B.S. Abdur Rahman Crescent Institute of Science & Technology, Chennai, formerly known as B.S. Abdur Rahman Crescent Engineering College is a Deemed to be University u/s 3 of the UGC Act, 1956. It is ranked on 3rd position among the Engineering Institutions in Tamil Nadu and ranked 15 among Private Engineering Institutions in India. It is one of the best institutes known for its quality education. The institute has the approval of University Grants Commission (UGC) and accredited by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) with ‘A’ grade. BS Abdur Rahman University (Deemed to be University) offers the variety of undergraduate, postgraduate and research courses in various specializations.
Check Crescent College Admission 2019
BS Abdur Rahman University Highlights:
Type of Institute
Deemed to be University
University Grants Commission (UGC)
NAAC ‘A’ grade accreditation
Association of Indian Universities (AIU)
Seethakathi Estate, GST Road, Vandalur Chennai - 600048 Tamil Nadu, India
How to reach?
7 km from Tambaram and 2 km from Vandalur Railway Station
17 km from International Airport
BS Abdur Rahman University Courses offered
Under BS Abdur Rahman University Admission 2019, the university provides 48 programs at the undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral level in multiple streams. It offers B.Tech, B.Com, BA, BBA, B.Sc., BCA, B.Arch, B.Des, B.Pharm, BBA LLB and B.Com LLB at the undergraduate level and MBA, MCA, M.Tech, MA, and M.Sc. at postgraduate level. The university also invites applications for the interested eligible candidates in the Ph.D. courses admissions with the Postgraduate study in the relevant discipline.
Also, check BS Abdur Rahman University Courses and Fee Structure
BS Abdur Rahman University Departments:
The university offers its all UG, PG, and Ph.D. quality centralized educational programs via its constituent departments and schools which are listed in the following:
- Department of Mechanical Engineering
- Department of Polymer Engineering
- Department of Aerospace Engineering
- Department of Automobile Engineering
- Department of Civil Engineering
- Department of Electrical & Electronics Engineering
- Department of Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Department of Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering
- Department of Computer Science & Engineering
- Department of Information Technology
- Department of Computer Applications
- Department of Mathematics & Actuarial Sciences
- Department of Management Studies
- Department of Commerce
- Department of English
- Department of Physics
- Department of Chemistry
- School of Life Sciences
- School of Pharmacy
- School of Law
- School of Arabic & Islamic Studies
- Crescent School of Business
- Crescent School of Architecture
BS Abdur Rahman University Admission
Admission to all courses offered by BS Abdur Rahman University (Deemed to be University) is done on the basis of entrance exam which is conducted by the university or national level entrance exams.
- Admission to MBA program is done on the basis of any of the entrance score CAT/ MAT/ XAT/ TANCET followed by group discussion and personal interview.
- Students seeking admission to B.Tech program need to appear for JEE(Main) exam.
- For B.Arch, applicants have to appear for NATA Exam.
- MCA admission is done on the basis of entrance exam which is conducted by the university and personal interview.
BS Abdur Rahman University Placements
The Institute has a great placement record, it has separate Placement Cell which coordinates with reputed companies and provides the best placement opportunities to its students. The below graph represents the placement record of BS Abdur Rahman Deemed to be University. Top recruiters of the university’s students via its placement cell are like Cognizant, Infosys, Tata Consultancy Services, IBM, Accenture, Wipro, HP, L&T Infotech, Tech Mahindra, iGATE, Verizon, Microsoft, HCL, Polaris, Kotak Life Insurance, HDFC Bank, Indiamart, and many more. Some of the placement stats related to the past recruiting sessions are given below:
Name of Company
Annual Pay (In Lakhs)
No. of students placed
Godrej & Boyce
National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI)
4.00 to 5.14
Cognizant Technology Solutions
Alcatel (NOKIA) Web camera Interview
Volante Tech (thro'Mean Median.com)
Also, check BS Abdur Rahman University Placement
Why B.S. Abdur Rahman Crescent Institute of Science & Technology, Chennai?
- The university boasts of fantastic infrastructure facilities to fruitfully carry out the programs offered. The university spans over 50 acres of serene and quiet campus as the vast campus has a well-planned system consisting blocks of numerous departments, reading halls, classrooms, laboratories, state of the art convention center, computerized library and several playgrounds.
- Equipment worth more than INR 439.7 million is available in various laboratories to cater to the scholarly needs of the students. Efficiently qualified and well-versed faculty along with modern teaching skills make the teaching-learning process much worthy for the students. Also, the campus accommodates residential buildings for faculty members and other staff, apart from distinguished hostels for male and female students.
- More than 70 classrooms, 80 laboratories, 14 department seminar halls, 14 department libraries are available for the efficient teaching-learning process.