National Institute of Technology, Delhi (NIT Delhi), established in 2010, is a new entrant in the league of NITs. Known for its smaller batches, it has an intake capacity of 60 in B.Tech and 15 for M.Tech in each specialization. Admissions are offered on the basis of national level entrance examinations namely JEE Main and GATE. Last year, the cut off of JEE Main opened at 3287 for General category and closed at 6362.
Being a new entrant, NIT Delhi consistently put efforts to improve the research facilities thereby improving the quality of its students. In the past few years, there have been many students who got the opportunity of internships with foreign organizations.
Click here NIT Delhi Cutoff
NIT Delhi Highlights
|Established | Type||2010 | Public Institution|
|Campus Area||13 acres|
|Courses Offered||UG, PG, and Ph.D.|
|Stream Available||Engineering, Science & Technology|
|Admission Criteria||Entrance Exam|
|Total Students||612 (Male: 524 | Female: 88)|
|Total Faculty||54 (incl. 34 Ph.D. holders)|
NIT Delhi Courses
It offers programs at both undergraduate and postgraduate level in the field of engineering and technology. Tabulated below are the details for the same:
|B.Tech||Computer Science & Engineering||10+2 in PCM with 75% marks (65% for SC/ST students)|
|Electronics & Communication Engineering|
|Electrical and Electronics Engineering|
|M.Tech||Mechanical Engineering||B.Tech in relevant discipline with 60% marks in aggregate (55% for SC/ST students)|
|Computer Science & Engineering|
|Ph.D.||Humanities and Management||M.Tech with graduation in Engineering with 60% marks (55% for SC/ST students)|
|Electrical & Electronics Engineering|
Check NIT Delhi Fees Structure
The reservation rules will be followed as per the norms of the Government of India prevailing at the time of admission. The candidate must show his/her valid caste certificate.
NIT Delhi Admissions
The students seeking admission in the Institute must register themselves for the accepted entrance exam as per the course. Listed below is the admission process for each course:
- Admission for the B.Tech program is based on the merit scored in JEE Main followed by JoSAA counseling. After the declaration of results of the entrance exam, the students can log in to the JoSAA website in order to apply for the counseling process.
- For M.Tech, a student must have a valid GATE score which will be followed by CCMT counseling.
- For admission in Ph.D., the candidate will have to go through 3 stages i.e. Screeing, Entrance Test and Personal Interview.
Candidates belonging to foreign countries can also take admission in NIT Delih with a valid SAT score. The institute has reserved 4 seats for such students in each specialization.
Know more: NIT Delhi Admission
NIT Delhi Scholarships
National Institute of Technology, Delhi offers financial assistance to deserving and meritorious students studying in its academic program. Mentioned below are the scholarships available at the Institute:
- Central Sector Scheme of Scholarship
- Top Class Education for Scheduled Tribe Students
- Merit-cum-Means Scholarships for Professional and Technical Courses
- Post Matric Scholarship for Students with Disabilities
- National Scholarship for Higher Education for ST students
- ISHAN UDAY- Special Scholarship Scheme for North Eastern Region
Click here: NIT Delhi Scholarships
NIT Delhi Placement
Like any other engineering college, NIT Delhi has a dedicated Training and Placement Cell which centrally handles all the placements organized in the campus. It organizes pre-placement activities such as mock interviews, expert talks, seminars to boost the confidence of the students. Listed below are the placement details for the Institute:
- For UG Courses: 110 students placed out of 150 with a median salary of 5 LPA
- For PG Courses: 4 students placed out of 26 students with a median salary of 6 LPA
Some of the top recruiters of the institute include names like IBM, Infosys, Samsung, Mac Software, Paytm, Reliance, Akash Institute, Futures First, SapientNitro, etc.
Check NIT Delhi Placement
NIT Delhi Facilities
Being an engineering college, National Institute of Technology, Delhi has a world-class infrastructure to meet every students’ need. Following are some of the facilities provided by NIT Delhi:
- Library: It has a rich collection of more than 10000 books on various topics, dissertations, reference books, magazines, CD/DVDs, journals, etc. It also subscribes to digital educational portals like DELNET, J-GATE, NPTEL. Students can access them with proper login details provided by the librarian.
- Hostel: The Institute provides a well-furnished hostel facility to candidates coming outstation areas. Currently, the boarding facility has been extended to 244 students at both boys and girls students. NIT Delhi has 3 hostels namely IAMR Hostel, RHCH Hostel, and YMCA Girls Hostel.
- Cafeteria: It is equipped with the latest appliances and stainless steel furniture with RO in water coolers.
- Bus Facility: NIT Delhi provides a free bus facility to students traveling from Narela to Jahangir Puri and Rohini.
NITs are ranked after IITs in India and therefore have great relevance in terms of academics as well as placement. Delhi, being the prime location, it will boost the opportunities for anyone studying here. NITs have highly qualified and experienced faculty members.