The National Institute of Technology Agartala, shortened to NITA, is a technology-oriented institute of higher education established by India's Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) in Agartala, India. It was founded as Tripura Engineering College in 1965 and declared a National Institute of Technology (NIT) in 2006. Being recognized as the institute of national importance by an act of the parliament.
The Institute is now known as a knowledge hub, with the introduction of more specialized subjects like hydro informatics and aeronautics. NIT Agartala is the first NIT in India to have a Kendriya Vidyalaya within the Campus itself.
Get Detailed knowledge about the NIT Agartala Admission
NIT Agartala Highlights
Over 34,000 books and 200 journals
How to Reach
Nearest railway: 2 km
From the airport: 27 km
NIT Agartala Courses and Admission
B.Tech and B.Arch Courses Eligibility
Admission to the B.Tech / B.Arch program is on the basis of marks acquired by a candidate in 12th (Science Stream) or equivalent and JEE Main Entrance exam.
- CBSE – Minimum 50% marks
- JEE (MAIN)Entrance Examination – Minimum 60% marks
Final Selection to the program is based on the allocation of seats through JoSAA counseling (Joint Seat Allocation Authority).
NIT Agartala M.Tech. Course Eligibility
M.Tech program at NIT Agartala is offered to the candidates with BE/ B.Tech degree in relevant field. Final Selection to the course will be done on the basis of scores obtained in GATE Entrance Exam.
NIT Agartala MCA and MBA Courses Eligibility
Admission to the MBA program is through MCAT/GMAT/CAT entrance test, MBA program is applicable at the Postgraduate level. Candidates applying for these courses must hold Bachelor’s degree from a recognized Institute/University. Those applying for MCA program have to give a NIMCET entrance test, and a Bachelor’s degree with minimum 50% (Mathematics in 12th is Mandatory) whereas candidates applying for MBA must have a Bachelor’s degree with minimum 50% marks.
NIT Agartala PhD Course Eligibility
Ph.D. research program is open for candidates with Master’s/ M.Phil. degree with minimum required marks in revelant stream from a recognised Institute/ University.
Check NIT Agartala Fee structure
NIT Agartala Placement
Placement in NIT takes place on a very large scale, where a different number of companies actively takes part in selecting the best person for the title.
Number of student placed
Denso India Pvt Ltd
NIT Agartala Ranking
Body / Magazine
NIT Agartala Scholarships
Scholarships are offered to deserving candidates, particularly to those from low-economic backgrounds Or from Reserved Categories.
- The Institute offers a scholarship to reserved category students.
- A scholarship is also given to students as per the government norms.
NIT Agartala Student facilities
- Central Computer Laboratory with Centralized Server Well-Facilitated Reading Room
- Campus Intranet Facility for File Sharing and Communication
- Stockroom with more than 34,000 books & 200 Journals
- Hi-speed Copying facility along with Scanning facilities
- All e-journal facilities are available in the digital library
- Canteen with drool-worthy food
- Medical facilities with at least one doctor available 24/7.
- Bank with ATM service available inside the premises of the premises of the college.
- Different departments for solving queries