National Institute of Technology Delhi Admissions 2020: Courses, Eligibility, Application Form
National Institute of Technology (NIT), Delhi was established in 2010 and has been declared as an institute of National importance. It offers various degree courses at Bachelor’s, Masters and Doctorate levels in the Engineering and Technology disciplines.
Admission to B.Tech program is done through JEE Main followed by counseling. The admission to M.Tech courses is offered on the basis of a valid GATE score. For admission in the Ph.D. course, candidates have to appear in the entrance test conducted by the institute followed by an interview.
- NIT, New Delhi offers a four-year-long B.Tech program in 3 different disciplines.
- To qualify for NIT-D admissions into B.Tech, a candidate must score a minimum 75% in class 12th examination or be in the top 20 percentile in class 12th examination conducted by the state board.
- Admission is done through counseling conducted by Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA) based on JEE Main Ranking.
- For M.Tech programs, A valid GATE score is required. The seat will be confirmed after counseling (CCMT).
- Students can apply online by visiting the official website of the institute.
- Admission to Ph.D. courses is granted on the basis of the institute’s level entrance test followed by an interview.
Read about NIT Delhi Courses & Fee
NIT Delhi Admission Highlights 2020
|Name of the Institute||National Institute of Technology, Delhi|
|Type of Institute||Autonomous|
|Courses Offered||B.Tech, M.Tech, Ph.D.|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Basic Admission Criteria||Entrance Exam|
|Name of Entrance Exam||B.Tech.- JEE Main|
|Ph.D.- Entrance Exam|
NIT Delhi Undergraduate Admission 2020
National Institute of Technology, New Delhi offers admission to the B.Tech program in three different disciplines:
|B.Tech.||Computer Science and Engineering||10+2 in PCM with 75% marks (65% for SC/ ST) from a recognized board.|
|Electronics and Communication Engineering|
|Electrical and Electronics Engineering|
NIT Delhi B.Tech Selection Criteria
- Admission will be granted on the basis of the JEE Main score followed by JoSAA counseling.
- The intake of students in each Undergraduate Program is 60 and the admission is done through the Central Seat Allocation Board (CSAB).
- After the declaration of JEE Main results, the students can log in to the JoSAA website in order to apply for the counseling process with respect to their scores.
NIT Delhi B.Tech How to Aply?
The application process is conducted online. The candidates seeking admission in B.Tech. must appear for JEE Main.
- Candidates must visit the JEE Main website.
- Register for the online form.
- Enter the mandatory details.
- Complete the application form,
- Tick the declaration.
- Click on Submit.
- Upload the documents.
- Pay the application fee of the amount INR. 650/-
All candidates who have appeared in JEE (Main) are eligible to register for JoSAA.
- The candidates can register for the same via the JoSAA website.
- The candidates can log in using their JEE Main Application Number and Password.
- After registration, the candidates must select their preferred colleges.
- Lock the choices.
- Take a print out of the selected options.
NIT Delhi Postgraduate Admission 2020
At the PG level, the institute offers two-year master degree programs in following fields of engineering-
|M.Tech.||Electronics and Communication Engineering||B.Tech with 60% aggregate in all semesters (55% marks in aggregate for SC/ ST/ Others).|
|Computer Science and Engineering (Analytics)|
|Mechanical Engineering (CAD/CAM) |
|Electrical and Electronics Engineering (Power Electronics and Drives)|
|Electronics and Communication Engineering (VLSI)|
|Applied Sciences (Smart Materials and Technology)|
NIT Delhi M.Tech Selection Criteria
- Admissions are made on all India basis, with reservations as per Government of India norms. The selection criterion for admission to the entire M.Tech. is based on valid GATE score.
- GATE score followed by counseling (CCMT). The intake of students in each Postgraduate Program is 15 and the admission is done through CCMT Counselling.
CCMT Counselling Process (for M.Tech program):
CCMT authority selects candidates for counseling on the basis of prescribed eligibility criteria.
- Candidates must have a valid score of GATE 2016/ 2018 or 2019.
- Candidates must score a minimum of 60% or least 6.5 CGPA (on a 10-point scale) in all semesters of the qualifying degree. SC/ST candidates must score a minimum of 55% or 6.0 CGPA (on a 10-point scale) in all semesters.
- Candidates appearing in their final exams are also eligible to apply provided they have to submit their provisional mark sheet with no backlog papers.
NIT Delhi M.Tech How to Apply?
The candidates interested in taking GATE for the M.Tech Program must fill the online application form available on the official website of GATE.
- The cost of the application form is INR. 1500/- (INR. 750/- for Women, SC, ST, and PWD candidates)
- The application fee for the same has to be paid online using Net Banking, Credit Card, Debit Card or e-Challan.
- After appearing for GATE the candidates must appear for the CCMT counseling.
NIT Delhi Ph.D. Admission 2020
The Institute offers Doctorate of Philosophy (Ph.D.) degree programs in following fields of Engineering and Sciences-
|Electrical and Electronics Engineering||Two-year of M.Tech with graduation in Engineering and minimum 60% marks (55% for SC/ ST/ Others).|
|Electronics and Communication Engineering|
|Computer Science and Engineering|
|Humanities and Management|
NIT Delhi Ph.D Selection Criteria
Advertisement for admission to the Ph.D. program may be published on the website/newspapers (two times in a year) depending upon the vacancy in the department/center.
The selection procedure will comprise of three stages:
- Entrance Test
The screening will be conducted by the screening committee who will verify the eligibility of the candidate. The shortlisted applicants must appear for the entrance test followed by an interview.
- The written test may be of Multiple Choice Question (MCQ) Mode.
- A candidate securing at least 40% marks in the Entrance test shall be declared qualified in the test.
- The syllabus for the written test will be the same as the latest GATE/NET syllabus
- At the time of the interview, candidates may be asked to discuss their research interest/area in the form of a presentation.
For Ph.D. programs, preference will be given to candidates with relevant work experience, project work & thesis and performance in the interview.
NIT Delhi Ph.D How to Apply?
- The registration process for admission to the Ph.D. course isn’t conducted online.
- The candidate is required to register (in person) on the scheduled dates of registration.
- The applicant is required to fill the registration form and submit it to the DPGC convener.
- The screening committee will verify the eligibility of the candidate.
NIT Delhi Scholarships
The following list of scholarships are offered to the students of NIT Delhi:
- ISHAN UDAY- Special Scholarship Scheme for North Eastern Region
- Pre Matric Scholarships Scheme for Minorities
- Post Matric Scholarships Scheme for Minorities
- Merit Cum Means Scholarship For Professional and Technical Courses CS
- Pre-matric Scholarship for students with Disabilities
- Post-matric Scholarship for students with Disabilities
- Scholarships for Top Class Education for students with disabilities
- Top Class Education Scheme for SC Students
- Post Matric Scheme For Award of Scholarships Under Beedi Workers Welfare Fund
- Post Matric Scheme For Award of Scholarships Under Cine Workers Welfare Fund
- Pre Matric Scheme For Award of Scholarships Under Beedi Workers Welfare
- National Fellowship and Scholarship for Higher Education of ST Students – Scholarship (Formally Top Class Education for Schedule Tribe Students)
- Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme For Central Armed Police Forces And Assam Rifles
- Free education for sports medal winners
- PG Scholarship University Rank Holders
- Pre Matric Scheme For Award of Scholarships Under LSDM Welfare Fund
- Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme For RPF/RPSF
Ques. When will the JEE Main 2020 exam take place?
Ans. For the January session, the JEE Main 2020 exam will take place around January 6- January 11, 2020 (Tentative) and for the April Session, the exam will take place on April 3- April 9, 2020 (Tentative)
Ques. What documents will be required at the time of Admission for B.Tech?
The following documents must be produced at the time of admission:
- Printout of the registration form
- Original Admission Letter
- Original birth certificate
- Four Passport size Colored Photographs
- Class X (High School) mark sheet
- Original mark sheet of Class XII
- Pass Certificate of Class XII
- Aadhaar Card
- Original category Certificate
- Caste certificate
- Character Certificate
- Transfer Certificate
- Migration Certificate
- Mark sheet of the qualifying examination for all semesters
- Medical Certificate
- Family Income Certificate
Ques. When will the JoSAA counseling take place?
Ans. JoSAA counseling will take place from March 2020 (tentative)
Ques. Can the JEE fee be paid via demand draft?
Ans. The fee cannot be paid via Demand Draft. The fee can only be paid through Debit/Credit card.
Ques. What is GATE Application Fee for Foreign Nationals?
Ans. Foreign Nationality candidates are required to pay 1500/- for centers in India and US$ 50 in Addis Ababa, Colombo, Dhaka, and Kathmandu. Candidates attempting GATE in Dubai and Singapore, have to pay US$ 100 as application fee.
Ques. Can one register for more than one paper in GATE?
Ans. No, One can apply for only 1 paper out of 25 for GATE 2020. However, one has the liberty to choose any paper according to their admission plans, keeping the eligibility criteria in mind.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College