Baddi University of Emerging Sciences and Technologies (BUEST), commonly known as Baddi University was established in 2002 and recognized as a university in 2009. Spread over 40 acres of land, the institute has built up an impressive structure for academics with project-based learning and excellent placements. Admission to professional courses in the university is entirely based on Merit. The merit list is prepared by analyzing the marks scored by candidates in the entrance examination conducted by the University. The University conducts entrance examinations in both offline and online mode. It offers various courses in fields such as engineering, management, nursing, etc.
The university has created 7 schools for different courses. These are Schools of Engineering & Emerging Technologies, School of Management Studies, School of Sciences, School of Pharmacy & Emerging Sciences, School of Agricultural Sciences, BUEST Nursing College, and School of Physiotherapy.
Baddi University Highlights
|Established | Institute Type||2002 | Private|
|Entrance Exam||Merit Examination|
|Courses Offered||B.Tech, M.Tech, B.Com, MBA, B.Sc, B.Ed|
|Top Recruiters||Mankind, Amazon, Cipla, Wipro|
|Campus Area||40 acres|
|Facilities Available||Smart classrooms, Library, Hostels, Gym|
Baddi University Ranking
- Baddi University of Emerging Sciences and Technologies has been ranked first in the state of Himachal Pradesh.
- The University ranks 627th all over India and 12,065th all over the world.
- SPES which is one of the schools established by BUEST for Pharmaceutical studies has been adjudged as one of the top-ranked Emerging Pharmacy Institute of India by AICTE - CII Survey of Industry Linked Technical Institutes.
Baddi University Courses
Tabulated below are the courses offered by the college under various specializations:
|B.Tech||Duration: 4 years
Eligibility: Intermediate graduate with Physics and Maths as mandatory subjects along with either Biology, Chemistry, or Computer Science.
Specialization: Civil, Computer Science, Electrical, Mechanical
Selection Criteria: Marks obtained in JEE Main or marks obtained in Qualifying examination.
|B.Sc||Duration: 3 - 4 years
Eligibility: Intermediate graduate with Physics and Maths as mandatory subjects and in case of B.Sc Chemistry they require to have studied chemistry.
Specialization: Chemistry, Nursing, Agriculture, etc.
Selection Criteria: Applicants need to have a valid score in one of the state B.Sc entrance exam or BUEST entrance test.
|B.Pharm.||Duration: 3 - 4 years
Eligibility: Intermediate graduate with Physics and Chemistry as mandatory subjects along with either Computer Science, Biology, or Mathematics
Selection Criteria: Applicants must have a valid score in any of the state-based B.Pharm.entrance exams or BUEST entrance exam
|B.Com||Duration: 3 years
Eligibility: Intermediate graduate from any stream except for a Commerce stream at qualifying level if applying for B.Com.
Selection Criteria: Must have a valid score in any of the state-level B.Com/ BBA/BHM entrance exam or BUEST Entrance Test
|B.Ed||Duration: 2 years
Eligibility: Intermediate graduate
Selection Criteria: Valid scores in any of the state-level B.Ed entrance exams or BUEST Entrance test
Click here Baddi University Courses and Fees
Baddi University Haryana Admission
Admission to the professional courses at Baddi University is entirely based on Merit Examinations conducted by the University. The exam will be both online as well as offline which depends on the personal choice of the student.
How to Apply?
- The application process for the courses can be done online as well as offline. Applicants may either fill-up the form online or collect and submit the form at the administration office.
- An application fee of INR 990 has to be submitted along with the form. The cash can be deposited at Baddi University fee counter or at the nearest branch of Punjab National Bank. The printout of the voucher (Challan) is required as proof of payment. In case of online submission of the form, payment can be done either through Debit Card or a Credit Card. Demand Draft in favor of Baddi University is payable at District Solan Himachal Pradesh.
- While applying online, on successful submission of the application form the student receives a Unique Id and password which would be his identity during the admission procedure.
- In the case of an online exam, the student can select the time slot via the website once they receive the notification regarding the same.
- The program wise merit lists will be put on within 2 weeks of the commencement of the examination on the official website of the University.
- After counseling, successful candidates will be given an offer for admission.
- On accepting the offer, the student is required to deposit the fees as per their course.
Baddi University Placement
The Placement Department at Baddi University of Emerging Sciences and Technologies provides ample opportunities to its students to sharpen their knowledge and mold their skills in the best possible ways. Many reputed companies like L&T, Tata Steel, Vodafone, Infosys, etc. have shown a strong interest in young professionals at the University to fulfill their manpower needs.
Each year, a number of companies visit the campus of BUEST for campus recruitments of young talented professionals. Companies like Mankind, Cipla, Dabur, Amazon, Reliance,etc. are among various other recruiters who visit the University every year for campus recruitments. The institute speaks highly of achieving 100% placement of all eligible candidates of its 2019 Batch. The Indian Navy and Indian Army have been choosing BUEST as its Nodal Centre for recruitment for many years.
Know more Baddi University Placement
Baddi University Scholarship
Various scholarships are awarded to the meritorious students to freshly admitted students.
- Tuition Fee Exemption: Given to the first year, depending upon their ranks in the entrance examinations.
- 15% concession: Given to those scoring between 70 - 80%
- 25% concession: Given to those who scored between 80-90%
- 100% concession: Given to those who scored above 95%
- On the basis of JEE Mains scores:
- 25% concession: Given to those who scored between 75-100
- 50% concession: Given to those who scored between 100-125
- University faculty wards Scholarship: 50% fee concession in tuition fees throughout the course of the student till the employee continues to work in the University.
- Army Scholarship: 20% fee concession is provided to the son/ daughter/ grandson/ granddaughter of the ones who are serving or have served in the armed forces of the country.
- Betiyon ki Bari Scholarship: To promote professional education among girl students in Himachal Pradesh. It is provided to girl students who intend to excel in professional courses. It is offered on the basis of scholastic aptitude test designed to test the basic abilities of the students.
Read more Baddi University Scholarship
Baddi University Facilities
The university creates various facilities for the students, to help them feel safe in their schools and also provides a nurturing environment.
- No Ragging Zone: When taking admission to the University, one needs to sign the Anti-Ragging Undertaking mandatorily. Baddi University of Emerging Sciences and Technologies adopts zero tolerance towards ragging. Those involved in ragging are subject to removal from the university and its affiliated colleges. The student is also fined for an amount of INR 5,00,000 and imprisonment or removal for 3 years.
- Library: The University had established the library in 2002. Since then, it has numerous collections of books, periodicals, journals, and CDs/DVDs. The library has installed Open Source Software, KOHA library management solutions like software for automation and digitization of the services provided by it. Apart from books and the internet, the students over here have access to National & International journals, digital libraries, memberships with other libraries, CDs and DVDs, etc.
- Hostels: The college has constructed separate hostels for the girls as well as the boys. The hostels are well equipped with modern facilities and each hostel has a residential warden. The senior boys’ hostel has a shopping complex located to cater to their everyday requirements. There are 3 types of hostel charges based on single, double, or triple occupancy. For single occupancy, INR 33,000, for double occupancy INR 27,000 whereas for triple occupancy, INR 21,000 are charged.
- Transportation: Public transport plies to the University and beyond from nearby areas since the University is situated on the National highway. In addition, transport facilities are provided to the students and the staff within the radius of 90 kilometers covering Mohali, Chandigarh, Panchkula, etc. All the buses are of high capacity and are deluxe buses. Depending on the location, the transportation charges vary between INR 1,900 to 23,400.
Click here Baddi University Hostel
Baddi University Faculty
Baddi University of Emerging Sciences and Technologies has a number of known faculty members who have dedicated their time to the university to the well being of the students. Most of the faculty are qualified with Ph.D. while many others are qualified with Masters degrees. The university has more than 20 leading faculty to impart education in the various schools of technology. The University has many more efficient and talented faculty members whose names have been published in the respective prospectus of the University.
Check Baddi University Faculty
Baddi University Haryana FAQs
Ques. Why should one apply at Baddi University of Emerging Sciences and Technologies?
Ques. Which are the various courses offered by Baddi University?
Ques. Does BUEST have its own entrance test?
Ques. Does the University provide scholarships?
Ques. Is Baddi University approved by UGC?