Auro University, Surat is a Private University located in Surat City of southern Gujarat. It was founded through the Gujarat Act No. 25th of October 2011. It has been developed and promoted by the JHM group of hotels which has earned a reputation of excellence for itself over the last three decades in building the infrastructure of a high standard in various parts of Surat. The courses are offered by many constituent schools such as the School of Business, School of Information Technology, etc.
The university provides numerous Undergraduate and Postgraduate Executive programs in Management, Law, Design, Arts, and Mass Communication such as BBA, BJMC, MBA, LLM, etc. The University itself conducts entrance exam for all regular courses and also accepts National level entrance exams like CAT, AIMA UGAT, etc. Auro University offers its students with a state of the art campus as well as several world-class facilities for educational and recreational purposes.
Auro University International Collaborations
- University of Northampton
- Universita di Roma
- Universita Degli Studi Di Torino
- San Diego State University
- International Management Institute, Switzerland
- Surati iLAB
Auro University Highlights
|Faculty to Student Ratio||1:12|
|Entrance Exam||University-level: Auro University Entrance Test
National-level: CAT, AIMA UGAT, CLAT, ATMA, LSAT, and XAT.
|Types of Programs||UG, PG, Diploma, and M.Phil/ Ph.D.|
|Mode of Registration||Online|
Auro University Recognitions and Awards
|Recognitions/ Awards||Ranking Body||Year|
|Best University in Hospitality Management||EPICURUS||2017|
|Torchbearer Institution of Indian Tourism||Think India|
|One Bronze||Christ University|
|Two Gold, One Sliver, and Three Bronze||Hospitality Ensemble|
Auro University Courses
Auro University offers students a number of courses in various specializations. Tabulated below are the details of the courses along with the corresponding eligibility criteria:
|Business||BBA in Marketing, HR, Finance, IB, and Taxation||Intermediate graduates in any disciplines with a minimum of 50% in total aggregate|
|BBA + PGD in Family Business and, Finance Markets|
|B.Com||Intermediate graduate from Commerce background with at least 50%|
|B.Com + Certificate in Accountancy|
|MBA in Marketing, HR, Finance, and IB||Graduates in any course with at least 50%|
|PG Diplomas in Family Business, Business Analytics, and, Finance Markets|
|Ph.D. in Business Management||Master degree in the relevant field.|
|Hospitality Management||B.Sc. in Hospitality Management||Intermediate graduate from Science background with at least 50%|
|B.Sc. + M.Sc. in Hospitality Management|
|M.Sc. in Tourism||B.Sc. graduates in tourism with at least 50%|
|Design||B.Des in Space Designing, Textile, and Design Communication||Intermediate graduates in Science with at least 50%|
|B.Des + Masters in Space Design|
|Law||BA + LLB||Intermediate graduates in any disciplines with a minimum of 50% in total aggregate|
|BBA + LLB|
|Arts, Journalism, and Mass Communication||BA (Journalism)|
|Bachelor of Journalism and Mass Communication|
|BA (Prog) + Hons|
|BA + MA|
|Diploma in Photography|
|Master of Journalism + Mass Communication||
BJMC or BA Journalism graduate with at least 50%
Auro University Admissions
Candidates seeking admission to any of the programs mentioned above must register themselves on the official website. The mode of registration and application is online.
The selection of the candidates is based on merit in several entrance exams. Candidates are requested to register on the exam website as well. Below is given the brief of qualifying exams:
|Course||Qualifying Entrance Exam||Read More|
|BBA||AIMA UGAT||Click Here|
|For Rest of the Courses||Aura University Entrance Exam||Click Here|
Know More: Auro University Raipur Admissions
Auro University Scholarship
The University offers scholarships and financial aids, to meritorious students enrolled in the different degree programs of the university.
- For a B.Sc. Program in Hospitality Management or a B.B.A. financial aid is provided who have managed to score over 60% but less than 75% on their boards. Scholarships are provided for those who have secured above 85% in their board examinations. They need to pay 25% less of the tuition fee.
- For pursuing an MBA or master’s degree in business administration, financial aid is provided to those who have scored above 50% in their graduation. The aid entails a 15% waiver on the tuition fee amount
AURO Merit Scholarships
Post Graduate Scholarship
|Grade Obtained||Scholarship Percentage|
|More than 90%||50%|
|Grade Obtained||Scholarship Percentage|
|More than 95%||35%|
The scholarship from the second semester onwards will be governed by the University’s Student Performance-based Scholarship Programme.
Auro University provides scholarships to those meritorious students who have excelled in sports at different levels such as state, national, and international. The students who meet the conditions required for sports scholarships can avail it.
Check: Auro University Scholarship
Auro University Placements
At Auro University, there is a distinguished Placement Cell which is dedicated to providing students with placement opportunities as well as professional training. All students are given 100% placement assistance as well as internship opportunities at industry giants such as Marriott, Gateway by Taj, Starwoods, Agarwal Fabtex Ltd, Ameriprise Financials, Anand Rathi, Axis Bank, Beacon Insurance and many more.
Some of the major recruiters at the university include Ameriprise Financials, Anand Rathi, Axis Bank, Beacon Insurance, Blue Orange, Country Club, Development Credit Bank, DLF Pramerica, HDFC Ltd, Hindustan Unilever, India Infoline, Indiabulls Securities Limited, Landmark Group, Max Life Insurance, Radio Mirchi, Reliance Retail etc.
Auro University Facilities
- Hostel: Hostel facilities are available with twin sharing rooms featuring suite-style rooms, social interaction Cafeteria serving hygienic and nutritious food via Tuck Shop and Cafe,
- stationary with all academic and non-academic books,
- Food: Fine dining restaurant and canteen serve a variety of delicacies and multi-cuisine menu.
- Library: The Learning Resource Center at AURO University is among the best of its kind Benchmarked to international standards, it provides a conducive environment for group study as well as independent study. The LRC has a vast collection of books, magazines, offline and online journals, as well as a comprehensive audio & video collection.
- Sports: Sports facilities for volleyball, basketball, cricket, hockey, badminton, football, athletics, etc. Indoor games such as billiards, table-tennis, chess, carom, world-class gymnasium, designated spaces for music, arts, theatre, and many more.
- Transport: There is a shuttle service also available for the students, faculty, and staff members.
Auro University Faculty
The university has a highly qualified team of faculty members who are experts in their fields. All members of Auro University faculty are accomplished individuals with years of experience in their respective disciplines. The faculty consists of professors, associate professors, assistant professors and other teaching as well as non-teaching staff. All members are very supportive and encouraging towards students and follow and highly interactive approach towards teaching.
Check: Auro University Faculty
Auro University FAQs
Ques. Where will be an Interview for admission? Will it be at other states or at the University Campus?
Ques. Is Auro University accredited by AICTE?
Ques What is the procurement for girls’ residences on Campus?
Ques. If a student, after paying the fee wants to defer registration till the next semester or the next academic year, is she/he allowed to do so?
1. If a student has requested deferment after the start of the first semester, the student must apply to the University authorities for permission.
2. If the candidate has paid fees and seeks the deferment before the semester starts, he can get his fees refunded as per the Admission rules. Candidates then can apply afresh for admission in the same year.