Vinoba Bhave University (VBU) was established in the year 1992 and is located in Hazaribagh, India. The university started with a motive to increase educational-professional interface and provide better education access with inclusiveness. Being among one of the premier universities of Jharkhand, it offers high standards of teaching and research. It is imparting postgraduate teaching and research programs in many fields like MA, M.Sc., MCA and other programs. Admissions to the courses are based on several entrance exams. The University consists of 17 Departments:
- Political Science
- CND and more.
Check: VBU Admissions
Vinoba Bhave University Highlights
|Types of Programs||PG, PG Diploma & Ph.D.|
|Mode of Registration||Online|
Vinoba Bhave University Courses and Admissions
The university offers various postgraduate, and research courses such as MBA, M.Com, M.A., M.Sc., MCA, M.Ed., and many more. The brief courses with their eligibility and their selection procedure is given below:
MA, M.Com., and M.Ed
- The minimum eligibility for these courses is a Bachelor’s degree in Arts/ Commerce/ and Education respectively with at least 55% in total aggregate.
- The selection procedure of these programs is done on merit basis - candidates’ marks in past qualification.
- The minimum eligibility for the courses is a Bachelor’s degree in Science with at least 55% in total aggregate.
- The selection procedure of the programs is done on the entrance basis - candidates’ marks in the entrance exam conducted by the university.
MBA and MCA
- The minimum eligibility for MBA courses is a Bachelor’s degree in any discipline with at least 55% in total aggregate.
- MCA applicants must have BCA or B.Sc. in CS degree with at least 55
- The selection procedure of the programs is done on the entrance basis - marks in the following entrance exams conducted at the national level
- CAT/MAT/XAT/GMAT for MBA
- JCECE for MCA
M.Phil and Ph.D.
- The university provides research degrees in Computer Science, Travel & Tourism, and Rural Development & Marketing Management.
- The minimum eligibility for M.Phil and Ph.D. in above-mentioned specialization is a Masters degree in the relevant subject with at least 55%
- The selection procedure is based on the entrance exam - DEET (Doctoral Eligibility cum Entrance Test) conducted by the university.
PG Diploma in Rural Development and Marketing Management
- The minimum eligibility for the course is passed in a bachelors degree in the relevant subject with at least 55%
- The selection procedure is done on the basis of first come first serve
Note: The candidates are requested to check VBU Fee Structure as per the Course before applying for their desired courses.
Vinoba Bhave University Scholarships
At VBU, money is not the factor to stop the students from pursuing their academics. There are several scholarships offered to students on the basis of their category, merit, and good rank. The details of different welfare offering scholarships/ stipend to VBU students are given below:
- Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship for JRF and SRF
- Merit Scholarship for rank holders
- Maulana Azad Gandhi Fellowship for minorities
- Merit cum Means based scholarships given to M.A., M.Com, and M.Sc. students.
- UGC Scholarship for JRF and SRF holders.
Check: VBU Scholarships
Vinoba Bhave University Placement
The University has a placement cell which helps students to get placed in recognized and expertise companies with highest packages. Also, the placement cell helps students to indulge themselves in summer internships. The below table depicts the placement trend of the University for Master of Business Administration program offered.
|Students Admitted||Students Appeared for Placements||Recruited Students||Placement %|
Check: VBU Placements