Baddi University of Emerging Sciences and Technologies - [BUEST] Quick Updates
Baddi University of Emerging Sciences and Technologies (BUEST), formerly the Institute of Engineering and Emerging Technologies (IEET) was established in 2002. Baddi University added a new color in the technical education world in India. It is a private technical and professional higher education institution. The University ensures Quality education and a secured future are the main missions of Baddi University. It provides education in the areas of engineering, management, pharmacy, mass communication and other professional courses to make more job opportunity for students.
- Located at Baddi, Himachal Pradesh
- The University was established in the foothills of The Himalaya on 40 acres area.
- BUEST is UGC recognized and AICTC approved University.
- BUEST got PCI Approval
- Approval from Government of Himachal Pradesh (Department Of Higher Education)
- The Center for Advanced Studies in Engineering (CASE) was established on 2nd May, 2000. Its mission was promoting quality technical education. In the year 2002, School of Engineering & Emerging Technologies (SEET) at Baddi was established.
- The society named CASE started professional courses like B.Tech in Computer Science Engineering, Information Technology, Electronics & Communication Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering and management courses like M.B.A.
- In 2007 they started school of pharmacy and emerging sciences (SPES) and 4 year B.pharm course. M.CA degree and B.TECH in Civil engineering were added in the institution on 2008.
- In 2009, the institute is formed as a University, named Baddi University of Emerging Science And Technologies
- School Of Engineering And Emerging Technologies
- School Of Management Studies
- School Of Pharmacy And Emerging Sciences
- School Of Mass Communication Studies
Department of Training & Placement @ BUEST is designed for collaboration between the college and corporate community and is formed thereby promoting partnerships between Industry and Academia
Name of Company
No. of Placed Students
Tech-Tier IT Solutions
Johnson & Johnson
Pic n Frames
Cognizant Technology Services
Havells India Ltd
Hewlett-Packard India Sales Pvt. Ltd.
Royal Bank of Scotland
There are many societies and clubs which help students to recreate themselves.
- SSB Club
- National Service Scheme (NSS)
- National Cadet Corps (NCC)
- Art of Living
- ISTE Chapters
- Manthan Club
- Photomaniakz Club
- Corporate Social Responsibility Club
There is a library with separate reading room for arts, engineering, pharmacy and other course students.
- Total number of books-30944
- Bound back volume journals-568
- Two hostels for boys and a separate hostel for girls are is equipped with modern amenities
- Girls Hostel is located within the campus with facilities for indoor games. There are some Special arrangements to make safe, secured and maintained privacy of the girls.
- Boys’ hostels are located at a small distance from the campus and have facilities for outdoor games like badminton, volleyball, basketball and cricket.
Emanation: It is an annual two day function usually organized in the month of March/April. It consists of cultural nights, annual prize distribution, technical events and soft skill events along with fun events. It is a full two day entertainment and lot of learning for students and faculty
Master Mind: It is a mega competition among the young generation of Himachal Pradesh. The objective of the program is searching for a genius. Winner has to be top according to
- Communication Skill
- Technical Capability
- General Knowledge.
The University helps the students who are interested to earn higher degree and do research in any areas of study. The scholarships and awards are offered on the based on merit. Some of its reputed scholarships/fellowships are as follows:
- Betiyon Ki Bari: An Innovative scholarship program has been launched by Baddi University of Emerging Sciences & Technology to promote professional education among girl students of Himachal Pradesh
- Merit Scholarship: These scholarships are available for top three students in each branch from 2nd year onwards, subject to fulfilling other laid down criteria.
- Merit cum Means Scholarship: Merit-cum-means scholarships are also offered to deserving students from 2nd year onwards every year as per the policy of the University.