Ques. Does Madurai Kamaraj University offer scholarships?
Ans. Madurai Kamaraj University offers various scholarships or fellowships to students, names of which are given below:
- Post-Matric National Scholarship for Disabilities
- Post-Matric National Scholarships for Minorities
- Non-NET Fellowship
- University Grants Commission Junior Research Fellowship/ Senior Research Fellowship
- Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship
- Maulana Azad National Fellowship
- University Grants Commission- Basic Scientific Research
- Bureau of Police Research & Development
- Indian Council of Historical Research
- Indian Council of Social Science Research
- Indian Council of Social Science Research- Postdoctoral Fellowship
- Ministry of New and Renewable Energy
- Department of Science & Technology- Innovation in Science Pursuit for Inspired Research
- Women- Postdoctoral Fellowship
- Dr. DS Kothari – Postdoctoral Fellowship
Ques. What is the admission procedure for international students at MKU?
Ans. The university invites applications of international students for PG and Ph.D. programs. Admission to international students is given on a first-come-first-serve basis provided that the applicants meet all the eligibility requirements. There is no entrance examination conducted for foreign applicants. They can apply directly from their home country. However, candidates who have completed their Graduation from India only are required to appear for the entrance examination.
Ques. Does the university provide transport facilities?
Ans. Yes, the university provides transport facilities to the student and staff. There are a total of 10 buses run by the MKU Madurai from different parts of the city.
Ques. What health care facilities are provided to university students?
Ans. Madurai Kamraj University provides health care facilities to students, staff, families living on the university campus, and to the people from 40 neighboring villages. The university charges a nominal amount from patience. Facilities provided include Ambulance facility, X-ray unit, Lab, well-equipped labor Theatre. ECG, nebulizer, etc. MKU Hospital also works in collaboration with Apollo Speciality Hospitals.
Ques. What are the admission criteria at MKU DDE?
Ans. The admission criteria at the distance center of Madurai Kamaraj University is merit-based. There is no entrance exam conducted for admission. The minimum eligibility that a candidate requires is 50% aggregate marks in the previous qualifying examination.
Ques. What is the UG program fee structure at the DDE center for students applying from other states?
Ans. The fee structure at the DDE center for students applying from other states is as follows:
|B.Sc (Hotel Management & Catering Science, Hospitality & Airline Catering Management, Tourism & Hospitality Management)
|B.Sc (Computer Science)
|B.Sc (Visual Communication)
|BBA (General and Retail)
|BBA (Computer Application)
|BCA (Lateral Entry)
Ques. How is the ranking of the university in India?
Ans. Madurai Kamaraj University has been ranked by various ranking agencies such as NIRF, Outlook, QS, etc.In 2020, the university is ranked 84th and 89th in the Overall ranking list by NIRF and QS respectively. Earlier in 2019, MKU Madurai was ranked 69th and 62nd by the NIRF and Outlook.
Ques. What facilities does the university offer to students?
Ans. Students at Madurai Kamaraj University have facilities such as Auditorium, Bank, Canteen, CCTV, Central Instrumentation Center, Clean campus, Guest House, Health care center, Hostels, IAS Coaching Center, International Journal Access List, Internet/ Wifi, Library, Married research scholar quarter, Mother care room, Parks, Placement cell, Post office, Printing press, smart classroom, etc.
Ques. How can I verify my certificates online from Madurai Univerity?
Ans. To verify your documents online you can use the e-Sanad service provided by MKU Madurai. The e-Sanad platform is used by the Indian and foreign nationals to get their documents attested from the concerned authorities such as DIA and MEA, govt. of India. Steps involved in the process are s follows:
- Go to link https://mkuniversity.ac.in/new/examination/e-SANAD
- Pay the document verification fee of INR 1800/ per certificate to the university.
- A unique reference number will be generated from the portal.
- Send an email to email@example.com with the following details.
- Student’s Name:
- Course studied:
- Registration No:
- Amount paid: INR 1,800
- Payment Date:
- SBI Collect Reference No:
- Keep a soft copy of the front page (only) of the Degree certificate in PDF format in your Computer.
- Visit https://esanad.nic.in for registration
- For registration, you need to upload the necessary documents and pay the processing fee.
- Once the registration is complete, the portal will generate its acknowledgment after the successful payment.
Ques. What are some of the best BCA colleges affiliated to Madurai Kamaraj University?
Ans. Some of the best BCA colleges affiliated to Madurai Kamaraj University are: