Shri Ramasamy Memorial University - [SRM], Sikkim at Gangtok is a private university established in the year 2013. The university was established under Shri Ramasamy Memorial University, Sikkim Act 2013. It is affiliated by UGC and NAAC-B. It is also placed in the A category by the Ministry of Human Resource Development.
SRM provides various courses such as BCA, B.Sc, B.Sc(Hons), BBA, BA, B.Voc, B.Sc.IT, B.Com, B.Com(Hons), B.Tech at UG level and MA, M.Sc, MCA, M.Com, MBA, MPH at PG level. The university also provides Ph.D, Diploma, Advanced Diploma, Certificate courses and Vocational degree courses in various disciplines under 8 schools. The admission process is made through both offline and online mode. The candidates are admitted based on the merit of the qualifying examination, and through counseling and interview rounds.
Latest Update: SRMIST has started accepting the SRMJEEE 2021 application form from December 13, 2020. The last date to submit the application form is March 31, 2021. Apply Now
|Registration for SRMJEEE 2021 application form||December 13, 2020|
|Last date to submit the application form||March 31, 2021|
|SRMJEEE 2021||First or Second week of April 2021|
|SRMJEEE result 2021||Last week of April 2021|
|SRMJEEE counselling||First or second week of May 2021|
SRM University Sikkim Highlights
|Established | Institute Type||2013 | Private|
|Set by||Government of India|
|Entrance Exam||SRMJEEM/ GMAT/ CAT/ MAT or CMAT.|
|Courses Offered||UG, PG and Doctorate courses|
|Application Mode||Online & Offline|
|Admission Criteria||Merit-based & Entrance Test|
|Top Recruiters||Godrej & Boyce Mfp. Ltd, Quadrant 4, Vernalis, Mercedes-Benz|
|Facilities Available||Library, Hostel, Auditorium, Sports, etc|
SRM University Sikkim Courses
SRM University offers undergraduate and postgraduate full-time courses. Below mentioned are some of the popular courses alongwith their details.
Read More: SRM University Sikkim Courses and Fee
SRM University Sikkim Admissions
- Admissions to all UG courses are merit based. The basic eligibility criteria for admissions to these courses is 10+2.
- Admissions to all PG courses except MBA are also merit based. The basic eligibility criteria is bachelor's degree in the relevant discipline. The final selection of the candidates based on the merit of the qualifying examination.
- For admissions to MBA courses, the candidates are required to appear for the entrance exams such as CAT/ MAT/ CMAT/ XAT/ ATMA/ SRMJEEM, and selection is based on the score obtained by the candidates in the entrance examination.
- SRM university also provides Diploma courses, Advanced diploma courses, Certificate courses and Vocational Degree courses. For Diploma courses, the candidate must have passed 10+2 examinations. For an Advanced Diploma & Vocational Degree, the candidate must have a bachelor's degree.
- For admissions to Ph.D courses, candidates need to appear for a written entrance test, followed by an oral interview. Applicants who have qualified UGC-NET (including JRF)/UGC-CSIR NET (including JRF)/SLET/GATE/or have passed M.Phil. Programs are exempted from entrance tests.
How to Apply?
Application forms can be filled online or downloaded from the official website of the university.
For Online Admissions:
- Candidates must visit the official websites of the SRM University Sikkim
- Register himself/herself with a valid email Id and a phone number
- Log in with the OTP sent to the registered phone number
- Fill in the form and submit the form directly to the university
- The University would verify the applicant’s qualification, eligibility criteria and other requirements for admissions
For Offline Admissions:
- Applicants can download the form from the official website of the university
- Fill the form correctly with relevant information
- Send it to the university office along with all the required documents
- The University would verify the applicant’s qualification, eligibility criteria and other requirements for admissions.
- Educational Certificates of classes 10 & 12
- Transfer, Character, and Migration Certificate
- Birth Certificate
- ID proof
- Passport Size Photo of the candidate
- Provisional Certificate
Read More: SRM University Sikkim Admissions
SRM University Sikkim Placements
The Placement & Training Cell works efficiently to build industry-institution interaction and corporate relationships. The students are made industry-ready by the career guidance classes provided to them, where they can build their personalities, development, personal grooming, and aptitude. All final year students are taken to SRM Institute of Science & Technology, Chennai, for a Campus Exchange program for a month, where they are allowed to attend campus placement and skill development workshops and training. Placement Cell, SRM University Sikkim, in collaboration with the Career Development Centre, SRMIST, Chennai help students to avail of these facilities
Some of the top recruiters are Godrej & Boyce Mfp. Ltd, Quadrant 4, Vernalis, Mercedes-Benz, Hiranandhini, FRHS, Radisson, Religare Securities Ltd, Indiabulls, Ramada Plaza, Hilton, Genpact, HDFC Bank, ICICI Bank, Sun Pharma, Eduvirtuoso, Thomson Digital, Bid Ocean, Sabin Group
Read More: SRM University Sikkim Placements
SRM University Sikkim Scholarships
The university offers the following scholarships to its students based on their merit.
School Topper with 100% tuition fee waiver and School Second Topper with 50% tuition fee waiver are eligible for this scholarship.
Sikkim Native Scholarship
Students nominated by HRDD, the Government of Sikkim are eligible for 25% of waiver in tuition fees. Students bearing COI and admitting directly to the University are eligible for 10% of waiver in the tuition fees.
Employee Ward Scholarship
The ward of the employee taking admission in the University is eligible for 50% of waiver in tuition fees.
Read More: SRM University Sikkim Scholarships
SRM University Sikkim Facilities
There are several facilities provided by the University to its students. Some of them are:
- CAMPUS EXCHANGE PROGRAM SRM: University Sikkim collaborates with the SRM Institute of Science and Technology, Kattankulathur, Chennai, in a campus exchange program in which final year students are taken to the parent campus for a month to experience an across-the-board exposure to academics, industries, skills, career and culture.
- INDUSTRIAL VISITS & GUEST LECTURES: Students are given exposure to intricacies and details of their subjects through various Industrial Visits. Also, to learn from the experience of experts, various guest lectures are conducted to add to their learning.
- WELL EQUIPPED LABORATORIES: The University has well-equipped laboratories for Basic Sciences and Life Science. The laboratories fully support experiments related to organic, inorganic, and biological assays and tests.
- ENTREPRENEURSHIP DEVELOPMENT CELL: The Entrepreneurship Development Cell of SRM University Sikkim is a one of its kind in the state. The key aim of the EDC is to mentor student entrepreneurs by helping them to inculcate entrepreneurial and management skills, make available entrepreneurial resources, serve as a networking base and provide a forum for the exchange of ideas, insights, resources, information and expertise.
- EXTRA AND CO-CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES: The University conducts an annual Intra-University Sports meet called ATHLON. The various Schools of Study are divided into different groups and enter a healthy competition. A variety of field, track, and team events are conducted for the students to take part. Also, students are encouraged to participate in inter-college competitions. The students learn to value healthy competition and the spirit of participation.
- HOSTEL: The University offers a separate hostel facility for boys and girls with the provision of well-furnished rooms with Wi-Fi facility, entertainment, and recreation. The hostel fee can be paid either yearly or semester wise.The rooms are allocated according to the vacancy created and on a first come first serve basis.
- TRANSPORT: The University transport facility caters to the students who want to commute from home. Out of the two buses one bus runs from Rangpo and the other from the Burtuk area. Along the route, there are various pick-up points for the students, and the fee is charged accordingly. Students interested in availing of the transport facility should fill up the registration form separately.
SRM University Sikkim Faculty
SRM university aims to impart with the students the best knowledge and ready them for a competitive world, that they have in front of them. With this aim, the university has highly educated and experienced teaching staff, who are capable to give the students the best education possible, and also give them industrial knowledge.
There is one Head of the Department in each department, with at least a minimum of 6 Assistant professors in every department.
Ques. What are the courses offered to the students by SRM University Gangtok?
Ans. SRM University offers courses like BCA, B. Sc, BBA, BA, B. VOC, MA, M. Sc, MCA, M. Com, MBA and MPH courses in various disciplines at the UG and PG level, Diploma, Advanced Diploma and Vocational degree in Software Development & Pharmaceutical Manufacturing.
Ques. Is there any scholarship facility?
Ans. Yes, it has scholarship facilities. The scholarship is given on the merit base. The scholarships given are, 100% concession in fees available for School toppers and 50% concession is available for school second topper, 25% concession in fees is available to the Students of Sikkim who has COI and are applying through HRDD Quota, 15% concession in fees is available for the students bearing COI and applying directly to the SRM University.
Ques. Does it provide hostel facility?
Ans. Yes, it offers hostel facilities separately for girls and boys, with the provisions of well-furnished rooms, Wi-Fi facility, recreation, and entertainment.
Ques. What is the entrance preview?
Ans. The admission in the courses of this university is mainly done based on Merit. But only for the course of MBA, the candidates need to appear in the entrance test like CAT/ MAT/ CMAT/ GMAT/ SRMJEEM, and have a valid score in it.
Ques. Who are the top recruiters in SRM University Sikkim?
Ans. The top recruiters in university are Godrej & Boyce Mfp. Ltd, Quadrant 4, Vernalis, Mercedes-Benz.