Updated On - May 23rd 2018
Karnataka State Open University (KSOU) was established in the year 1996 by the KSOU Act 1992 of the Karnataka State Legislature. The Karnataka State Open University was also established with a purpose to reach to more and more people via open learning system.
KSOU Facts and Figures
- The University is also a recognized as Open University by the University of Distance Education, New Delhi and a regular AIU member as well
- The university is a permanent member of the Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU) and the Asian Association of Open Universities (AAOU)
- It also takes pride in having an association with the Commonwealth of Learning (COL).
- KSOU situates itself in the beautiful city of Mysore at the North-West side of the Manasagangotri campus.
- The location of KSOU boasts of a tranquil ambience ideal for the students to study and have a full concentration.
- Currently, the university has on its premises an administrative block, hostels, academic block, lecture halls and such other blocks and sections.
- The university has Prasaaraanga for productive academic work at the KSOU through its invaluable publications, extension activities and lectures.
- It came into existence to provide high-quality education to the students who could not access their chosen institutions.
- The university is open to all irrespective of caste religion or place or even age offering courses that are based on the needs of the present market.
KSOU Courses offers a wide range of programmes leading to degrees from the Undergraduate level to Doctorate Level. It also offers a variety of Diploma and Certificate Programmes. The University functions through various different Departments which are managed through well qualified KSOU Faculty members.
Also, Visit KSOU Fee Structure
Under Graduate Courses
Admission to the First Year B.Sc. (IT)/ B.B.M. / B.C.A/B. Tech. (IT). Degree Courses is open to candidates who have completed following requirements.
- For KSOU Admissions candidate must have passed in 10+ 2 (any stream) OR
- Candidate must have passed 10th standard plus the successful completion of any Govt. recognized 3year Diploma course.
Admission in Second Semester (Lateral Entry Admission)
- Candidate must have passed 10+ 2 (any stream) + 6 months IT-Course or 1-Year IT
- Candidate must have passed 10th + 3-year Polytechnic Diploma + 6-month IT-Course or 1-Year IT experience for KSOU Admissions
Admission in Third Semester (Lateral Entry Admission)
- Eligibility for 3rd-semester admission, the candidate must have 3-Year Polytechnic Diploma in IT/C.Sc./E & C or 2nd semester of GNIIT/ADCA from TCIL-IT/DIT/DCA from CAL-C after 10+2.
Karnataka State Open University (KSOU) provides admission to Bachelor, Masters and Diploma courses in various streams. KSOU Admission process includes the following steps-
- Log in to the official website of the University, go to Online Programmes and click on Apply now. Fill the admission form with all the required details and please note down the system generated Reference Number after submitting an application for all further references.
- Make Payment of fee either through Online Payment or with a DD as specified above, fill in the details and submit. Please do not forget to Save/Print Fee Receipt.
- Send the following documents in hard copy in 3 sets to Registrar (Evaluation), Karnataka State Open University, Manasagan-gotri, Mysore – 570006.
Karnataka State Open University (KSOU) conducts there University Examinations every year. All the exam appeared students eagerly wait for the KSOU Results. Students can follow the given steps to download their Results from KSOU website
Steps to Follow:
- Log in to the official website of the university and go to the result column.
- Students will have to log in using their Enrolment Number
- After logging in the results display candidate name with enrolment number, each subject wise and total obtained marks of the Karnataka State Open University exam.
Karnataka State Open University Affiliations
Academy of Animation and Gaming - AAG Bangalore
Adarsh Academy of Information Technology - AAIT
ANITECH College of Technology and Management
Imperial College of Business Studies (ICBS)
International Academy for Creative Teaching (IACT)
Noble School of Business (NSB)
Sanford College of Information Technology - SCIT
Sharada Vikas Institute of Technology and Management Studies
Toonskool Advanced Animation Academy
V.S.M. Institute of Aerospace Engineering and Technology
V.S.M. Institute of Aerospace Engineering and Technology - Jakkur Campus
The university has a well-equipped library with a collection of over 50000 books. It facilitates internet browsing, reference and referral, question bank, current awareness, bibliographical services.
KSOU facilitates hostel with a capacity of accommodating 56 students.
Cottage for Man
The university has 9 cottages with three rooms for boys. Nine students can stay in each cottage.