IIM Udaipur is the 7th IIM set up by the Central government. Being established in 2011, the institute is placed at 17th position in NIRF 2020 Ranking. Recently, IIM Udaipur has been featured in Masters in Management (MIM) QS World University Rankings 2021 in 101+ band. The institute has moved up by four places and ranked #72 for its 2-year MBA program by FT Masters in Management 2020 Global Ranking, 76 in 2019. It is also ranked first in India on Value for Money and Career Progression among FT MIM ranked schools.
IIM Udaipur offers an MBA, which is the flagship program of the institute. IIM Lucknow Admission to MBA is done through CAP based on CAT exam scores, past academic records, and a Personal Interview round. The CAT Cutoff for admission is set for 93 percentile. The institute also offers two 1-year MBA programs in Global Supply Chain Management and Digital Enterprise Management, PGDBA for Working Executives (PGDBAWE) and Ph.D. in Management. Work experience of minimum 3-years for MBA-DEM and MBA-GSCM is mandatory for applying. Check IIM Udaipur Courses & Fees.
IIM Udaipur Admission Updates:
- IIM Udaipur has launched 5-year IPM course which will award an MBA degree to students on completion.
- More than 3000 candidates have been shortlisted for the CAP 2021 round by IIM Udaipur. As per the new criteria, there will be no WAT round and the candidates will be shortlisted for final selection based on CAT score, PI round, and Student Profile. Check IIM Udaipur Selection Criteria
- IIM Udaipur Ph.D admission is on. The application process for the same ended on February 7, 2021, and the tentative dates for the RAT and PI round are scheduled from March 30 to April 5, 2021.
- IIM Udaipur has released PGDBAWE Applications for Cycle 3 on March 01, 2021. The last date to apply is March 31, 2021. The result of Cycle 3 will be released on April 15, 2021.
- The registration for MBA-DEM and MBA-GSCM programs at IIM U is scheduled on May 05, 2021.
IIM Udaipur Quick Facts
- IIM Udaipur is the youngest B-school in the world to be featured in the QS MIM 2021 and FT MIM 2020 rankings. It also holds a rank amongst the top 5 business schools in India by UT Dallas. Check IIM Udaipur Rankings
- IIM Udaipur has witnessed 100% placements for its MBA 2021 batch with offers made to 322 students out of 325 total students. Check IIM Udaipur Placements 2021
- The intake capacity for the MBA 2021 program has been increased to 325.
- The location of the institute gives a real advantage to students as they connect with the local NGOs and government companies working closely with the industries in Udaipur.
- The faculty members at IIM Udaipur are PhD holders or fellows from the top B-Schools. The adjunct and visiting faculties too are from top IIMs such as IIM Ahmedabad and IIM Raipur. Read More: IIM Udaipur Faculty
- After IIM Ahmedabad, IIM Bangalore, and IIM Calcutta, IIM Udaipur is the 4th institute getting accreditation from AACSB (one of the two most prestigious international accreditations for management education along with EQUIS).
IIM Udaipur Ranking
- Ranked in 101+ band by QS World University Rankings 2021
- Ranked 17 for MBA by NIRF 2020
- Ranked 72 by FT Masters in Management 2020 Global Ranking
- Ranked 19 for MBA by The Week 2020
- Ranked 3 for Overall by TOI 2020
- Ranked 13 for MBA by NIRF 2019
- Ranked 21 for MBA by India Today 2019
- Ranked 24 for MBA by The Week 2019
- Ranked 13 for Overall by Financial Express 2019
IIM Udaipur Courses
Courses offered by the Indian Institute of Management Udaipur (IIMU) are as follows:
Duration: 2 years
Eligibility: Graduation with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate
|National: INR 15,92,000 International: INR 20,35,000|
|MBA GSCM (Global Supply Chain Management)||
Duration: 1 year
Eligibility: Graduation in any discipline with 3 years of work experience
Selection Criteria: Valid score in GRE or GMAT
|Option 1: INR 12,40,000 Option 2: INR 19,50,000|
|MBA DEM (Digital Enterprise Management)||
Duration: 1 year
Eligibility: Graduation in any discipline with 3 years of work experience
Selection Criteria: Valid score in GRE or GMAT
|Executive: INR 17,00,000 Standard: INR 16,30,000|
Duration: 4.5 - 5 years
Eligibility: Master's degree in any discipline with 55% marks in aggregate. OR; CA/ ICWA/ CS with 50% marks in aggregate. BE/ B.Tech/ B.Arch with 6.5 CGPA
Selection Criteria: Valid score in CAT/ GRE/ GATE/ UGC NET/ CSIR NET
|Stipend of INR 30,000 per month of Ph.D. Students.|
IIM Udaipur MBA program
The PGP course of the institute is now renamed the IIM Udaipur MBA program and ranked 17th amongst the top 100 management institutes in India by the NIRF 2020 rankings. The program focuses on various factors such as internships, placements, curriculum development, etc. Some of the key highlights of the IIM Udaipur MBA program are:
- Students are given chances of International Corporate internships, International Business Practices, and Student Exchange program through which they can explore the impact of cultural values, personal, and intellectual horizons.
- In addition to the international linkages, the students are required to work with the village NGOs under Rural immersion to understand the challenges faced by the rural people.
- The students sent for internships work with companies facing business problems so that they can learn the work environment on the ground level.
Other than this, 28 students received pre-placement offers based on their performances in the summer internship.
Students opting to pursue their own business got financial support from the institute in the form of a monthly workshop allowance and a 2-year placement holiday.
The student to faculty ratio of the college is 10:1 which makes it easier to interact in class with the teachers and other students.
The overall course fee is INR 14 Lacs, which is very less compared to other top IIMs in India. With such a low amount of fees, the college gives INR 19 LPA as an average package which puts the institute at a good level in terms of ROI.
Changes in the IIM Udaipur Selection Criteria
There has been a lot of changes made in the IIM Udaipur Selection Criteria since last year:
- The sectional cut off has been reduced to 70 percentile from 80 percentile.
- The overall MBA cut off 2021 has been reduced to 93 percentile in the CAP round shortlisting. For the year 2020, the percentile was set to 95 percentile.
- Where CAT cut off is being reduced in the CAP 2021 process, IIM Udaipur has increased the overall selection weightage to 60% from 55% from the last year. Check IIM Udaipur Parameter Weightages
- There is no WAT round in the CAP process, only the PI round will be conducted.
- The PI round will be conducted in an online mode.
- The maximum weighatge is assigned to CAT i.e. 60%
- Weightage to Work Experience goes up at 9% from 6% last year.
- Weightage to PI increased to 15%.
IIM Udaipur MBA Cut off 2021
Check More: IIM Udaipur Cut off
IIM Udaipur MBA Batch 2018-2020 Demographics
Out of the class size of 263, there were 25% women. In this class of 263 students, 233 students were placed, the rest 10 students did not seek employment through campus for one or other reasons, and the remaining opted for business. Tabulated below is the detailed description of the MBA Batch of 2018-2020 IIM Udaipur.
|Total Batch Size||263 Students|
|Students without work Experience||33%|
|Avg work experience of Candidates with Work Experience||28 Months|
|Students who did not seek employment||010|
IIM Udaipur Placements
The institute concluded its final placement for 2021. Out of 325 students of the batch, 322 got placement offers by top companies like HSBC, Accenture, ICICI Bank, RBI, etc. The key details of placements are given below:
IIM Udaipur Placement Highlights 2020-2022 Batch
- 100+ firms recruited from IIM Udaipur Final Placements 2021.
- Around 60 new recruiters visited the campus for providing placements.
- The maximum offers were made in Sale & Marketing sectors.
- E-Commerce witnessed 100% increase in number of offers as compared to last year.
- Three students opted out of the placement to pursue their own ventures.
- Top Recruiters were GoldmanSachs, HSBC, Aditya Birla, Accenture, Tata, ICICI Bank, Adani, NSE, Bajaj Auto, BPCL, Capgemini, Cummins, HPCL, ICICI Bank, RBI, Titan, and etc.
IIM Udaipur concluded its 2021 Final Placement Report for its Two-year flagship MBA program and the One-year MBA program in Global Supply Chain Management (GSCM).
No. of Students Participating
No. of Recruiters
No. of Students Placed
No. of New Recruiters
Goldman Sachs, HSBC, Accenture
The MBA batch comprised 325 students, out of which 3 did not seek placements or were considering entrepreneurship ventures giving a boost to Make in India campaign or going back to join family business or decided to pursue higher education.
Read more: IIM Udaipur Placement
IIM Udaipur Scholarship
Following are the scholarships offered by the management institute to help the deserving students finance their studies:
|Name of the Scholarship||Awarding Authority||How to avail|
|Central Sector Scholarship Scheme of Top Class Education for Scheduled Castes Students||Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment||Click Here|
|National Fellowship and Scholarship for Higher Education of ST Students||Ministry of Tribal Affairs||NA|
|Merit-cum means based scholarship scheme belonging to the minority communities||Ministry of Minority Affairs.||Click Here|
|Scheme of Scholarship for Top Class Education for Students with Disabilities||Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities (Divyangjan)||Click Here|
|Mukhya Mantri Sarvajan Uchcha Shiksha Scheme||Higher Technical and Medical Education||Click Here|
IIM Udaipur Alumni
IIM Udaipur has wide network of Alumni, among which some of the notable alumni are mentioned below:
- Ashish Vijay: Business Anaylst at Axis Bank, Mumbai
- Vaibhav Narain: Director Of Business Operations at Mediphore, Pune
- Aditya Sharma: Financial Planning & Analysis Manager at Genpact Headstrong Capital Markets, Noida
- Rajarshi Ghosh: Procurement Proffesional at IBM, New Delhi
- Sruthy K M: Manager- Demand Planning at Mahindra Rise, Mumbai
- Gaurav Banka: Deputy Manager Strategy and Investor Relations at Holidayme, Pune
- Juhi Panchal: National Account Manager at Vodafone India Services Pvt. Ltd., Mumbai
- Mrityunjai Yadav: Neu Tree Ventures Pvt. Ltd., Lucknow
IIM Udaipur FAQs
Ques. Which IIM is better, IIM Udaipur, Tiruchirapalli, Nagpur, or Kashipur?
Ans. Below is a brief difference between IIM Udaipur, IIM Tiruchirappalli, IIM Nagpur, and IIM Kashipur.
|Placement CTC||Average CTC: INR 15.44 LPA Highest CTC: INR 40 LPA||Average CTC: INR 12.19 LPA Highest CTC: INR 35.50 LPA||Average CTC: INR 12.42 LPA Highest CTC: INR 20 LPA||Average CTC: INR 12.19 LPA Highest CTC: INR 28 LPA|
|Courses||MBA||PGPM and FPM||PGP||MBA, PGP, and FPM|
|NIRF 2020 Rankings||17th||15th||(-)||33rd|
|-||Read More||Read More||Read More|
Ques. Does IIM Udaipur provide hostel facilities?
Ans. Indian Institute of Management Udaipur provides hostel accommodation to both its National and International students. The hostel rooms are single and double sharing depending on which course you choose. The hostels are filled with all the required amenities which a student may need. Below are some details related to IIM Udaipur Hostel:
|Program||Hostel details||Hostel Fees|
|IIM MBA||Twin sharing||Hostel: INR 12,000/ per semester Mess: INR 17,000/ per semester|
|MBA (Global Supply Chain Management)||Executive: Single occupancy room with an attached toilet. Standard: Single occupancy room without an attached toilet||*Option 1: INR 1,60,000 *Option 2: INR 2,20,000|
|MBA (Digital Enterprise Management)||Module 1: INR 60,000 Module 2: INR 50,000 Module 3: INR 40,000|
Option 1- offers one entire semester at Purdue University in the United States with a focus on global supply chain perspective.
Option 2- takes place entirely in India, with a focus on supply chain and a two-week international component abroad.
Ques. What are the parameters used for the final selection at IIM Udaipur?
Ans. There are a lot of parameters according to which a candidate is shortlisted for the final selection at IIM Udaipur:
- CAT score: 60%
- Personal Interview: 15%
Further, the profile parameter is bifurcated into the following sections:
- Academic Profile: 9%
- 10th Standard: 2%
- 12th Standard: 2%
- Under Graduation: 4%
- CA/ CS/ ICWA (completed): 1%
- Work experience: 9%
- Diversity: 7
Ques. Does the Institute provide any financial assistance to students enrolled in the Ph.D. program?
Ans. The Indian Institute of Management, Udaipur provides financial assistance to Ph.D. students in various forms:
- Students will be eligible for a stipend of INR 30,000 per month in the first year with a 10% annual increment up to a maximum of five years.
- The Institute also provides a one-time allowance of up to INR 50,000 to purchase a laptop or computer.
- Students will be provided a grant to purchase books, research materials, hardware, software, stationery, etc. of INR 50,000 in the first year of the program and INR 25,000 from the second year onwards until the end of the fifth year.
Ques. What are the career prospects after pursuing MBA in Digital Enterprise Management?
Ans. The program is aimed at preparing the students for critical managerial roles in digital technologies. One can apply in organizations like Native Digital and Going Digital. Such companies hire managers who are entirely digitally savvy. They require appropriately skilled managerial staff for human resources management as well.
Ques. What roles have been offered to GSCM graduates from IIMU?
Ans. Students have been offered job opportunities in various domains like Analytics, Materials Management, Operations, Sales and Marketing, and Supply Chain Management by prominent recruiters.
Ques. What is an average review of the Indian Institute of Management, Udaipur?
Ans. Studying at IIM Udaipur provides access to things infrastructure, best peers in the batch, industry interaction, pedagogy, etc. The Rural Immersion, Global Immersion, and the reputed faculty which aid in the overall development of students distinguishes the institute from other colleges. The opportunities given to students to lead events for clubs/ committees and summits drive the execution learning process of students. Live projects and entrepreneurial initiatives complement the classroom learnings. The entire IIMU administration including the Director exemplifies transparency, accountability, and approachability. I chose IIMU over a dozen other B-Schools last year and the decision has turned out to be a good one.
Read More: IIMU Reviews
Ques. What is the highest package of IIM Udaipur?
Ans. The highest salary package at the Indian Institute of Management (IIMU) is INR 40 LPA.
Ques. Is it worthwhile to join IIM Raipur and IIM Udaipur?
Ans.IIM Udaipur is absolutely worth joining than IIM Raipur. IIM Udaipur gives 100% placement to its students whereas IIM Raipur gives a 95% placement rate. The highest salary package offered at IIM Raipur is INR 24 LPA whereas IIM Udaipur provides INR 40 LPA as the highest salary package.
Read More: IIM Raipur
Ques. What roles have GSCM graduates been offered?
Ans. Students graduating from the GSCM program have been recruited for various roles like Analytics, Materials Management, Operations, Sales and Marketing, and Supply Chain Management by prominent recruiters.
Ques. What CAT percentile do I need for IIM Udaipur?
Ans. The CAT percentile required for admission to IIM Udaipur is 92.
Read More: IIM Udaipur Cut off
Ques. Which is better, IIM Kozhikode or IIM Udaipur?
Ans.IIMU is ranked 17th among management institutes in India by NIRF Rankings 2020. The institute accepts applications from both National and International applicants and provides 100% placements with maximum CTC up to INR 40 LPA and minimum CTC up to INR 13 LPA.
IIM Kozhikode is known for its flagship postgraduate program i.e. MBA. NIRF 2020 Ranking places the college at #6 out of 100 Top Management colleges in India. Also, it is ranked at #6 out of 30 best MBA colleges of India by Outlook-India ICARE. The graduating batch of IIMK secured jobs in Deloitte, Goldman Sachs, Hindustan Unilever Limited, JPMC with an average salary of INR 23.08 LPA.
Ques. What is that only IIM Udaipur has but no other IIM does?
Ans. The focus on Research stands out in IIM Udaipur. The other 2 focus areas of the institute are academics and entrepreneurship. But they are not unique to IIM Udaipur. The focus on research is already paying off in terms of AACSB accreditation and good rankings for a 10-year-old institution.
Ques. In terms of placement, how is IIM Udaipur for a non-engineer freshman student?
Ans.IIM Udaipur has good placements for an institute with around 10 years of vintage. With AACSB accreditation, the placement scenario is expected to become better. For non-engineer freshmen, it's easier to get marketing, HR and finance roles. For Consulting and Ops/Supply Chain roles, experienced hands get preferred in general.
Ques. Does the GSCM course require candidates to have prior supply chain experience?
Ans. The program doesn’t require any prior supply chain experience for admission.