University of Vermont: Rankings, Courses, Admissions, Tuition Fee, Cost of Attendance & Scholarships
This institution is a public university that was established in the year of 1791. The university has a large campus area. This university is located in a mesmerizing location between the two Adirondack and the Green Mountains.
Every year this university has an overall enrolment of almost 11,328 undergraduate students. Also, the university has a well-built infrastructure and the classrooms of this university are built in such a way that it almost has a capacity of fewer than 20 students every class.
The team of the teacher faculty staff of this university is highly qualified and there is at least one teacher for every eighteen students in the university which simply translates to have a decent student-faculty ratio of almost 18:1.
- The university is awarded the #121 ranking for one of the best National Universities according to the US News, 2020.
- The institution is also placed with #84 ranking for the position of the Best Colleges for Veterans based on the report of the US News for the year 2020.
- According to the US News data the university is also placed #95 position for the Best Value Schools in the year 2020.
|Annual Endowment||467.7 million|
|Student Retention Rate||87%|
|Mode of Program||Full time; Part-time; online|
|Campus housing facility||51%|
|Annual cost of Attendance||56,890USD|
|Admission email@example.com | 802-656-3370|
- The campus size of this university is quite large, having an overall area of almost 460 acres.
- This university has almost more than 210 campus clubs that analyze the passion of various students in the university in a field like sports, arts.
- The university works on the safety measures inside the university premises and that includes- 24-hour emergency telephone lines, including late-night escort/pickup services.
- Also, the institution provides 24-hour patrolling vehicles to keep the environment inside the college safe.
- This institution has an overall enrolment for undergraduate students are almost 11,328 students. That includes almost 41% of male students and the rest 59% are female students.
- The university almost houses 5,700 students on their four campuses which include nine residential halls.
- The University of Vermont also provides the student's accommodation facilities that include rooms for singles, doubles and also triple occupancy.
- Also, there are study spaces, kitchens, and common areas to use for the students living on the campus.
- The student and the faculty members collaborate to build relationships and also to explore different thoughts and perspectives.
- Almost, 51% of the students of this university decide to live on the university premises and using the facilities for accommodation provided by the university. While the rest 49% of the students choose to live off-campus in the nearest place to the main campus of the university.
- The university offers students multiple options for programs.
- The University of Vermont offers its students with more than 100 bachelor degree programs, 35 master’s programs, 26 doctoral degree programs, also includes an M.D. program and also 4 pre-professional options like- pre-medical, pre-dental, pre-vat, pre-law.
- Some of the most preferred majors that are provided by this institution are- Business Administration and Management, General, Psychology, general, Environmental Studies, Registered Nursing/ Registered Nurse, and also Mechanical engineering.
- The students or the aspirants who are seeking admission in the University of Vermont must be familiar, with the important dates and events.
- Candidates who will be applying for admissions to this university must complete their registration or application process before the 15th of January which the deadline for the registration process.
- Application forms submitted after the deadline is crossed will not be entertained.
- The application fees for this university are almost USD 55.
- Also, the university accepts the scores of SAT/ACT.
- Candidates who will be appearing for these exams must at least score a minimum in between 1180 to 1360 for SAT. While, the candidates must score between 26 to 31 for the ACT.
- Candidates are also suggested to submit the transcripts of all the required documents during their registration process. Later, those aspirants are required to carry the original documents during the acceptance process.
- The international candidates are required to prove their English proficiency by appearing tests like IELTS and TOEFL.
- The university has an acceptance rate of almost 68%.
Cost of Attendance
Estimated Annual 2020-21 On-campus Cost of Attendance
|Budget items||Out of state residents expenses|
|Tuition fees||41,280 USD|
|Room and Board||13,354 USD|
|Other fees||2,626 USD|
|Books and other supplies||1,200 USD|
Financial Aid for International Students
- The University offers student loans and various scholarships for international students to study in the US. Online application and submission of transcripts are required to avail the scholarships and loans.
- Financial assistance is provided to the deserving candidates with an excellent academic record.
- The scholarship offer is almost provided to 56% of the students of this university.
- The scholarship is offered to the candidates on need-basis, requirement-basis.
- The University of Vermont offers an overall scholarship amount of almost USD 17,313.
- The full-time degree holders of this institution will be entitled to this scholarship offer.
- The average starting salary of alumni of this university is almost USD 50,800.
- John Dewey was an alumnus of this university. Later, he served as an American philosopher, educational reformer and psychologist also his work and ideology worked as an influence in the field of education and also social reform.
- Jody Williams is an alumnus of this institution. Later, he worked as an American political activist and then she was known for her work in banning the anti-personnel landmines.
- Martin St. Louis is an alumnus of this university. Later, he also played as a Canadian professional ice hockey player.
- The university mentors and organizes the students of their institution in participating in various events that actually help them in developing their skills and also preparing them for the professional industry.
- There are various job fairs and internships that can be joined by these students and there they can build connections with other employers and that later results as an opportunity for them to build their career.
- Also, there is Experimental learning where the university helps you with those skills that the candidates require to achieve their goals.
- The candidates can also consult and take advice from career counselors or can simply join a club or organization that can help to build dynamic networks and acquire some collective information that can also benefit your career aspects.
FIND A PROGRAM
COLLEGE STUDENT REVIEWS
Application Portal : https://www.uvm.edu/admissions/undergraduate/first_year_applicants
Early Action Deadlines
Regular Decision Deadlines
|total faculty||full time||part time||graduate assistants|
QS World University
RANKED #601 - #650
This was the best college I could have got in the USA. Firstly it is a public university so the degree programs are cost-effective and secondly the complex system and data science course is exactly what I was looking for, something innovative, something difficult. So I could not stop myself from applying for $65. I had to make the application through the common application portal.
Course Curriculum :
Data scientists are required to know the following details data wrangling, exploratory data analysis, Data visualization, creating the models and deploying the models. The degree program enables students to become protean data scientists with eminently transferable skills.
My father owns a hospitality business, he is friends with many doctors from big reputed hospitals, where he provide staff. While I was doing my studies in biology in 11th grade, he consulted some of his friend's doctors, the scope I hold if I do not make it through the NEET exam or AIMS. A very close friend of this suggested his college and he is a pass out from the university.
Course Curriculum :
We learn a fully integrated primary education in the basic sciences with a solid foundation in basic health science knowledge and clinical skills. It also includes programs in leadership skills, professional development, research, and teaching skills.
UVM and the VT environment surrounding it is so different compared to where I grew up. I was attracted to the challenge of change. I also liked UVM for the nature of its students. Students are extra passionate about their values and beliefs and it shows. I also chose UVM to be on the TF team.
Course Curriculum :
It's ok but does include some unnecessary requirements in my eyes. Having to take a course in sustainability is really important and an awesome opportunity. Many courses are poorly designed or taught poorly.
- Book Store
- Super Market
- Shopping Mall
*All distance are measured radially. Actual distance may vary