Manipal University, Karnataka was established in 1956, is formerly known as Manipal Academy of Higher Education (MAHE) is one of the leading educational institutions with its presence all over India. Some of the best medical colleges in Karnataka are also affiliated with Manipal University. The university offers various UG, PG and research courses like B.Tech, MCA, MD, B.Arch, and many more in the fields such as architecture, dentistry, engineering, hospitality, management, etc. Admission is based on MU OET entrance exam which is conducted by the university.
In addition to the main campus at Manipal, the university also has following branch campuses such as Manipal University, Jaipur, Manipal University, Antigua, Manipal University, Mangalore, Manipal University, Sikkim, and more. There are 31 colleges affiliated with the university, some of the well known are:
Manipal University Highlights
|Entrance Exam||University-level: MU OET|
National-level: NEET and NATA
|Types of Programs | No. of Programs||UG, PG, & Ph.D. | 300+|
|Mode of Registration||Online|
Manipal University Courses
Manipal University offers Undergraduate, Postgraduate and Research Programs in various disciplines. The brief of courses with eligibility and their duration is tabulated below:
|Undergraduate Courses||UG Eligibility||Postgraduate Course||PG Eligibility|
|B.ASLP - Bachelor in Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology||Intermediate(10+2) from a minimum 50 % marks individually in Physics, Chemistry and Biology / Biotechnology||M.Sc.||B.Sc.( Genera/ Hons in the relevant disciplines with at least 50%|
|BOT - Bachelor of Occupational Therapy||MOT - Master of Occupational Therapy||BOT graduates with 50% of total aggregate|
|BPT - Bachelor of Physiotherapy||MPT - Master of Physiotherapy||BPT graduates with 50% of total aggregate|
|B.Optom - Bachelor of Optometry||M.Optom - Master of Optometry||B.Optom graduates with 50% of total aggregate|
|B.Sc. (Hons)||MCA||BCA or B.Sc. in CS/IT graduates with a minimum of 50% in total aggregate|
|BDS||MA||BA (Hons/ General) Graduates in the relevant disciplines with at least 50%|
|Post-basic B.Sc. Nursing||B.Sc. Nursing graduates with at least 55% in total aggregate||MDS||BDS with 50% of total aggregate|
|B.Tech||Intermediate(10+2) from a minimum 50 % marks individually in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics||M.Tech/ M.E||B.E or B.Tech graduates with at least 50% of total aggregate or equivalent cgpa.|
|B.Tech (Lateral)||M.Arch||B.Arch graduates with a minimum required marks in total aggregate|
|B.Des.||Intermediate(10+2) from any stream with at least 50%||M.Lib.I.Sc||B.Lib.I.Sc graduates|
|B.A. (General/ Hons)||MS/ MD||Pass in MBBS degree recognized by Medical Council of India.|
|BBA||M.Ch., M.Phar, Pharm.D., MHA, and MPH||Graduate in the relevant subject with a minimum required marks in total aggregate|
|-||-||MBA||Graduate in any discipline|
Manipal University also provides the following courses:
PG Diploma and PG certificate courses through various departments and college in Culinary Arts, Fashion Design, Dental Materials, Aesthetic Dentistry, Laser Dentistry, Oral Implantology, Restorative Dentistry, Forensic Odontology, Indian Philosophy, Foreign Languages: German, French, Spanish, Italian, Polish and Japanese, Bhagavad Gita, C.L.I.Sc, Corporate Communication, and Sports Communication.
Post Basic Diploma in Cardio-Thoracic Nursing, Neonatal Nursing, and NeuroScience Nursing.
M.Phil and Ph.D. programs in Clinical Psychology, M.Phil. (Stem Cell Technology & Regenerative Biology), Fellowship in Paediatric Hematology and Oncology, M.Phil. Nursing, and more.
Note: The minimum for PG Diploma and Certificate courses - pass in graduate in the relevant discipline whereas, candidates having passed in the relevant master's degrees can only apply for M.Phil or Ph.D. courses.
Also, check:Manipal University Fee Structure
Manipal University Admissions
Manipal University invites applications for UG, PG and Research Programs in various disciplines. Aspirants must register themselves for their desired courses, follow the subsequent steps in order to register:
Step 1: Visit the official page of the university and navigate yourself to ‘Admission’ page (https://manipal.edu/mu/admission/streams-programs.html)
Step 2: Select ‘Programs’ and go through the courses offered by the university and navigate yourself to the end of the page click on ‘Apply Now’
Step 3: Register yourself with a valid contact number and email id, Enter Manipal University Login details, to begin with, the application procedure
Step 4: Fill in the form with the correct information and upload the required documents within the asked dimensions
Step 5: Duly filled form must be submitted along with the payment of application fee. Candidate can pay the fee through online mode itself.
Admission to all the programs is based on marks scored in the entrance test, MUOET - Manipal University Online Entrance Test or on merit system (marks obtained in past qualification).
The university also accepts marks of various national-level entrance exas for admitting students from different courses.
- MBBS and BDS candidates can get admission either through MUOET or NEET - National Eligibility cum Entrance Test.
- Admissions to B.Tech program (Regular/ Lateral Entry) in 16 specializations are done the basis of MUOET
- The selection of BA, B.Sc, MA, MPT, and MSW aspirants, is done on the basis of the qualifying examination
- Admission to B.Pharm and B.Des program is based on the candidate’s performance in MUOET and MDAT respectively.
- BBA and MBA Admission is done on the basis of marks secured by the candidates in the qualifying degree examination as well as their performance in the University Entrance examination.
- Admission to B.Arch programs is done on the basis of marks obtained in NATA (National Aptitude Test in Architecture)
- M.Tech and MCA selection of students will be done on the basis of their performance in the Manipal University Online Entrance Test (MU-OET), conducted on the All India level.
- Admission to MD, MS, M.Ch and M.Pharm courses in different specializations on the basis of candidate’s eligibility and marks scored in the university entrance test followed by an interview.
- The selection of candidates seeking admission to M.Phil, Ph.D., and D.Pharm will be done through merit obtained in MU-OET and performance in group discussion as well as an interview.
Click here:Manipal University Admissions
Manipal University Online Entrance Test (MUOET)
MUOET is an online entrance exam conducted by Manipal University for admission to UG courses in various disciplines and specializations. As the name suggests, it an online exam which is held tentatively from the second week of April until the third week of May. Students who have passed 10+2 from a recognized board of education are eligible to apply for MUOET.
MUOET Exam pattern
MUOET Exam Pattern for Science stream (Medical/Non-Medical Courses) is as follows:
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|Duration of Exam||150 Minutes|
|No. of questions||200|
|Distribution of the marks||Physics-50
English and General Aptitude-30
+1 for each answer, no negative marking
In order to get admission, students need to score a minimum of 50% marks in MUOET. The results are declared every year in the first week of May and the first round of counseling is carried out in the first week of June.
The MUOET syllabus set by Manipal University, for admission to UG courses, includes topics Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Calculus, Motion, Periodic Table, Geometry, Current Electricity & Magnetism, Atoms & its particles, and more.
MUOET Application Processis available online where the candidates need to fill up the details their photograph and copy of the signature. The application fee of INR 2000 has to be paid through Credit Card/ Debit Card. Students can also pay the fees through a Demand Draft in favor of Manipal University, payable at Manipal Udupi. DD must reach the following address within the stipulated time:
(Director, Indian Admissions, Room No. 102,
Manipal University, Manipal - 576 104
UG Programmes Counseling
Students who qualify MUOET are intimated for UG programs counseling process which is usually held at the following venues:
- Manipal Institute of Technology, Manipal
- Manipal University, Jaipur
- Sikkim Manipal University, Sikkim
At the time of counseling, the candidates must possess the following documents (original & photocopy):
- e-Hall Ticket
- 10th standard marks card for proof of date of birth
- Marks card of class 10+2
- Conduct and Character certificate obtained on the School/College letter head/pad
- Transfer certificate or School/College Leaving Certificate issued by the School/College
- Four recent and identical passport size photographs and one stamp size photograph
- Fees: As applicable for the program
- Copy of PAN card of the parent
- Authorization letter if the representative is attending on behalf of a candidate
Note: Candidates satisfying the eligibility with Manipal University Cutoff will be considered for MUOET Counselling. One’s admission will be confirmed after the completion of the counseling process.
Manipal University Scholarships
To encourage meritorious students, financially weak students, and academic excellence, the university provides an ample number of scholarships listed below:
- Merit-cum-means scholarship to MBBS, BDS, B.Tech, Nursing, and B.Pharm
- Scholarships for SAGES - Academy of General Education Students
- AICTE Tuition Fee Waiver Scheme
- Manipal group Polytechnic Institutions provides merit-cum-means scholarship for B.Tech lateral entry
- Scholarships for School of Information Science students
- Scholarship for Konkani speaking students
- Subsidy on education loan for MAHE students
Manipal University Placements
Manipal University is well known for its placement cell, provides the best career opportunities to its students through Manipal Institute of Technology, School of Management (SOM), Manipal College of Pharmaceutical Science (MCOPS), and School of Information Sciences (SOIS). Biomedical, pharmaceutical, engineering, and management are some of the major courses that get provided with the best placement offers.
Some of the top recruiters are: