Karunya University is a private university located in Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu and was established in the year 1986. Karunya University is a Deemed University under section 3 of UGC act 1956. The institute is approved by All India Council of Technical Education (AICTE) and accredited by The National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC). Karunya University offers various UG, PG, PG Diploma, M.Phil. and Ph.D. courses. Admissions to all the courses will be done on basis of Entrance Exams conducted by the University.
Find Karunya University Courses & Fees details.
Get information on Karunya University Admissions.
Karunya University, Coimbatore Highlights
Deemed to be University
136 Subscriptions to Journals.
456 Teaching Staff
226 Supporting Faculties.
Number of Hostels
How to Reach
29 km (from Coimbatore Bus Stand)
27.8 km (from Coimbatore Railway Station)
39.6 km (from Coimbatore International Airport).
Karunya University, Coimbatore Courses, and Admission
Karunya University UG and Integrated courses Admission
Admission to UG and Integrated programs are done on the basis of marks acquired by a candidate in 10+2 (relevant stream) or equivalent. Whereas for admission to LLB course, the candidate must hold Bachelor’s Degree with minimum 40% marks in aggregate. Lateral Entry to B.Tech. is allowed to a candidate having Diploma in Engineering/ B.Sc. degree.
- CBSE or equivalent – Minimum 50% marks (for B.Tech, B.Sc. (in IT and Visual Communication), B.Com., B.A. and BCA).
- CBSE or equivalent – Minimum 40% marks (for B.Sc. (in Tourism & Hospitality Management), B.Com. LLB, BBA LLB, and BA).
- Graduation – Minimum 40% marks (for LLB).
- Diploma in Engineering/ B.Sc. (relevant stream) – Minimum 60% marks (for B.Tech. Lateral).
- KEE Entrance Exam – Valid Score.
Final Selections to UG and Integrated programs are done on basis of scores obtained in KEE Entrance Exam followed by counseling conducted by the University.
Karunya University PG and PG Diploma courses Admission
Admission to PG courses and PG Diploma programs are done on the basis of marks acquired by a candidate in their Bachelor’s Degree Examination (relevant stream) or equivalent. Whereas for admission to M.Tech. Lateral, candidate must hold PG Diploma/ B.Tech. Degree (relevant stream).
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent – Minimum 50% marks (for M.Tech., MBA, M.Sc., PG Diploma and MA (in English)).
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent – Minimum 40% marks (for MA Christian Studies) and MTM.
- PG Diploma/ B.Tech. (relevant stream) – Minimum 60% marks (for M.Tech. Lateral).
- CAT/ MAT/ XAT/ KMAT – Valid Score (for MBA).
- KEE Entrance Exam – Valid Score.
Final Selections to PG programs are done on basis of scores obtained in KEE Entrance Exam followed by counseling conducted by the University. Whereas, selection for MBA program is done on basis of scores obtained in CAT/ MAT/ XAT/ KMAT Entrance Exam, Group Discussion and Personal Interview conducted by the University.
Karunya University M.Phil. and Ph.D. Admission
Karunya University offers M.Phil. and Ph.D. research programs to candidates who hold Master’s degree (relevant field) from a recognized Institute/University.
- Master’s Degree – Minimum 55% marks.
- Written Test – Valid Score.
Find detailed information about Courses & Fees.
Karunya University, Coimbatore Placement
Karunya University offers Placements opportunities to candidates through their Placement Cell, a working body which counsels and provides training to the job aspirants before appearing for an interview. Following is the placement record of Karunya University for the past few years:
More information on Karunya University Placements.
Karunya University, Coimbatore Scholarships
Scholarships are offered to deserving candidates on basis of Merit and for the Sports person, Economically Poor Candidates and Candidates belonging to reserved categories.
- Jesus Calls Scholarship – 50% of Admission Fees as a loan Scholarship.
- Karunya Scholarship.
Karunya University, Coimbatore Facilities
- 4 Auditoriums with intake capacity of 14,800 students.
- Bank and Post Office.
- BSNL Telephone Exchange.
- Guest House.
- Music Club.
- Indoor Sports Hall.
- Extensive Playground and Extracurricular clubs.
- Transport services.
- Police Station.
- Book Shop.