International Institute of Information Technology, Bangalore (IIIT-B) is a deemed UGC approved NAAC Accreditation (Grade 'A') University. The institute is ranked at 62nd position by NIRF ranking 2020 under the Engineering category. The university offers various master’s programs, integrated programs, research programs, degree programs, certificate and diploma programs on the criteria of merit and entrance exam scores.
- IIIT Bangalore PhD and MS Admission 2021 registration to start from April 5. Eligible candidates can till May 5, 2021, for Term-1.
- IIIT Bangalore M.Tech Admission 2021: The application process has started on March 22, 2021. Eligible candidates can visit the official website to apply till May 17, 2021.
- IIIT Bangalore has completed its 2020 admissions for the MS (Research)/PhD, M.Tech, and Master of Science (Digital Society) program.
- This year the GATE cut off for admission to the IIITB M.tech CSE is 632, last year the cut off was 652.
- Also, the GATE cut off for the M.Tech ECE is 649, last year the cut off was 670.
IIIT Bangalore Admission 2020
|Announcement of JEE Main (Paper 1)||September 11, 2020|
|Online application opens||September 11, 2020|
|Last date of application||October 7, 2020|
|Notification of selected candidate on the candidate portal||October 9, 2020|
|Online Classes begin (Tentative)||November 4, 2020|
M.Tech CSE & ECE
|Online registration start date||March 20, 2020|
|Last date to apply||May 30, 2020|
|Notification of selection||June 5, 2020|
|Commencement of new session||July 16, 2020|
Master of Science (Digital Society)
|Application start date||March 16, 2020|
|Last date of submitting online application||July 13, 2020|
|Entrance test dates||July 18 and 19, 2020|
|First merit list||July 28, 2020|
|Commencement of new session||September 1, 2020|
MS (Research)/ Ph.D.
|Online application process start date||February 15, 2020|
|Last date for online application submission||April 15, 2020|
|Notification to candidates to be invited for interview and optionally, written test||June 10, 2020|
|Online written entrance examination||July 1, 18|
|Interview dates||July 6, to July 10, 2020, and July 20, to July 24, 2020|
|Final list of shortlisted candidates||July 30, 2020|
|Last date of fee payment||August 15, 2020|
|Commencement of new session||September 1, 2020|
IIIT Bangalore brings in a good number of internship and placement opportunities. The highest CTC stood at INR 43.31 LPA and the average CTC stood at INR 24.88 LPA for 2020. Graduates from the institute are placed in top-notch companies such as Flipkart, Wipro, HP, PayTM, LinkedIn, Microsoft, Samsung, etc.
Read More : IIITB Reviews
IIIT Bangalore Highlights
|Established | Type||1999 | Deemed to be University|
|Approved by||UGC & AICTE & NAAC ‘A’ grade accredited|
|Courses offered||7 courses across 3 streams PG, Integrated, Research|
|Admission criteria||Merit and Entrance based|
|Key Points||No. of Startups being Incubated: 20 1000+ Publications 6000+ Alumni 5,60,483 sq ft Total Built up Space|
|NIRF’2020||62nd Rank under the Engineering category|
|Highest salary package||INR 43.31 LPA|
|Average salary package||INR 24.88 LPA|
|M.Tech CSE Cut off 2020||632|
|Location||International Institute of Information Technology, 26/C, Electronics City, Hosur Road, Bangalore, Karnataka - 560100|
IIIT Bangalore Ranking
|62nd||NIRF’2020 under the engineering category|
|8th||Outlook:Top Private Colleges in India|
|28th||The Week: Best Technical Universities India|
|10th||India Today: Top 10 Technical Universities in India|
IIIT Bangalore Courses
|M.Tech.||Subjects:Computer Science and Technology, Electronics and Communication
Duration: 2 Years
Eligibility: B.Tech in the relevant stream with a valid GATE score
|M.Sc.||Subject: Digital Society
Duration: 2 Years
Eligibility: Bachelor’s degree of at least 3 years in any discipline with first class marks
|Integrated M.Tech||Subjects: Computer Science and Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering
Duration: 5 Years
Eligibility: 10+2 with 1st class and studied Mathematics as one of the subjects.
|Master of Science||Subject: Research
Duration: 2 Years
Eligibility: B.Tech/BE or equivalent
|Ph.D.||Subjects: Computer Science, Electronic Systems Design, Data Sciences, Networking Communication & Signal Processing, Software Engineering
Duration: 3 Years
Eligibility: M.Tech/ME or MS by research or equivalent
|PG Diploma||Subjects: Data Science, Software Development and Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence
Duration: 1 Year
Eligibility: Bachelor’s or Master’s degree (Science/ Mathematics/ Business/ Commerce Computer Applications)
Read more: IIIT Bangalore Fees
IIIT Bangalore Admission
The university offers Integrated MTech, Master of Technology (MTech), Master of Science by Research, Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) and MSc(Digital Society) degrees with several specializations. It also offers post-graduate diploma and certificate programs in various specializations.Students who want to take admission to any of these courses may fill the application form of the college available on its official website.
|Course||Mode of Selection|
|M.Tech||Admission will be based on the performance in GATE|
|M.Sc||Entrance exam and Interview|
|Integrated M.Tech||Score of Paper-I of JEE (Main)|
|Ph.D||Previous academic record, research statement, prior research experience, recommendation letters, written tests & interview|
|Master of Science||Previous academic record, research statement, prior research experience, recommendation letters, written tests & interview|
How to apply for IIIT Bangalore?
For IIIT Bangalore application process, aspirants need to fill the application form in the online mode only with an application fee of INR 1000.The application form for admission to the courses can be filled online through the official website of the institute.
- Visit the website http://iiitb.in/applynow.
- Click on “Apply Now”. Fill the application form and enter the required information such as contact details, program details and academic details(Some of the mandatory fields in the application form are Registration / Enrollment No, Entrance Exam scores).
- Pay the application fee through Net Banking/Debit/Credit Card.
- Submit the filled application form.
- After that, you will receive an email containing login credentials.
- Log in to the page and upload all the required documents(Class 12th Certificate/ Entrance Exam Scorecard).
Students who want to apply for admission in Master of Science by Research & Doctor of Philosophy courses need to submit two recommendation letters as well as a consolidated PDF file of the documents mentioned below:
- A cover letter summarising the application (talking about research interests, choice of the research domain and the topic of interest for thesis, if any).
- Most recent CV.
- Scanned self attested copies of all relevant academic documents.
- Scanned copies of signed recommendation letters from references.
- Scanned copy of photo ID (proof for the name given in CV).
- A statement of purpose (an essay of not more than 1500 words including research interests and relevant experience).
- A statement of research preparation (an essay of not more than 1500 words on how the applicant has objectively prepared him/herself to undertake the demanding research program at IIITB).
- If available, a list of relevant publications.
Read more: IIIT Bangalore Admission
IIIT Bangalore Placement
IIIT Bangalore had the opportunity to bring in the participation of 59 companies during its 2020 placement season with over 191 placement offers.There were different companies from different sectors like R&D, Product/Hardware, Services, Entrepreneurship and many more.The highest CTC stood at INR 43.31 LPA and the average CTC stood at INR 24.88 LPA.
With regards to the Summer Placements,over 230 students participated in the placement process.The institute managed to invite 55 companies for recruitment and bagged an average stipend of INR 56,220 including 3 international offers from the top MNCs of the world.
Some of the top notch companies which participate in the placement drive of IIIT Bangalore are:
- Morgan Sanity, etc.
Read more : IIIT Bangalore Placement
IIIT Bangalore Scholarships
IIIT Bangalore offers scholarships on the basis of two categories, namely Merit based and Need based along with a Utkarsha Scholarship for top rankers.As, their names say, the merit-based scholarships are awarded based on a student’s academic achievements while the need-based scholarships are awarded on the basis of financial requirements. The need-based scholarships cover the tuition entirely (full scholarship) or partially (half scholarship) along with a monthly stipend while the merit-based scholarships offer a monthly stipend.
The Utkarsha Scholarship is awarded to the top 5 students on merit basis provided they have a JEE Main CRL Rank below 999. The scholarship covers 100% tuition fee and continues for all 5 years provided the candidate maintains a CGPA of 3.6 or above.
The scholarships are awarded for one year and then can be renewed on the basis of the academic performance of the student.
IIIT Bangalore Facilities
The college provides various facilities:
- Library: The institute has a library with an excellent collection of over 12030 books and reference collection.The Library also provides e-subscriptions of various digital libraries and journals such as ACM Digital Library, IEEE Xplore Digital Library, Mathematics Association of America Journals and JSTOR journals. Amazon Kindle devices are also available with subscriptions to Kindle books.
- Hostel:The college provides hostels for boys and girls, named as Bhaskara and Lilavati respectively. Both the hostels are well equipped with drying rooms, water heaters, safe drinking water with RO system, washrooms, elevators, fire safety measures and recreational areas.
- Extracurricular: Alumni, branding, food, placement, sports, photography, theatre, art and cultural festivals are some of the areas handled by various students’ committees.The institute has various clubs like dance, photography, debate, literature, robotics, movie, music, etc.
- Medical:Various medical camps are organized from time to time for medical check ups of the students.The Institute also has counselling psychologists who visit the campus every week. The students are provided a “Your Dost” account to get an online counselling service. In case of some medical emergencies, students can call the security people who can arrange for an ambulance any time.
- Gym:One fully equipped gymnasium with a trainer has been provided for both boys and girls which has treadmills and bicycles for a cardiovascular workout. Equipment for strength gaining exercises and weight lifting are also available in the gym.
- Sports Complex: There are a number of sports facilities provided like Badminton Court, Basketball Court, Cricket Ground, Football Ground, Tennis Court, Volleyball Court, Carroms, Table Tennis.
- Cafeteria: The institute offers tasty and healthy food from North-Indian delights to South-Indian cuisines and provides a well-balanced diet for its students. The cafeteria is very hygienic and also has two beverage stalls for odd hours’ cravings.
- Labs: The college has various labs set up like Computer Lab, Electronics Lab, Physics Lab,Computing Systems Lab, SNIA - IIITB Laboratory, Document Engineering Lab, Graphics - Computing - Visualization Lab, Information Convergence Lab, Multimodal Signal Processing Lab, Networking and Communication Lab, Research Lab, Mobile Computing and IMS Innovation Lab, Open Systems Lab, Software Design Lab, Wireless Sensor Network Lab
Read More: IIIT Bangalore Hostel
IIIT Bangalore Faculty
IIIT Bangalore takes pride in setting the highest standards for the selection of its faculty. All full-time faculty have a PhD with considerable work/research and teaching experience in leading institutions around the world.The faculty members of the college have graduated from well-reputed institutes of the world such as Pennsylvania State University, University of California Berkeley, IISc, Georgia Institute of Technology and Cornell University. The college focuses on producing scholars who are deeply committed to research.The faculty has 54 members at the Institute and have published papers in over 60 journals, both national and international.The institute has the faculty of:
- Regular: 43
- Adjunct: 8
- Advisory: 1
- Visiting: 3
Read More: IIIT Bangalore Faculty
IIIT Bangalore FAQs
Ques. How is the campus of IIIT Bangalore?
Ans. The campus is spread across 3,92,452 sq. ft. area and features 5,000 plus sq. ft. of landscaping with well-maintained lush green lawns and musical fountains creating an ideal learning environment to stimulate intellectual and personal growth. The campus has four main buildings: Admin Block, Leelavati- Women’s hostel, Bhaskara- Men’s hostel and Innovation Centre.
Ques. Does the college also focus on recreation events apart from academics?
Ans. IIIT Bangalore hosts a range of events on the campus round the year. Want to listen to a lecture or music, prove yourself in debates, have a flair for writing, want to showcase your dancing grace, photography skills, master the art of stage performances, there is always something or the other going on.TEDx talks, hackathons, cultural events, sports events, research showcase events and art competitions are just a few to mention, shaping the social and intellectual fabric of the campus and helping students explore and excel in every field.
Ques. What is the location of IIIT Bangalore?
Ans. IIITB is situated in Bangalore. The Institute is easily reachable by air, railways & road transportation. It is 53 km away from Bangalore International Airport and connected via Bellary Road and Hosur Road, which takes about 1 hour and 30 minutes to reach. The closest railway station-Krantivira Sangolli Rayanna, is 22 km away from IIIT-B and connected via Hosur Road.
Ques. When does the admission for Integrated M.Tech begin?
Ans. The IIIT Bangalore begins its admission process for various postgraduate and Integrated M.Tech courses generally in the month of April.IIIT Bangalore does not conduct any separate entrance examinations for Integrated M.Tech and the selection is done on the basis of the score of Paper-I of JEE Main score.
Ques. How can international students apply for admission at IIIT Bangalore?
Ans. International candidates and NRIs applying for PG courses at IIIT Bangalore will have to have a 4-year undergraduate engineering degree in disciplines related to computing (CS, EE, EC). The applicant, except for those from Anglophone country (i.e. Australia, Canada, New Zealand, Singapore, UK, and the US), will also have to submit valid GRE and TOEFL scores.
Ques. Does the IIIT Bangalore provide scholarships?
Ques. Is the International Institute of Information Technology, Bangalore good?
Ques. How much percentage is required for IIIT Bangalore?
Ques. Does the IIIT Bangalore have any reservation for SC/ST?
Ques. What is the rank of IIIT Bangalore?
Ques. What is the total number of IIIT colleges in India?