University of Chicago Booth School of Business: Rankings, Courses, Admissions, Tuition Fee, Cost of Attendance & Scholarships
The University of Chicago Booth School of Business in Chicago, United States, is also popularly known as the Chicago Booth or Booth. A graduate business school founded in 1898, Booth has extended its campuses beyond the United States, to London and Hong Kong. It is the only U.S. business school with permanent campuses in the three continents, Asia, America and Europe.
University of Chicago Booth School of Business offers students from over 120 countries the opportunity to be front liners in the business industry through the analytical, collaborative and enduring style of business education. With a campus in the heart of Chicago city and world-class facilities, Booth is an attractive study abroad destination for international students who aspire for education in the U.S.
Chicago Booth offers top-ranked full-time, part-time, and executive MBA programs and world-leading doctorate programs in Business, along with certificate courses and summer programs for undergraduates. Several faculty members consist of eminent names in the industry as well as Nobel Laureates.
Booth is home to one of the top start-up accelerator programs in the United States which have helped raise over 200 real companies like Grubhub, Braintree, and Simple Mills, etc., with more than 8 billion USD in mergers. Thus, Chicago Booth provides an opportunity for international students studying in the U.S to learn and grow as future business leaders and make an impact globally.
The cost of attendance at Booth ranges from 110,000 USD to 195,000 USD per year with several scholarships to help international students fund their studies in the USA.
However, the admission process at the University of Chicago School of Business is a highly selective one, which can make it challenging for applicants.So, international applicants, who wish to pursue a graduate business degree in the U.S must ensure that they fulfil all the criteria properly and have an excellent academic profile.
Since Booth takes pride in having a collaborative community and a multidisciplinary approach to education, students can have a successful business career in the U.S and beyond, in any industry and profile. Booth graduates who ventured into consulting draw a median base salary of 150,000 USD. According to Forbes, Chicago Booth graduates’ annual salary is the highest in the U.S and ties with Stanford and Harvard graduates.
|The student to faculty ratio||6:1|
|Application cost||175 USD|
|Accreditation||Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB)|
|English Language Proficiency Tests||TOEFL, IELTS, PTE|
|Average Cost of Attendance||110,328 USD|
|Financial Aid for International Students||Scholarship and Private Loans|
|Official School Website||https://www.chicagobooth.edu/|
University of Chicago Booth School of Business Rankings
- #1 in Part-Time MBA program in the United States ranked by U. S. News and World Report in 2020
- #1 in Best American Business Schools ranking by Forbes in 2019
- #3 in Best Business Schools Ranking 2020 by U.S. News and World Report
- #1 Executive MBA Program Ranking 2020 by the United States by U.S. News and World Report
University of Chicago Booth School of Business Campus
- University of Chicago Booth School of Business has two campuses in the United States situated in the heart of a world-class, diverse, energetic, and dynamic business city of Chicago.
- Chicago is home to some of the world’s greatest cultural institutions, as well as some of the best architecture, with landmark buildings dotting the skyline.
- The two Chicago campuses are:
- The Charles M. Harper Center in Hyde Park offering Full-Time MBA and Executive MBA programs
- Gleacher Center in Downtown Chicago offering Evening MBA, and Weekend MBA Programs
- The school also has permanent campuses outside the United States in Hong Kong and London.
- Chicago’s one of the most beautiful architectural structures Charles M. Harper Center is the global headquarters of the business school and it houses the faculty, administrative, program, and research centres.
- Other facilities housed in Charles M. Harper Center campus include classrooms, art studios, cafés, study and workspaces, student lounge, lockers, winter garden, summer garden, etc.
- Students have access to free campus shuttle service to and from the two nearby airports in Chicago, Midway and O’Hare, can enjoy discounted rates at downtown Chicago hotels, access student events on weekends, connect to faculty, academic advisors, the administrative office, and Career Services.
- There are over 70 student-led groups, organizations, and clubs in both the Chicago Booth campuses in the U.S.
- The London campus of Booth is located near the St. Paul's and offers interactive courses and events, the Executive MBA Program and Executive Education course and houses the London Conference Center.
- The Yuen campus in Hong Kong offers the Executive MBA Program and Executive Education non-degree courses for local professionals. The campus houses the Hong Kong Jockey club program on Social Innovation and the Polsky Center for Entrepreneurship and Innovation.
University of Chicago Booth School of Business Residence
- The University of Chicago Booth School of business does not offer campus-housing services to the students. However, there are many off-campus housing options for students in the U.S.
- Accommodation is available in the ‘Loop’, in apartments in Lincoln Park and River East apartments, and several hotels around campus. International students can find suitable living spaces in such apartments as these cater to students of different ethnicities.
- The Loop is Chicago’s luxury condominium buildings interspersed among office high rises where people live, work, and play. It is also home to several large-scale mixed-use developments with amenities such as grocery stores and schools.
- There are many restaurants in the district and at Revival Food Hall, which is a 24,000-square-foot marketplace that accommodates over 12 of the city’s favourite eateries.
- Residents can also have a front-row seat to Chicago's marquee events, such as the Taste of Chicago, the Air and Water Show, and the Chicago Blues Festival.
- Housing rates range from 1,400 USD to 3,800 USD per month depending on the choice of accommodation.
University of Chicago Booth School of Business Program
- Chicago Booth offers full-time MBA Programs in 13 specializations including Accounting, Analytic Finance, Behavioral Science, Business Analytics, International Business, General Management, Finance, Economics, etc.
- Part-time programs like the Evening MBA Program and the Weekend MBA Program and PhD courses are also offered to students and professionals.
- Undergraduate students in the first three years of study can apply for Early Career MBA Programs offered at the University Of Chicago Booth School Of Business to have a head start in advanced business education while being in college.
- The undergraduate programs are also offered as summer programs, business research programs, certificate courses, etc.
- Booth students can choose to take courses across different programs, and in other locations of the University of Chicago. International study abroad opportunities are also available.
- Chicago Booth offers about 100 elective MBA classes that are designed to help students forge their path, gain expertise across different fields of interest, think big, and be prepared to lead. Students can take up to 300 units of credit after graduation.
- Executive education is available to train senior business leaders and executives at the biggest companies around the United States and Canada.
University of Chicago Booth School of Business Application Process
Application Portal: Online Application Portal
Application Fee: 175 USD for a part-time program
Admission Requirements: Applicants are required to possess a university or college degree equivalent to a four-year American baccalaureate degree.
- Transcripts and/or undergraduate certificate
- Proof of English language proficiency
- Professional Resume
- GMAT, GRE, or Executive Assessment (EA) Scores
- Letters of Recommendation
- Essay Questions/Personal Statement
English Language Requirements
Applicants whose native language is not English are required to submit proof of English proficiency. The following are the accepted English tests and their minimum scores
|TOEFL Computer Test||250|
|TOEFL Paper Test||600|
|TOEFL Internet-Based Test (iBT)||104|
Note: Applicants whose scores are below the minimum may still apply, but admission would be contingent upon meeting the minimum scores or other language requirements.
- Citizens or permanent residents of countries where English is an official language
- Applicants who possess undergraduate or postgraduate degrees from an institution where English is the language of instruction
- Applicants who have been living and working full time in any of the states in the United States for at least two years
University of Chicago Booth School of Business Cost of Attendance
The following table presents the estimated fees for three quarters or nine months for the Academic Year 2020–21 at University of Chicago Booth School of Business. International students must always have an estimate of the cost of studying in the U.S before applying for a university.
|Tuition fee(Full-time MBA)*||73,440|
|Student Services Fee||1,248|
|Administrative Service Fee||2,600|
|One-Time Lifetime Transcript Fee||75|
|Book Fee (Booth Courses Only)||684 (includes 25 USD/class Course Materials fee)|
|Rooms and Board||22,185 (2,465 USD per month)|
|Computer Allowance||1,300 (first year only)|
*The total tuition fee for the two-year program is 146,800 USD, which is up to 2200 units of course work. This tuition can be paid in six quarterly instalments.
- Executive Program is offered on all campuses of the business school across the different continents. As such, the total cost of attendance also varies depending on the campus location. The following are the costs for different locations.
- For students studying in North America, the total cost of attendance is 194,000 USD, which covers tuition, books and course materials, hotel accommodations for global residencies, and most meals.
- Students in Europe, Middle East, and Africa spend a total cost of 167,000 USD, which covers tuition, books, and course materials, some meals, and hotel accommodations for one residential week in Hong Kong and three residential weeks in Chicago.
- Students in Asia spend a total cost of HKD1,355,000 which covers tuition, books and course materials, some meals, and hotel accommodations for three residential weeks in Chicago and one residential week in London.
University of Chicago Booth School of Business Financial Aid
- Full-time MBA students are open to various forms of financial aids like Merit-Based Scholarships, Global Innovator Fellowships, Industry Awards, Leadership Awards, External Awards, etc.
- For Evening MBA and Weekend MBA admitted students, there is a limited number of merit-based scholarships.
- Merit-based awards do not require any application as scholarship decisions are based solely on the applicant’s MBA application. The award amounts vary, and recipients are notified two to three weeks after the offer of admission.
- There are several private student loans for international students in the U.S, offered by different institutions in their home-nation, for example,
- Students on the London campus can borrow from independent financial institutions like Prodigy Finance and Lendwise. While students at the Hong Kong campus may only be able to borrow from Prodigy Finance and other lenders.
- Apart from the above stated, students from India can go for loans from Allahabad Bank, Bank of Baroda, Credila, Credila Education Loan, HDFC, and Syndicate Bank.
- There are several Regional Scholarships and Fellowships available for foreign students, like,
- A. H Tobaccowala Fellowship and Ramakrishnan Family Scholarship for Indian nationals
- The Ehara Scholarship for students from Japan
- The Nelson Germanos Fellowship for students from Brazil
- Apart from part-time students, the following scholarships are also available to international MBA students:
- Aga Khan Foundation International Scholarship Programme is given to outstanding students from developing countries who want to pursue a postgraduate program but cannot afford it. The qualified developing countries include Bangladesh, Afghanistan, India, Pakistan, Kyrgyzstan, Syria, Tajikistan, Egypt, Kenya, Tanzania, Madagascar, Uganda, and Mozambique. Scholarships are awarded based on a 50% grant and 50% loan. The loan must be reimbursed with an annual service charge of 5%.
- Jane M. Klausman Women in Business Scholarship is available to women who want to pursue a postgraduate program in Business. The scholarship is awarded annually and it is worth 8,000 USD.
- The Narotam Sekhsaria Scholarship Program offers interest-free postgraduate scholarship loans to Indian students who have a consistently high academic record. The award amount varies per student.
- Jhunjhunwala Family Executive MBA Scholarship worth 50,500 USD for Booth students is available only for the Hong Kong Campus. This scholarship is open to female first-generation college graduates who are residents of India, Indonesia, or Singapore, working in the non-profit sector or social enterprise, but not educated in the United States.
University of Chicago Booth School of Business Alumni
- Booth graduates have always highlighted the alumni network as a key strength of the school. Over 54,000 alumni in more than 120 countries include founders, world-class consultants, top executives, and business titans.
- Graduates of the school enjoy several benefits from the alumni association, such as:
- Employment opportunities through referral and direct employment
- A professional network
- Access to career services
- Access to various events and program
- Chicago Booth has produced renowned alumni like:
- Satya Nadella - Microsoft CEO
- Joe Mansueto - Morningstar founder
- William Conway – Co-founder of Carlyle Group
- Scott Griffith – Chairman and CEO of Zipcar.Inc
- Bryan Johnson – American entrepreneur, founder of Braintree, OS Fund and Kernel
University of Chicago Booth School of Business Placement
- The Career Services team at Chicago Booth organizes Employer-Facing events and programs like Campus Recruiting Activities, Campus Interviewing, Online Job Postings, Resume Referral Service, and Industry Treks, apart from offering Career Learning Programs and Career Research Resources to the students.
- According to The Economist, on completion of the executive MBA program, 67% of graduates have either been promoted or have grown their own company
- Every year, more than 200 firms carry out recruitments on campus and 95.1% of graduates accept job offers within three months of graduation. Apart from that, more than 900 internship positions are posted on Chicago Booth's online job board annually.
- During the 2019 recruitment exercise, 52% of companies hired four or more graduates, 16.1% of companies hired two or three graduates, while 31.9% of companies hired one graduate.
- Prominent employers of graduates of Booth include McKinsey & Company Inc, Google, JPMorgan Chase & Co., PwC Strategy, Citigroup, Inc., Morgan Stanley, Microsoft Corporation, Apple Inc., Ernst & Young LLP, Wal-Mart Stores Inc, Bain, Coca-Cola, Boston Consulting Group, Accenture, Amazon, etc.
- According to 2019 placement data, Booth graduates have a median salary of 145,000 USD and the highest paying job-field is Consulting with a median salary of 153,750 USD.
Find a Program
|University of Chicago Booth School of Business||Harvard Business School||MIT Sloan School of Management||Kellogg School of Management||Columbia Business School|
|programs||PG Programs -16|
Doctorate Programs -9
|PG Programs -2|
Doctorate Programs -2
|UG Programs -3|
PG Programs -3
Doctorate Programs -8
|PG Programs -5|
Doctorate Programs -9
|PG Programs -4|
|cost to study||Average Tuition Fees ARS 72000|
[For PG Program]
Hostel + Meal - ARS 15726 Per Year
|Average Tuition Fees ARS 73440|
[For PG Program]
Hostel + Meal - ARS 23010 Per Year
|Average Tuition Fees ARS 51520|
[For UG Program]
Average Tuition Fees ARS 17800
[For PG Program]
Hostel + Meal - ARS 14720 Per Year
|Average Tuition Fees ARS 108918|
[For PG Program]
Hostel + Meal - ARS 16047 Per Year
|Average Tuition Fees ARS 50496|
[For PG Program]
Hostel + Meal - ARS 21816 Per Year
|collegedunia reviews||8.3/10 Read 4 reviews||8.5/10 Read 16 reviews||8.9/10 Read 6 reviews||8.8/10 Read 8 reviews||8.7/10 Read 3 reviews|
|-||Read Full Comparison||Read Full Comparison||Read Full Comparison||Read Full Comparison|
Application Portal :https://www.chicagobooth.edu/programs/full-time/faq
Round 1 Deadlines
Round 2 Deadlines
Round 3 Deadlines
Times Higher Education
International Business (International)
We foster a collaborative community that supports you, challenges you, and inspires you to succeed at every turn. A multidisciplinary approach to education gives you the analytical frameworks for unlocking solutions to complex problems. After securing a GPA of 9, I had applied through an online application form along with a $175 application fee.
Course Curriculum :
Your Booth MBA education is rooted in the fundamentals of business, accounting, economics, psychology, sociology, and statistics. At Booth, we teach you how to use analytical frameworks and apply evidence-based thinking to solve complex problems and make a real impact on your business and industry and in the world.
My university promises a passionate commitment to helping the best and brightest minds turn their ideas and talents into a meaningful impact. At Booth, the mission is to create knowledge with enduring impact, and influence and educate current and future leaders. My GPA was 8. I had applied through an online application form.
Course Curriculum :
As you explore other top executive MBA programs, you'll discover that Chicago Booth is different. As an EMBA student at Booth, you will advance in your career while earning your MBA from the best academic business school in the world. At Booth, you will sharpen your analytical skills and prepare to lead boldly with confidence.
University of Chicago Booth School of Economics is a reputed educational institution popular all around the globe for its exemplary educational services and its disciplined and coordinated approach to man-making. So, after I completed my BBA, I got an opportunity to become a part of this educational behemoth and I grabbed it with both my hands. I paid a non-refundable application fee of $250 during the initiation of the admission procedure. I also submitted the online application form along with the required documents.
Course Curriculum :
Masters in Business Administration, as we all know is a lucrative degree and we are also aware of its extreme importance behind the success in any organisation- be it business or non business organisation. The core areas where the course typically lays primary importance on include Accounting, Ethics, Finance, Macroeconomics, Marketing, Management, Microeconomics and Business Operations. The completion of this degree is bound to create marvelous job prospects for the students.
While I was researching for potential universities in the US to pursue an MBA, I particularly liked the Chicago Booth School of Business because of its active student culture and flexible curriculum, and in general, it felt a good fit for me. I submitted my online application along with other required documents with an application fee of $250.
Course Curriculum :
One of the things that particularly attracted me to Booth was how flexible the curriculum was. I had Financial Accounting, Microeconomics and Statistics as foundation courses along with Finances, Marketing, Operations, Decisions, People and Business Environment. There was a compulsory LEAD course (Leadership Effectiveness and Development) along with 11 elective courses with two of them i.e Business Analytics and Analytic Finance being STEM eligible. Other than those, I opted for Accounting, Finance, Entrepreneurship and the like. The curriculum along with the teaching methodologies of the professors helped shape my problem-solving skills in real-world situations to a great extent which is also one of the main reasons I liked Booth.
- Bus Station
- Book Store
- Train Station
- Shopping Mall
- Super Market
*All distance are measured radially. Actual distance may vary