Birsa Agricultural University, Ranchi was formally inaugurated by Late Smt. Indira Gandhi (former Prime Minister of India) on June 26, 1981. It is a Public university recognized by University Grants Commission (UGC). Its jurisdiction covers entire 24 districts of Jharkhand. The University runs undergraduate, postgraduate and Ph.D. courses in Veterinary Science & Animal Husbandry, Agricultural and Forestry.
Check Birsa Agricultural University Result
Birsa Agricultural University Highlights
Type of University
University Grants Commission (UGC)
9 boy hostels and 5 girl hostels
Ranchi Patratu Ramgarh Rd, Gandhi Nagar Colony, Rock Garden, Gandhi Nagar, Kanke Ranchi - 834006 Jharkhand, India
How to reach?
13 km from Ranchi Railway Station
10 km from Ranchi city
Birsa Agricultural University Courses
Birsa Agricultural University offers B.Sc. (Hons) and B.V.Sc. at undergraduate level and MBA, M.Tech, M.V.Sc., M.Sc. at postgraduate level in multiple specializations. The university also provides Diploma, Certificate and Doctoral courses in various streams.
Birsa Agricultural University Faculties
Know more Birsa Agricultural University Courses and Fee Structure
Birsa Agricultural University Admission
Birsa Agricultural University (BAU) Ranchi, offers UG and PG level courses in Agriculture, Veterinary Sciences & Animal Husbandry and Forestry streams.
Eligibility Criteria: Candidates who wish to apply for undergraduate program should have passed class 12 with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology (PCB) with at least 50% marks from a reputed board. Students seeking admission to postgraduate courses must have a graduate degree in relevant discipline with not less than 50% marks from a recognized university or institute.
Admission Criteria: For UG courses, the selection is done on the basis of JCECE (Jharkhand Combined Entrance Competitive Exam) score or Combined Competitive Entrance Examination conducted by I.C.A.R. V.C.I. at all India level.
For PG courses, applicants need to appear for an entrance exam which is conducted by the university itself. For MBA program, selection is made on the basis of written test, group discussion and personal interview round. Ph.D. Admission is also done through entrance exam. Birsa Agricultural University conducts its own exam for Ph.D. admission.
For detailed information check Birsa Agricultural University Admission
Birsa Agricultural University Facilities
Institutional Area & Farmland
- The University has 4 colleges & 2 Farms spread over an area of 1250 hectare
- Krishi Vigyan Kendras (In16 districts) occupying 140 hectares of additional area
- 7 Green, 4 Glass, 8 Poly Houses & 2 Mist chambers for Research, Demonstration purposes
- It has 2 parts namely Agricultural Research Information System (ARIS) Cell & Computer Labs with Wi-Fi network
- 6 State of the Art Computer labs with 24x7 power backup
- A repository of 19,126 books including 84 donated books
- 17,519 Indian Journals, 1,451 Theses and 41 Periodicals/ Magazines
- Membership of consortiums like AGNIC, AGRICOLA etc
- Digital amenities involve 13 PCs with printer, 2 Xerox, 1 Duplicating machine and 1 T.V set
- There are total 14 hostels in the university in which 9 for boys and 5 for girls
- All the hostels are well-equipped with modern facilities like, computer, internet, telephone, common rooms with magazines, newspapers and XV
- Every hostel has indoor games facility
Birsa Agricultural University Collaborations
- National – ICAR, CIMAP, IARI, Ministry of Agriculture
- International – CIMMYT (Mexico), IRRI (Philippines), Rock Feller Foundation (USA), SAARC (Bangladesh)