D.Y. Patil International University has become operational as a State Private University in the year 2018. It has been awarded the “Best Academic Innovative Curriculum Award” by All India Council of Robotics and Automation. It offers 7 undergraduate, 2 postgraduate, 3 Diploma, and doctoral programs in different fields.
D.Y Patil International University Highlights
|Type of University||State Private University|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Admission Criteria||Merit & Scores in State-Based Entrance Exams|
|Location||D.Y. Patil International University, D Y Patil Educational Complex, Sector 29, Nigdi Pradhikaran, Akurdi, Pune 411044.|
DYIPU offers a number of undergraduate, postgraduate and Ph.D. courses to the students. Admission to these courses is done on the basis of merit, along with the scores obtained in state-recognized entrance exams.
|B.Tech||Computer Science and Engineering||Intermediate graduate with 45% with PCM (OR) Passed Diploma in Engg. & Technology with 45% marks|
Intermediate graduate with 45% marks and English as a passing subject
Candidates must also have a valid score in CUCET or ATMA
|Supply Chain Management|
|B.Com||Banking & Finance|
|Accountancy & Taxation|
|BCA||Mobile Application and Web Technology|
|Cloud and System Administration|
|Advertising & Public Relations|
|User experience design (UX)|
|B.Sc||Biotechnology||Intermediate graduate with 45% marks with PCB or PCM.|
|M.Tech||Computer Science and Engineering||Bachelors’ degree in either computer science or electrical engineering|
|PG Diploma||Business Analytics||Graduation in any discipline with at least 45% marks|
|D. Pharm||-||Intermediate graduate with Physics and Chemistry as compulsory subject with Maths/ Biology|
Note: In each course, the university provides relaxation of 5% for candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes, Vimukta Jattis, Nomadic Tribes, Other Backward Classes, Special Backward Category and Handicapped Students.
Know more: DYPIU Courses and Fees
D.Y. Patil International University Fees
Following is the fee structure for the academic programs offered by the University:
|Course Name||Total Fees (INR)|
|Ph.D.||75,000 (per semester)|
Given below are the steps for admission to the academic courses of the University:
Step 1: Eligible candidates can enquire about the application form or walks in who will be counseled by the marketing team. After receiving appropriate information about DYPIU and interested course students will fill the Online Application Form by paying the application fee (non-refundable) is INR 1000.
Step 2: The candidate has to satisfy the eligibility criteria in order for her/his application to be considered for admission. Candidate has to fill the online admission form and submit the 12th standard result and score of National/ State Level or other equivalent UG entrance examinations.
Step 3: The merit list for admission will be prepared according to the university’s reservation policy. It will be on the basis of the merit scored in 12th standard. Candidates have to take admission by paying admission fees.
Step 4: Document verification will be done at the Registrar Office, DYPIU, Akurdi, Pune.
Step 5: Candidate has to report to the Registrar Office, DYPIU within the stipulated time to complete the admission procedure.
D.Y Patil International University Scholarships
DYIPU provides scholarships to meritorious students to help them aid their higher education. The scholarships waivers part of the tuition fees, simplifying the fee structure of the desired program. Following table represents the details for the same:
|Examination||JEE Or CBSE/Any State Board Or MH CET||% of scholarship offered||Number of Scholarship|
|Score range for Scholarship|
|All India Rank below 20000 OR 98% (PCM)||50%||5 for JEE or CBSE
5 for MH-CET
|All India Rank between 20000 to 50000 OR 95% (PCM)||25%||
10 for JEE or CBSE
|All India Rank between 50000 to 100000 OR 90% (PCM)||15%||25 for JEE or CBSE 25 for MH-CET|
Apart from these scholarships, the University also provides Teaching Assistantship or Research Assistantship. The details for the same are given below:
- Students admitted to M.Tech will be given a monthly stipend of INR 20,00 for 2 years.
- Ph.D. scholars will be eligible for financial support in the form of a teaching assistantship of INR 31,000 per month.
Note: All benefited students will require to pay full fees during the time of admission. However, scholarship fees will be refunded during the semester.
D.Y Patil International University Placement
The placement cell of the university open new avenues of career opportunities for students. It organizes year-round competitions such as Debates, Group Discussions, PowerPoint Presentations, Essay writing, etc. to help them to enhance and improve their confidence, reading, writing and Communication Skills. Necessary guidance is provided by the faculty members about various entrepreneurship encouragement schemes declared by the state and central government to help the budding Entrepreneurs of the University.
Check: DYPIU Placement
D.Y Patil International University Facilities
Following are the facilities offered by the University to the students to cater to their needs:
- Hostels: There are hostel facilities for both boys and girls with well-furnished rooms and gymnasium. To ensure the safety of the students, each hostel has separate security services and CCTV surveillance.
- Library: The University has a huge collection of books, magazines, journals and newspapers for the students to read. The library consists of a wardrobe consisting of different sections for authors, topics, subjects, etc.
- Sports: The campus has facilities like a tennis court, badminton hall, football ground and other sports facilities for the students. It helps them to develop a mental as well as physical toughness.
About D.Y Patil International University
D.Y Patil International University (DYPIU), Pune was established in the year 2018. DYPIU was recognized under the University Grants Commission (UGC) and approved by the government of Maharashtra. The University is one of the largest private education providers in Maharashtra. There are total 180 institutions, 3 Deemed-to-be universities and 1 Private University running under D.Y Patil Group. The university has signed MOU with the NASSCOM, to provide training programs to the students during the tenure of their courses.
D.Y Patil International University Faculty
Given below are the details of the faculty members at the University:
Prof. Prabhat Ranjan – Vice-Chancellor
- Qualifications: B.A, M.A. and Ph.D. in Physics
- Awards: Rani Lakshmi Bai Nari Shakti Puraskar, Samaj Ratna, IBM Faculty Innovation Grant Award, Bihar Gaurav Samman, National Science Talent Search Award
Dr. Obulapathi Naidu Challa
- Qualifications: B.Tech, M.E., Ph.D.
- Contributions: Published 5 research papers in the field of Cloud Computing
Dr. Sonal P. Mahajan
- Qualifications: B.Sc, M.Sc, and Ph.D. in Biochemistry
- Areas of Interest: Protein Purification, Enzyme Study, Bioremediation
Dr. Madhavi Deshpande
- Qualifications: B.Com, M.Com, MBA, Ph.D.
- Awards: Employee of the Year for IICMR, Recognition for contributing in hosting Project Management Seminar, Judge for Competition “Udaan”
Dr. Yudhishthir Raut
- Qualifications: M.Tech and Ph.D.
- Contributions: Published various research papers in the field of Image and Video Processing
Click here: DYPIU Faculty