Karunya Institute of Technology and Sciences, a Deemed University and a Christian Minority Residential Institution is ranked among the Top 100 Institutions in NIRF Ranking in the last 3 years. The institute is located in a sprawling 720-acre campus, amidst the green vegetation and misty mountains accommodating over 7500 students for learning and Research. The origin of Karunya Institute of Technology and Sciences dates back to the year 1986 when it began as an Engineering College affiliated to Bharathiar University.
Karunya Deemed University Quick Update: March 24
: B.Tech Admission has started. Last Date to Apply: April 15. Click Here
All Engineering and Management Programs are approved by AICTE & UGC. While most of the Engineering Programs are accredited by NBA, the institution is NAAC Accredited. The M.B.A and B.Com, Programs are accredited by the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (UK). The Institution offers a wide array of Bachelors, Masters and Doctoral level programs in Engineering, Agriculture, Management, Arts, Sciences, Commerce, Digital Forensics, Cyber Security and Media.
Karuna University Highlights
|University Type||Deemed University|
National: CAT/ MAT
Institute: KEE, KMAT
|Courses Offered||UG, PG & Ph.D|
|Popular Courses||B.Tech, M.Tech, MBA|
|Admission Criteria||Merit-based + Entrance Test|
|Top Recruiters||IBM, Microsoft, TCS, Infosys, WIPRO, Cognizant Technology Solutions, Accenture, Capgemini, Tata Elxsi, TCS, Tech Mahindra|
|Facilities Available||Library, Hostel, Scholarship, Sports|
|Admission Helpdesk||+91 422 2363636|
- Situated in a serene environment at the foot-hill of Western Ghats
- 7,500 Students & over 30,000 Alumni
- Industry Oriented Curriculum
- International collaborations
- Wi-Fi enabled Green Campus
- Digital Library Resources
- Foreign Internship with Stipend
- Industry Certification
- Pre Placement Training Programs
- Industry tie-up with Siemens, IBM, Novel, CISCO, Salzer, Jasmine InfoTech, Trident and Pneumatics, AMZ Automotive and Boeing
- Centre for Student Innovations, Incubation and Business start-up
Karunya University Rankings and Awards
- The institute has been ranked 66th in the Management category by Outlook Ranking 2020
- Karunya Institute of Technology & Sciences has been ranked 20th as ‘Best Institute’ by Knowledge Review Magazine
- It has also received Educational National Excellence Award 2016 -Best University Serving Social Cause – CSR by ASSOCHAM India
- The institute is awarded ad Asia Education Summit & Awards 2016- Best Deemed University in Tamil Nadu by Worldwide Achievers Pvt. Ltd.
- Karunya University has received Education Excellence Award 2016- Best University in South for Research and Consultancy Initiatives by Education Post.
- QS Intelligence Unit has rated Karunya as a Three Star Institution, awarding Four Star for Teaching and Five Star for Facilities and Inclusiveness.
- QS I·GAUGE has awarded Diamond rating for Teaching and Learning, Employability, Facility, Social responsibility, and Research; Gold rating for Faculty Quality and Overall contribution towards Higher Education.
Karunya University Courses
Karunya University offers undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral courses in multiple specializations. The below-mentioned table represents the details for the same:
|B.Tech||10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as compulsory subjects from any recognized board with minimum 60% marks in aggregate OR 10+2 in the vocational stream with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics and 60% marks|
|B.Sc||10+2 with Physics, Chemistry and/or Maths as main subjects and a minimum aggregate score of 50%. |
|B.Com||10+2 in any stream with Mathematics & English as compulsory subjects with 60% marks|
|B.A||10+2 in any stream with 50% and 60% marks respectively|
|M.B.A||Bachelor’s or Masters’ degree in any field from a recognized University with a minimum aggregate of 50% marks|
|M.Tech||B.E. / B.Tech. in Electronics and Communication Engineering / Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering / Electrical and Electronics Engineering / Computer Science and Engineering / Instrumentation and Control Engineering / Information Technology / MCA with a minimum aggregate of 60% marks|
|M.Sc||B.Sc. Degree in Chemistry/ Applied Sciences / Applied Chemistry / Biochemistry /Textile Chemistry with 50% marks and Physics as the main subject|
Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline with 50% marks
|Ph.D||Aspirants seeking admission to 3 years Full-time Program must possess a recognized regular Post Graduate degree with a minimum of 55% of marks or equivalent CGPA.|
Also Check: Karunya University Courses
Karunya University Admission
Mentioned below is a list of courses and respective qualifying exams for admission at Karunya University:
|MBA||CAT/ MAT/ KMAT|
Also Check: Karunya Deemed University Admission
Karunya University Cutoff
Tabulated below is the CAT cutoff for admission to the MBA course at Karunya University:
|MBA Human Resource Management||50|
|MBA International Business||50|
Check: Karunya Deemed University Cutoff
Karunya University Placements
Karunya University has a team of dedicated, committed and competent placement cell that is dedicated to providing students with proper professional training and placement opportunities among some of the most reputed companies and prestigious organizations. The placements for the academic year 2020 are currently being conducted with over 707 students already placed at 143 companies. 184 students among these have also received multiple job offers from recruiting companies.
Mentioned below is a chart depicting the final statistics of placements conducted during 2019 and 2020:
The highest CTC package offered during 2019 placements was worth INR 19.55 LPA and the average CTC package offered was INR 5.5 LPA.
The previous recruiters at Karunya University include IBM, Microsoft, TCS, Infosys, WIPRO, Cognizant Technology Solutions, Accenture, Capgemini, Tata Elxsi, TCS, Tech Mahindra, Oracle Financial Services, Oracle PGBU, HP Engg, iGATE Patni, HP Ltd., Honeywell Technologies, Standard Chartered, L&T, Robert Bosch, Quest Global, Everest Industries, Subex Systems, Nokia Siemens, Jasmin Infotech, KPIT Technologies, KEF Infrastructure, Zoho Corp, Amazon, IBS Software Services, Dell International, Mphasis, Future Generali, Tara International, Odessa Technologies, Silicon House, Teknoturf, Deloitte, Galfar Engg., Oman, Magna Infotech, GETIT Infoservices, RDC Concrete, Ford Technology Services, AKS Software, Autoprint, Career Net Consulting and many more.
Read More: Karunya Deemed University Placement
Karunya University Faculty
Karunya University has a large and diverse faculty with 428 members in total, as of 2020. The faculty members include a considerable number of Ph.D holders from reputed national and international universities. The faculty members are highly qualified and accomplished, and hold great experience in their respective disciplines. The faculty at Karunya University consists of professors, assistant professors, associate professors, and others. All members are cooperative towards students and encourage interactive learning where they use innovative methods of teaching so that students can grasp concepts more effectively.
Check: Karunya Deemed University Faculty
Karunya University Facilities
Being one of the leading technical and management institutes in the country, Karunya University offers its students several provisions and facilities on campus. Some of these are as follows:
- Hostel: Karunya University provides accommodation to male and female students in hostels separately. All necessary provisions are provided including mess facility, common room, recreational activities etc.
- Central Library: The central library at Karunya University is an entire building dedicated to providing research assistance and reading material to students. The library has digital as well as printed reading material that can be referred to by students and faculty members.
- Infrastructure: The university features Nationally Acclaimed Research Laboratories and Well-equipped Computer Laboratories with 24x7 WiFi connectivity.
- Sports: The university provides students with sports facilities for both indoor and outdoor sports such as Football Ground, Hockey field, Basketball concrete courts, Volleyball courts, Ball Badminton courts, Kabaddi courts, Badminton courts, Badminton, Table Tennis, Carom and an Archery Arena
- Scholarship: The university provides scholarships on the basis of merit and courses. To know more, click here
Check: Karunya Deemed University Hostel
Karunya University FAQs
Ques. How is Karunya Deemed University?
Ans. Karunya Deemed University is ranked 72nd in the Engineering category by NIRF Ranking 2019, making it one of the leading engineering institutes in the country. The university houses a huge faculty of qualified members as well as an effective curriculum. The university has engineering and management departments offering undergraduate and postgraduate level programs. The university also has state of the art infrastructure and several facilities spread across its 700-acre campus. Karunya University has a dedicated placement cell that is determined to provide placement opportunities as well as proper training to students.
Ques. How are placements at Karunya Deemed University?
Ans. Karunya Deemed University has an efficient and dedicated team of placement cell members, who assist students in professional training as well as placement opportunities at reputed and well-known companies. So far, the 2020 placements have observed a successful placement drive. The placement season in 2019 saw 807 total placements including 110 multiple offers, bringing a maximum CTC of INR 19.5 LPA. Recruiters at Karunya University include some of the biggest companies like Microsoft, TCS, Infosys, WIPRO, Cognizant Technology Solutions, Accenture, Capgemini, Tata Elxsi, TCS, Tech Mahindra, Oracle Financial Services, Oracle PGBU, HP Engg, iGATE Patni, HP Ltd., Honeywell Technologies, Standard Chartered, L&T, Robert Bosch, Amazon etc.
Ques. How to apply for admission at Karunya Deemed University?
Ans. The candidates seeking admission to Karunya Deemed University can follow a few simple steps to apply. Visit the official website for filling the application form. Log in to the course site and submit the expression of interest online. Once the EOI is accepted, an acknowledgment SMS and Email will be sent to candidates’ Mobile number indicating the Application No. and passcode. Now candidates can submit the online application by filling the details and uploading the necessary documents. Pay the application fee online of INR 1000 / USD 250 (for foreign nationals and PIO candidates) Download the receipt of payment of application fee and submitted application form for future reference. Make the initial payment as per the approved fee structure of the university through online mode/DD/electronic payment or cash payment mode. Once the application is submitted successfully, the candidates will get a confirmation SMS and Email to download the provisional admission letter. Final admission will be confirmed to the candidates after verification of their original certificates.