Solapur University, also known as SU, was established on 1st August 2004 and was inaugurated by the Governor of Maharashtra on 3rd August 2004. Solapur University has been established by the Act No. XXXV, Sub Section 3 of the Maharashtra Universities Act, 1994. The university is known for offering a wide array of UG and PG Programs along with M.Phil and Doctorate Degrees.
These colleges offer undergraduate and postgraduate teaching in Arts, Science, Social Science, Commerce, Law, Management, Engineering, and Technology. Solapur University has five schools, 19 postgraduate courses and an equal number of research programs. Solapur University is digital University with transparent and seamless e-Governance in academic, administration and accounts. There are 75 colleges with more than 65,000 enrolled students.
Solapur University Highlights
UGC (University Grants Commission)
Online and Offline
Pune National Highway and Kegaon. It is located 250 KM away from Solapur.
Solapur University Courses
The university is known for offering a wide array of UG and PG programs along with M.Phil and Doctorate Degrees. The UG programs comprise of BBA, BCA and B.Sc. while the PG programs include M.Sc. in multiple specializations. Additionally, the university also offers M.Phil and Doctorate degrees in different subjects as well.
Solapur University School
Solapur University has now implemented the concept of the school system and has decided to unite its various departments under various schools, namely:
- School of Chemical Sciences.
- School of Computational Sciences.
- School of Earth Sciences.
- School of Physical Sciences.
- School of Social Sciences.
- School of Education.
- School of Commerce and Management.
Check Solapur University Fee Structure
Solapur University Admission
The University conducts an online as well as an offline mode of application processing. Candidates wishing to apply in any of the programs can submit the application form on the official website of university as well as they can also download the same from official portal.
For admission in the UG programs, applicants should have passed class 12 in relevant subjects from any recognized board. The selection is based on the performance in SU-CET 2017, an entrance exam which is conducted by the university.
Those who wish to apply for PG courses should have Bachelor’s degree in the relevant stream from a well-recognized university or institute. The final selection is based on entrance score namely- SU-CET. The university will conduct its own exam for admission to PG courses.
Candidates having Master’s degree in the relevant subjects from Solapur University or any other university are eligible to apply for M.Phil and Ph.D. programs. Click here to know more about Solapur University Admission.
Solapur University Scholarships
- Scholarship for SC students
- Rajashri Shahu Maharaj Gunvatta scholarship
- Central Sector Scholarship Scheme
- Merit cum Means based scholarship
- Scheme from Tribal Welfare Department
Solapur University Facilities
- There are more than 27,038 volumes of books, theses, dissertations, journals, special publications in the University Library.
- The University Library subscribes to 114 national and 32 international journals. It also has a subscription to an e-source named Business Source Elite+.
- The Library also uses the Earn and Learn Scheme, which helps poor and needy students to work in the library on hourly payment basis.
- The University has Boys’ and Girls’ Hostels in the campus.
- The Girl’s Hostel can accommodate 80 girls and the Boys’ Hostel can accommodate a total of 200 boys.
- The admission to the Hostel is strictly on the basis of one’s merit, as well as other reservation rules. It is compulsory to pay for the Hostel mess.