IIM Rohtak will start the personal interview session from the 2nd week of Feb for admission to the PGP course. The selection process for admission to the flagship course is the scores secured in CAT as well as performance in the personal interview.
Moreover, IIM Rohtak is currently inviting applications for admission to the ePGPx and DPM program 2021. The last date for applying to the course is Feb 22.
IIM Rohtak Admission 2020 Updates- IIM Rohtak Shortlist 2020 (PGP) includes a total of 22237 CAT application IDs that have been shortlisted under various categories such as General, DAP, ST, SC, NC-OBC, etc. Out of the 22237 shortlisted candidates, only 240 students will be selected for IIM Rohtak PGP admission 2021. Since the institute has recently opted out of CAP (Common Admission Process), a weightage of 50% will now be assigned to the CAT score, 30% to the PI-WAT score, and 20% for the Gender and Academic Diversity.
Check IIM Rohtak CAT Cutoff
IIM Rohtak Quick Facts:
- IIM-R has been ranked amongst the top 5 IIMs in research and 21st among the top B Schools in India by NIRF 2020.
- There are a total of 28 faculty members working full-time at the institute. More than 80% of the faculty members are Ph.D. degree holders from top universities such as BITS Pilani, IIM Lucknow, and IIT Kharagpur. Faculty members at IIM Rohtak also have vast industrial experience.
- The institute has digital classrooms with modern facilities. The infrastructure of the college includes flourished library, hostels for students & quarters for staff and faculty, gym, medical facilities, mess facilities, etc.
- IIM Rohtak placement rate is 100%. Companies visiting the campus for the recruitments are big companies with top-notch values.
- Students have high chances of getting placed in EY, Of Business, Arcesium, Wipro, Infosys, Accenture, PolyCabs, Swadhaar Finserv, Muthoot Finance, etc. as they are amongst the top recruiters of IIM Rohtak. Read More IIM Rohtak Placement
- From an academics point of view, IIM Rohtak is progressing well. Class lectures are mostly case-based where a certain situation is given to students and they are made to discuss that case-based pedagogy with their peers and come to a solution or conclusion. This gives students an opportunity to analyze and study the given situation from various angles.
- There are a total of 13 committees and 10 clubs run by students. These clubs conduct various activities from photography to academic debates.
- As per the IIM Rohtak Student reviews, every student gets an opportunity to explore through these activities which makes the life of a student at IIM Rohtak busy.
IIM Rohtak PGP:
PGP is the flagship course of IIM-Rohtak that is offered on a full time basis. The duration of the course is two academic years across 6 terms. Aspirants willing to get admission for PGP course should have a valid CAT score along with bachelor's degree.
The selection criteria for PGP course is constructed by IIM Rohtak itself. IIM Rohtak conduit rigours admission process for selecting the best fit for the program.
Initially, the institute shortlists candidates for PI based on CAT score. In the final stage, it considered parameters such as CAT score, PI score, Academic diversity and gender diversity. Unlike other IIM, IIM Rohtak does not involve parameters like Bachelor’s score, class 10, 12 scores for final selection.
IIM Rohtak Date
|Last Date of registration||January 23, 2021|
|Intimation regarding PI||January 27, 2021|
|PI Phase I||February 15-20, 2021|
|PI Phase II||February 22-27, 2021|
|PI Phase III||March 8-13, 2021|
IIM Rohtak Rankings
- The institute was ranked in the 21st position under the Management category by NIRF India Rankings 2020.
- Ranked 20th for IIMs by Outlook 2020
- The institute was ranked in the 21st position for MBA by WEEK 2019.
- The institute received the Best Business School Award at 11th DNA Innovative Education Leadership Awards 2019.
Check IIM Rohtak Ranking
IIM Rohtak CAT Cutoff
The IIM Rohtak 2021 cutoff has been released by the institute. Candidates who attain the scores that fit in the cutoff criteria of IIM Rohtak 2021 will be shortlisted for the next round of admission to the PGPM programme.
Category wise cutoff
Check IIM Rohtak Cutoffs
IIM Rohtak Demographics
IIM Rohtak is known for its diverse batch profile. It is mainly clear in terms of Gender diversity of PGP batch at the institute. For the PGP 2020-2022 batch, gender diversity reached the highest record of the institutes with 69% female students. The batch size of PGP 2020-2022 batch is 260.
The batch profile of 2018-2020 batch states 32% of students are from the non-engineering stream. There are only 68% engineering students followed by 17% commerce stream, 10% science stream and 5% arts.
PGP Batch profile:
|Batch||Gender ratio (Male: Female)|
Academic diversity of PGP Batch 2018-2020:
|Batch Education Background||Percentage|
IIM Rohtak Courses
IIM Rohtak offers both full-time and part-time courses through its six departments:
- Management Information System
- Organizational Behavior and HRM
- Marketing & Strategy
- Finance & Accounting
- Operation and Economics
- Public Policy
Given below is a brief about the courses offered at the institute:
|Postgraduate Program in Management (PGPM)||Duration: 2 years
Eligibility: UG Degree with a minimum of 50% marks
| CAT Score + WAT & PI + Academic Performance + Work Experience
CAT Cut off: 95 percentile (General)
|Integrated Program in Management (IPM)||Duration: 5 years
Eligibility: 10+2 Qualifications with a minimum of 60% marks
|IPM Aptitude Test followed by WAT & PI|
|Post Graduate Program In Management For Executives (EPGPx)||Duration: 1 year
Eligibility: UG or PG Degree in any discipline with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate
|Entrance Exam followed by a Personal Interview|
|Executive Fellow Program In Management (EFPM)||Duration: 4 years
Eligibility: Post-Graduate degree in any discipline with at least 55% marks
Entrance Exam followed by an interview
|Executive Post Graduate Diploma In Sports Management (EPGDSM)||Duration: 2 years
Eligibility: UG or PG Degree in any discipline with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate
|Doctoral Program In Management (DPM)/ PhD||Duration: 4 years
Eligibility: PG degree in any discipline with a minimum of 55% marks
|Academic Qualifications, Performance in the Qualifying Exams, PI & Work Experience
Accepted test scores: CAT/ GMAT/ GRE/ GATE/ UGC/ JRF
Note: Almost all the 2nd Gen IIMs follow a similar fee structure. Students can avail themselves of educational loans from various banks at lower interest rates (subjected to the changes in bank policies) and students can also avail scholarships available.
Read More: IIM Rohtak Fees
IIM Rohtak Placement
IIM Rohtak in Final placement of PGP 2018-2020 bartch witness 100% placement record. The average placement package has increased from INR 11.85 LPA in 2019 to INR 13.70 LPA.
In 2020, there is a 47% hike in new company participation. These new recruits include Bain Capability Network, Lenskart, RBS, Michael Page, Infosys Management Consulting and many others.
On the other hand, the institute retained participation of its recurring recruiters like ICICI Bank, Indus Valley Partners, Tata Steel, HDFC Bank, Capgemini, Cognizant and many other.
The table below provides more details of placement 2020:
|No. of Companies Visited||86|
|No. of Students||236|
|Batch Gender Ratio||1:1|
|Work experience students||58%|
|Highest Package||24 LPA|
|Average Package||13.7 LPA|
|Median Package||13 LPA|
|Highest Recruiting Sector||IT/ITES|
|Increase in average salary||15.6%|
The following table represents recruiters details of Placement 2020:
|Indus Valley Partners||IndiaMart||Accenture||Infosys|
Sector Wise Placement Percentage:
Source: IIM Rohtak Final Placement Report (Read PDF)
IIM Rohtak Scholarship
IIM Rohtak offers limited scholarships to meritorious and need based students. The following scholarship are offered to the IIM Rohtak students:
- IIM-R Merit cum Means (MCM) Scholarship: Merit cum means scholarship is offered to the PGP First year and second year students. The scholarship is awarded to the students based on family income and CGPA in the past academic year. Students with minimum CGPA 6.5 and Grade not less than C+ are eligible for the scholarship. Such candidates must have family income within INR 2 LPA. Every academic year, IIM Rohtak selects 20 students in merit cum Means for this scholarship.
- SC/ST Need Based Scholarship: This scholarship is sponsored by MHRD of Government of India. This is offered to the SC or ST students of IIM Rohtak based on family income. This scholarship can offer a complete fee waiver to the selected student.
IIM Rohtak Faculty
IIM Rohtak has a well accomplished and highly qualified faculty team of 62 members. Out of this faculty member, 56 of them are Ph.D holders in Management discipline. The faculty consist of several positions such as assistant professor, associate professor and professor. There are also faculty members based on full time faculty and visiting faculty. The detailed date of the faculty in various position as follow:
- Visiting faculty: 35
- Regular faculty: 25
- Assistant professor: 20
- Associate professor: 4
- Professor: 1
Ques. What is the financial assistance offered by IIM Rohtak?
Ques. How to reach IIM Rohtak?
Ans. There are two major routes available for visitors to reach IIM Rohtak.
- From Delhi Airport, one can easily book a cab or taxi to IIM Rohtak campus.
- Visitors can opt for the metro from the nearest metro station to ISBT, then get a bus to Rohtak Bus stand, and reach to IIM Rohtak campus by any transport.
Ques. Will IIM Rohtak conduct CAP 2021 for PGP admission?
Ques. What are the recent ranks recurred by IIM Rohtak?
Ques. Are there student clubs at IIM Rohtak?