Veer Bahadur Singh Purvanchal University (VBSPU) formerly known as Purvanchal University is located in Jaunpur, was founded on October 2, 1987, Uttar Pradesh. The University offers UG and PG courses in streams like Engineering and Technology, Medicine, Management Studies, Science, and Applied Social Sciences. Admission to such courses is based on PUCAT or UPSEE entrance exam. The application process for admission is online.
In the recent placement cycle of Purvanchal University, the students were offered salary packages between INR 1.2 LPA – INR 7.50 LPA. In these placements, the highest paying companies were Jaro Education, Ttoys, and Extramarks.
Check More: VBSPU Affiliated Colleges
|Established | Type||1987 | State University|
|Recognized by||PCI, AICTE, UGC, and NAAC|
|Courses offered||UG, PG, and Ph.D.|
|Exam scores accepted||UPSEE, PUCAT, PUCRET, and GATE|
|Top recruiters||Extramarks, Experis IT, Eureka Forbes, Jaro Education, etc.|
The University offers undergraduate and postgraduate programs in technical, management, and many other fields. The brief about the courses with eligibility is given below:
|B.Tech / B.Tech (Lateral)||
Specialization: Electronics and Communication Engineering, Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering, Computer Science Engineering, Electrical Engineering, and more.
|B.Pharm / B.Pharm (Lateral)||
Duration: 4 Years
Duration: 5 Years
Specialization: Finance and Control, Human Resource Development (HRD), General, Agri. Business, and more
Specialization: Environmental Science, Biotechnology, Biochemistry, and Microbiology.
Duration: 2 Years
|MCA||Duration: 3 Years
Eligibility: B.Sc. in Computer Applications or BCA with at least 45% and a valid score in PUCAT.
Specialization: Applied Psychology
Check: VBSPU Fees Structure
Purvanchal University Admissions
The University offers B.Tech / B.Tech (Lateral), B.A. LLB, and B.Pharm / B.Pharm (Lateral) programs at the Undergraduate level. At the Postgraduate level, it offers MBA, MHRD, M.Sc., MCA, MA, MJMC, and M.A. programs at the Postgraduate level. Candidates must go through VBSPU UG and PG Admission to know the details of the admission procedure.
How to apply?
Applicants must follow the subsequent steps to register through online mode:
Step 1: Visit the official website of the university (www.vbspu.ac.in) and go to the ‘Admission’ portal
Step 2: Register yourself with a valid contact number and email id and verify your account with entering the received OTP
Step 3: Enter VBSPU Login credentials, choose your desired program and begin with the application form
Step 4: Fill in the form with correct information and upload scanned required documents
Step 5: Submit the form along with payment of the required amount as per your category and course
Candidates, who are willing to register themselves for their desired courses through offline mode can download the application from the website, duly filled form must be submitted with a demand draft in favor of VBSPU.
VBSPU Undergraduate Selection
- The selection of B.A. LLB aspirants is done on a merit basis.
- Selection will be based on marks secured by the candidate in UPSEE (UP State Entrance Examination) according to UPSEE Cutoff.
VBSPU Postgraduate Admission
Applying candidates must have obtained a Bachelor’s degree in the relevant discipline from a recognized University / Institute.
- MBA, M.Sc., MJMC, and MA selection are done on the basis of candidates’ marks obtained in the PUCAT entrance exam. The seat allotment is done by UPSEE.
- Selection to the MCA course will be on the basis of marks secured by the candidate in the UPSEE entrance exam.
VBSPU B.Tech Cutoff
|B.Tech Electrical Engineering||5708-54982|
|B.Tech Computer Science and Engineering||11635-26276|
|B.Tech Mechanical Engineering||
|B.Tech Information Technology||28347-45755|
|B.Tech Electronics & Communication Engineering||34765-67270|
|B.Tech Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering||56018-80812|
Also, Check VBSPU Jaunpur Admission
Purvanchal University Combined Admission Test (PUCAT) is a state-level offline test conducted by the Veer Bahadur Singh Purvanchal University for admission to various courses. The entrance examination fee for the test is INR 500 for general category candidates and INR 250 for reserved category students. The application fee payment is to be done in the offline mode only. Once the students have appeared for the exam and cleared the cut-off, they are shortlisted for admission through PUCAT counseling.
The university organizes job fairs every year where students meet their recruiters. In the recent placements of Veer Bahadur Singh Purvanchal University, students got an average salary package of INR 1.2 LPA and the highest salary package of INR 7.5 LPA. Some of the highlights from the 2020 placement job fair at Purvanchal University are:
|Company name||Job role||Salary package|
|Genpact||Process Associate/ Customer Care Executive||INR 1.8-3.2 LPA|
|Extramarks||Sales||INR 5.2 LPA|
|Jaro Education||Career Development Executive||INR 7.50 LPA|
|R1RCM||Analyst||INR 2.40 LPA|
|Shreeram Fortune Solution Limited||Development Office/Team Leader||INR 2.4 LPA|
|Talent Corner HR Services||HR and Business Development||INR 2.4-3.00 LPA|
|Experis IT||Software Engineer Trainee||INR 2.6 LPA|
|Hostello||Guest Relation Executive||INR 1.5 LPA+ Food + Accomodation Free|
Fee Waiver Scheme: The State Government has started a fee waiver scheme to help the economically poor but meritorious students.
Education Loans: Education loans are available to the needy and deserving students from the Nationalized Banks at reasonable rates of interest. Thesis loans are repayable after the completion of the degree/diploma.
- Financial Help: Academically intelligent and poor students are offered scholarships to acquire higher education. Relaxation in tuition fees is also given to merit position holders in the qualifying examinations/ competitive examinations and position holders in the University examinations.
Check More: VBSPU Reviews
Computer Centre: The University provides a well-furnished air-conditioned computer lab that provides quality service to the university community in computing facilities, E-mail, etc. The lab equips with the following software and hardware like windows operating system, SPSS, Ms-office, etc.
- Hostel: The university campus offers residential facilities for the students admitted to the University. There is a separate boys and girls hostel with a fixed capacity to accommodate the students. Each room has two beds, a cupboard, a study table, and a chair for each student.
- Library: The Library premises are under CCTV surveillance to control unethical incidents. The library has Wi-Fi connectivity to provide the Internet as well as e-Resource facilities to its users. The present Library stock comprises 1,12,006 books, 318 professional Indian and foreign journals and magazines, 557 back volumes of journals, 10211 Ph.D. theses, 760 CD, 12 Newspapers, 216 Govt. publications, press clippings since 2008.
- Auditorium: The auditorium with a capacity of 1000 provides the students with a platform to unmask their hidden talents. It is fully air-conditioned and has separate rooms and other basic facilities for conducting special programs like convocation, national and international level conferences, and many other academic and cultural events.
Read More: VBSPU Hostel Fee
Ques. What is the basic admission criteria at VBSPU?
Ans. Selection of candidates to MCA, MBA, B.Pharma, and B.Tech. is done on the basis of marks obtained in the Uttar Pradesh State Entrance Examination (UPSEE) or formally known as SEE-UPTU. Following the publication of the SEE-UPTU merit list, candidates need to appear for the counseling on the specified date and time at the allotted venue.
Ques. How can I get transcripts from Veer Bahadur Singh Purvanchal University?
Ans. To get the transcripts from Veer Bahadur Singh Purvanchal University, you need to fill up the application form and submit it along with original scanned copies of mark sheets. In addition to this, you will also be required to pay the transcript fees. After the submission of the application form, the university will issue your transcripts within 10-15 working days.
Ques. How can I check my exam results at VBSPU?
Ans.To check your results for the semester exams, follow the given steps:
- Visit the official website of VBSPU.
- In the main menu click on the VBSPU Result section and you will be redirected to the result listing page.
- Click on your desired link for which you want to check your result.
- Enter your roll number and click on submit.
- Check the result and save the file for future reference.
Read More: Purvanchal University Result
Ques. What are the documents required at the time of PUCAT counseling?
Ans.Documents that candidates must carry for the PUCAT counseling are:
- PUCAT 2020 Rank card and Hall ticket
- Class 10, 12 and Bachelor’s degree Mark sheet and Passing Certificate
- Transfer or Leaving certificate from college last attended
- Migration Certificate
- Caste or category certificate
- Proof of date of birth
- Domicile Certificate
- Passport-sized photographs
Ques. What is the MBA cut off for the VBSPU admission?
Ans. The UPSEE cut off for the VBSPU admission is as follows:
|MBA in Human Resource Development||2590-6691|
|MBA in Finance and Control||3453-6409|
|MBA in Business Economics||5137-5826|
Ques. What are some of the best B.Ed colleges under Purvanchal University?
Ans. Some of the best B.Ed colleges under Purvanchal University are:
- Abdul Aziz Ansari Degree College- Read More
- Baba Gajadhar Das Balika Post Graduate College- Read More
- Mahadev Mahavidyalaya- Read More
- Mariahu Post Graduate College- Read More
- Mohd Hasan PG College- Read More
- Prabhu Narayan Singh Mahavidyalaya- Read More
- Prithvi Shiv Kisan Majdoor Balika PG College- Read More
Que. What is the career prospect for students with B.Sc (Industrial Chemistry) degree from Purvanchal University?
Ans.Graduates with B.Sc (Industrial Chemistry) from Purvanchal University can apply for the following job positions:
|Job Position||Expected salary package|
|Biomedical Chemist||INR 9.6 LPA|
|Lab Chemist||INR 6 LPA|
|Technician||INR 2.28 LPA|
|Production Chemist||INR 2.13 LPA|
|Accountant||INR 2.34 LPA|
Ques. What is the admission criteria in 2020 at Purvanchal University?
Ans. Due to the COVID-19 situation in 2020, Purvanchal University/ VBSPU is offering direct admission to all the courses. To confirm for the same, visit http://www.vbspu.ac.in/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/advt-dirct-admission.pdf
Ques. What is the exam pattern for the Ph.D. entrance exam at VBSPU?
Ans. The entrance test for the Ph.D. program at VBSPU consists of MCQ based questions. The test contains two papers
- First Paper: Consists of 100 questions based on General Awareness and Academic Aptitude for the duration of two hours.
- Second Paper: Consists of 100 questions based on Research Aptitude for the duration of two hours.
Ques. What are the subjects offered under the Ph.D. program?
Ans. Subjects offered under the Ph.D. program at Purvanchal University are Hindi, English, Social Science, Political Science, Ancient History, Psychology, Military Science, History, Economics, Pedagogy, Sanskrit, Philosophy, Urdu, B.Ed., Commerce, Chemistry, Zoology, Botany, Mathematics, Biotechnology, Physics, Behavioural Science, Behavioural Economics, HRD, Business Management, Financial Studies, Harvest Science, Genetics, Mutant Disease Science, Insect Science, Agriculture, Home Science, Method, Geography, Computer Applications, Physical Education, Mass Communication & Journalism, Agriculture Circulation, Electronics Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Music, Environmental Science.