Calicut University or the University of Calicut is a Public University located in Calicut city of Kerala. The University was established in the year 1968 and is accredited ‘Grade A’ by National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC). Calicut University offers various Undergraduate, Postgraduate and Doctoral programs through its affiliating colleges. It also offers various courses through University of Calicut Distance Education Admissions to most of the courses are done through Entrance Exams conducted by the University, while for few of them scores obtained in National/ State Level Entrance Exams are considered.
University of Calicut Undergraduate Courses and Eligibility
Calicut University offers undergraduate courses in various departments such as Commerce & Management Studies, Computer Science & Information Technology, Library & Information Science, Science & Technology, Life Sciences, Social Sciences and Health Sciences etc.
Calicut Univesity UG Admissions are offered to the candidates having passed 10+2 from a recognized board in relevant stream.
- Admission to UG courses such as BHM, B.Com (Hons.), B.P.Ed and B.P.Ed (Integrated) courses on the basis of an entrance test conducted at the university level.
- For B.Tech, KEAM scores are required.
- For UG Medical Courses, namely, MBBS, BDS, BHMS, BAMS, candidates are selected on the basis of their marks in NEET UG followed by counseling.
- For admission to rest of the UG courses, candidates need to appear in UG CAP round, a centralized counseling process as per their marks in 10+2.
University of Calicut Postgraduate Courses and Eligibility
Calicut University offers postgraduate courses in various departments such as Humanities, Commerce & Management Studies, Communication & Journalism, Education, Computer Application, Theater Arts, Tourism Administration, Social Work, Physical Education, Science & Information Technology, Library & Information Science, Science & Technology, Life Sciences, Social Sciences and Health Sciences etc.
- Admission to certain specializations of MA and M.Sc along with MSW, M.Li.Sc, MCA, M.Com, M.P.Ed MTA is offered on the basis of an entrance test conducted by the university.
- For admission to rest of the PG courses, candidates need to appear in PG CAP round, a centralized counseling process as per their marks in Graduation.
- Calicut University conducts the Calicut University Management Aptitude Test (CU MAT) to offer admission to MBA in both full-time and part-time modes.
- GPAT and GATE score is mandatory for M.Pharm and M.Tech courses respectively.
- NEET PG qualified candidates are eligible to apply for MD and MS courses while MDS and M.Ch/ DM courses require a valid score in NEET MDS and NEET SS respectively.
- The university conducts its own entrance test for Ph.D., but GATE/ SLET/ CSIR-NET/ UGC-NET/ JRF passed candidates are also eligible to apply.
University of Calicut Placement
Calicut University Placement cell supports the affiliated colleges in conducting the recruitment drive. The on-campus and off-campus interviews are organized by the affiliated colleges from time to time in order to generate maximum placement opportunities for the students.
University of Calicut Ranking
NIRF (India Rankings of 2017)
57th with a score of 38.45
BRICS University Rankings
6th among Indian Universities
18th position among the country’s Higher Education Institutions
114th position among BRICS Nations
University of Calicut Scholarships
National and State Govt. have various scholarship schemes for the deserving and economically weak candidates. Calicut University helps the candidates to apply for such schemes and also offers reasonable support by organizing different competitions where the candidates can take part and win the monetary awards.
Things to Know about Calicut University
- Calicut University Pareeksha Bhavan is the largest wing of the University. It conducts and oversees the examinations of 250 affiliated colleges.
- Calicut University Exam Results are declared on semester basis and are made available at their official website from time to time.
- The Central Library of Calicut University has more than 95,000 books and subscribes to 218 journals and 10 newspapers.
- Calicut University is the Largest University in Kerala. It has more than 480 colleges with annual Intake of over 1 Lakh students.
- According to a survey conducted by the Google, University of Calicut is the 4th most searched university across the globe and 1st among the most searched universities in India.