National Institute of Technology, Agartala (NITA) is inviting applications for its 2-year full-time MBA program in the School of Management. All eligible and interested candidates can apply for admission at nita.ac.in. The last date to apply has been extended till May 6, 2021. The academic session for the MBA program will commence in July 2021. Admission into the program will be granted on the basis of the score of the National level MBA entrance exam – CAT/MAT/XAT/CMAT/GMAT.
NIMCET 2021 notification has been released by the conducting body (NIT Raipur) as per which the registration will commence from March 11. Candidates interested in the NIMCET 2021 entrance test can register online till April 7, 2021, at nimcet.in. The NIMCET 2021 entrance examination will be conducted on May 23, 2021, from 2 to 4 PM. The results of the entrance examinations will be declared tentatively by June 8, 2021.
National Institute of Technology Agartala was established in 1965 in the capital city of Tripura. Originally known as Tripura Engineering College, it was recognized as an NIT in 2006. Acknowledged as an Institute of National Importance by the Government of India, NITA, now with a deemed-to-be-University status, has been accredited by the NBA and ranked 70th by NIRF on its list of top engineering institutes in India. NITA has a strong faculty of 239 accomplished scholars, out of whom 165 are Ph.D. holders. Many of them have been decorated with awards from institutions such as the Institution of Engineers India Tripura, NIT Tiruchirappalli, MITACS Canada, and so on.
NITA has a good placement record, with the campus being visited by big names such as Tata, Cognizant, Wipro, ITC, and so on for recruitments. The highest package offered here has been 3.6 million INR, while the average package is 500,000 INR.
- The institute offers a number of specializations across the B.Tech, M.Tech, MBA, B.Sc, M.Sc, and Ph.D. courses, including dual degrees.
- The eligibility criterion for admission to B.Tech is a pass in 10+2 with Mathematics and Physics, while for selection, it is mandatory to take the JEE-Main, and consequently appear for JoSAA counseling.
- Candidates who have a B.Tech degree with 60% marks are eligible to pursue M.Tech at NITA. However, they also must have a valid GATE score card and should have undergone CCMT counseling.
- The institute invites applicants for MBA studies as well. Those who are interested must take note that a graduation degree with 60% marks is required to be eligible for admission, in addition to taking one of the entrance examinations among the CAT, CMAT, or GMAT. An M.Sc course is available, for which candidates have to have a B.Sc degree with 50% marks, besides taking the JAM.
- NITA also offers dual degrees in Technology (B.Tech+M.Tech) and Science (B.Sc+M.Sc). To pursue dual degrees, candidates have to pass 10+2 with a score of at least 60% They also have to take the JEE-Main. The institute also offers Ph.D. courses.
NIT Agartala Admission Highlights 2021
|Name of Institute||National Institute of Technology Agartala|
|Affiliated with||Deemed to be a university|
|Basic Admission Criteria||Merit-Based|
|Entrance Exam||B.Tech: JEE-Main;
MBA: CAT/ MAT;