Updated On - August 22nd 2018
Indian Institute of Science was founded by Jamshetji Nusserwanji Tata in 1909. The institute was established to promote scientific temper and research attitude in the nation. With 34 departments and centers organized into the 6 divisions, IISC offers the industry a large talent pool to choose from.
IISc Bangalore offers various level of programs such as Undergraduate, Postgraduate and Doctoral courses. Check Indian Institute of Science Admission
- IISc offers admission to its four-year Bachelor of Science (Research) program. Students who will appear for the 12th board exams and those who have passed in 12th boards are eligible for admission.
- Various postgraduate courses offered in IISc are Master of Technology (M.Tech), Master of Design (M.Des). Eligibility Criteria for admission is BE/ B Tech/ B Des/ B Arch degrees, with valid GATE or CEED scores. Selection of M.Tech and M.Des is based on valid GATE Scores.
- Master of Management (M.Mgt) is a postgraduate program with the student intake of 15. Candidates need to qualify BE/ B.Tech or equivalent degree (with a valid GATE or CAT or GMAT). Selection of candidates will be based on screening of GATE 2015/2016 /2017 / CAT 2017 /GMAT scores, group discussion and personal interview conducted at the Institute.
- The Institute offers various opportunities for pursuing advanced research in areas of science, engineering, and technology. Ph.D. is offered in 38 different fields of specialization.
IISc has an Office of Career Counselling and Placement (OCCaP) which takes care of students placement process. The placement process adopted by the IISC is as follows:
- Placement season begins in September and goes on till May. Invitations are sent to recruiters by OCCaP. New recruiters contact directly by sending a brief email and explaining their interest.
- Interested Recruiters are registered on the OCCaP website for Final Placements. Interested students appear for the recruitment process through an online portal. Details of interested students are made available to recruiters through OCCaP.
- The job description is made available to eligible students after they apply. The recruiters fill an online job description Form containing details of the job and the offer.
- Recruiters can shortlist students online. They also maintain a waitlist of students who can be interviewed in the event of non-availability of some of the shortlisted students. Recruiters visit the campus on the allotted date(s) and conduct tests and interviews according to their internal recruitment processes.
- The final list of selected students is shared with OCCaP.
Check IISC Placements
Percentage of students placed on basis of packages
Below 9 LPA
Above 25 LPA
The Institute has consistently topped National Rankings and has made the nation proud by scoring high on many reputed international rankings.
Times Higher Education University Ranking
1st in India
National Institutional Ranking Framework
1st in MHRD, Govt. of India
QS University Ranking
1st in India
Times Higher Education, UK 2017
Academic Ranking of World Universities
1st in India
Why Recruit from IISC
IISC offers industries a large pool of talent with technical expertise to choose from.
- Research Projects: These projects give students exposure to the highest standards of critical thinking as well as project management and completion skills.
- Inter-Disciplinary Training: Students are encouraged to take up the course in the 34 departments on campus. A large number of collaborative projects are ongoing to solve problems that require multi-disciplinary approaches.
- Impactful Research: While maintaining the highest levels of academic excellence, students are trained to align their research with national missions or to address problems that would improve the human condition, preparing them to be the leaders of tomorrow.
- Internationally Competitive Faculty: Faculty members are well networked and competitive internationally.
- Industry Interactions: IISC has strong tie-ups with the industry through joint research and teaching programs which provides students with prior exposure to cooperate environment.