Ques. What Certificate courses does the Burdwan University offer?
Ans. The university offers Certificate courses in three languages i.e. French, German, and Russian. Duration of the all the courses is 1-year and the selection of applicants for the admission is based on merits obtained by the students in Graduation. Burdwan University also offers Diploma and Advanced Diploma courses in the same languages, admission to which is based on marks obtained in the Diploma or Certificate courses.
Ques. Are there any scholarships for the students of Burdwan University?
Ans. Yes, the college awards scholarships in the form of monetary rewards or recruitments.
- Swami Vivekananda Merit-cum-Means Scholarship (SVMCM)
- AIKYASHREE Scholarship
- Recruitment of one Research Assistant for the Department of Commerce
Ques. How is the distance education of the Burdwan University?
Ans. Directorate of Distance Education, The University of Burdwan was set up in 1994. Currently situated in the Golapbag campus, it has good infrastructure that attracts the attention of everyone visiting here. The University of Burdwan offers B.Ed, MA, M.Com, M.Sc., and MBA courses in numerous specializations.
Admission to the MBA program is based on marks obtained in CAT/ MAT/ CMAT/ XAT followed by a round of GD and PI, while for other programs, the admission is merit-based followed by counseling. The NIRF ranked the University at 92nd position in the year 2020. Candidates can apply to the college through online mode.
Ques. Which is better: Calcutta University or Burdwan University for B.Com?
Ans. Both are premier Universities of West Bengal. Recently, BU has been awarded an A-Grade by the visiting NAAC peer team. One can enjoy a wide range of facilities while residing in Kolkata because of it being the capital city alongside a Metro. Transportation is also much convenient. But, the cost of living is comparatively low here in Burdwan. But the scopes and facilities are limited. The campusing structure is much better in CU as compared to BU. The syllabus and course are more or less the same in both the universities. In Kolkata, you can also get yourself engaged in certain part-time jobs that pay well and will support your daily expenses.
Ques. What is your review of the University Institute of Technology, Burdwan University?
Ans. Established in 2000, the University Institute of Technology (University of Burdwan) offers undergraduate engineering courses (B.E.) in six different specializations. It also offers two postgraduate engineering courses (M.E) with a specialization in Computer Science Engineering and Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering. The institute admits 60 students per course annually through WBJEE in its undergraduate course and 18 students per course annually through GATE score in its postgraduate course. Candidates can apply online on the official website of the college for admission.
Ques. How tough is the GATE exam?
Ans. It is quite tough to qualify for the GATE exam. In the 2020 session, a total of 6,85,088 candidates appeared in the examination out of which 18.8% of candidates qualified the exam and there was a total of 29 toppers.
Ques. Has the GATE eligibility for Burdwan University changed for the year 2021?
Ans. Yes, the following changes have been introduced to the GATE 2021 examination eligibility:
- As per the new eligibility criteria of GATE, the minimum qualification requirement which was 10+2+4 (ongoing) last year has been reduced to a minimum of 10+2+3 (ongoing) for this year.
- The relaxation now enables 3rd-year candidates to apply and appear for the exam
- Another major change is that the candidates can opt for 2 subjects/ papers from the prescribed set of combinations. Previously candidates were only eligible to apply for 1 paper.
Ques. How can I pay the application fee for Distance Education of Burdwan University?
Ans. Students are required to sign in by using Application ID and Password. Then the dashboard for students will open up and will show payment options i.e. ‘Pay online’. After clicking ‘pay online’ the student will get the following options: (i) Debit Card, (ii) Credit Card, (iii) Net Banking, (iv) NEFT / RTGS, (v) Cash Challan. Choose any one option from them for making payment of INR 500 for online registration initially.
Candidates are to take a print-out of the following:
- Online Payment Receipt (by Debit Card/Credit Card/Net Banking) for an online deposit or
- Print-out of successful NEFT Challan or
- Print-out of Bank Challan after depositing the requisite fees (INR 500 for online registration) as mentioned in the Challan by cash to any branch of Allahabad Bank.
Ques. Who are eligible to apply for B.Ed (ODL) at Burdwan University?
Ans. The following categories are eligible to be students of B.Ed. (ODL):
- Trained In-Service teachers in elementary education.
- Candidates who have completed an NCTE recognized Teacher Education Program through face-to-face mode.
- The reservation and relaxation in marks for SC/ST/OBC/PWD and other categories shall be as per the rules of the Central Govt./State Govt., whichever is applicable.
Ques. What is the fee of MBA in Distance Education at Burdwan University?
Ans. The course fee of MBA in Distance Education is as follows:
- Course Fee: INR 15,000 per semester.
- Examination Fee: INR 1,000 per semester.
- Registration Fee: INR 200 only for other University Students (one-time only).