Saint Louis University (SLU) Saint Louis Courses, Rankings, Admission Criteria, Fee & Scholarships
Saint Louis University (SLU) is one of the nation’s oldest Catholic universities located in St. Louis, Missouri, United States. The university offers over 190+ undergraduate and graduate programs across 13 schools and colleges. It was the provider of the first school of law, first medical school, first business school and the first graduate program in the Midwest region.
The university has a total enrollment of 12,853 students and is home to nearly 1,000 international students from 75 countries around the world. The university’s health law program is ranked no. 1 in the U.S. News and World Report 2021 while the entrepreneurship graduate program ranks in the top 10. It is also ranked top 50 in Best Value Schools in 2021. Saint Louis ranks #6 in Catholic Colleges in Wall Street Journal/Times Higher Education.
Saint Louis University Ranking
Saint Louis University is among the top Jesuit universities in the U.S. Following are some of the latest rankings of the university:
U.S. News and World Report 2021
- #103 in National Universities
- #68 in Best Colleges for Veterans
- #48 in Best Value Schools
- #340 in Top Performers on Social Mobility
- #145 in Best Undergraduate Engineering programs
THE World University Rankings
- 114th in U.S. College Rankings 2021
|Annual Endowment||1.23 million USD|
|Student Retention Rate||91%|
|Mode of Program||Full time; part-time; online|
|Cost of Attendance||57,214 USD|
|Campus Housing Capacity||51%|
|Admission Helpdeskemail@example.com | 314-977-2500|
Saint Louis University Campus
- St Louis University campus houses 150+ student organizations which organize interactive events all year round.
- Outside study hours students can spend their time at the library, student center, study groups, sports centers and engage in community service activities.
- Around 70% of the total number of students attending this university is White, while the other 30% is made up of Asians, African /Americans, Hispanics, and students from other ethnicities.
- There are health services and counseling services available on campus, at the University.
Saint Louis University Residence
- St Louis University has seven on-campus residence halls and 4 on-campus apartment complexes.
- The Department of Housing & Residence Life provides priority assistance to students with disabilities and also offers special accommodation options for transgender, gender non-conforming, and gender diverse students.
- All rooms in the residential halls are equipped with basic furnishing i.e. a bed, a desk, and clothing storage. Bed linen, toiletries, personal computer/ laptop should be brought by the students. They are also allowed to coordinate with their roommates and bring a TV, mini-fridge, microwave, lamp.
Saint Louis University Programs
- St Louis University offers 91 undergraduate degrees as well as 80+ graduate degrees. Degrees are offered in disciplines such as arts, sciences, engineering, etc.
- The university offers academic English and pathway programs to international students who are not eligible for direct entry into degree programs. Pathway programs are available at the undergraduate and graduate levels.
- The tuition fee for some of the top ranked programs are given in the table below:
|Program||Graduate fee (in USD)|
|Part-time MBA||1,130 per credit|
|Master of Accounting||1,130 per credit|
|International Business||26,620 per year|
|MS in Supply Chain Management||1,130 per credit|
|Masters in Occupational Therapy||1,420 per credit|
Saint Louis University Application Process
Students need to take care of the following important points while seeking admission at Saint Louis University:
- Application Portal:
- Application Fee: Free (undergraduate programs); 65 USD (graduate programs)
- Application deadline: The University has a rolling admission policy under which even if a student misses out on the timeline, they can still apply and get admission in the college. But an early application would give them a priority consideration in Scholarships. Important application deadlines for incoming freshers are given below:
|Rolling admission begins||November 1|
|Priority scholarship and award consideration for incoming fresher||December 1|
- Student Class Profile:
- Total Enrolment: 14,438; Undergraduate Enrolment: 9,782; Graduate Enrolment: 4,656
- Percentage of part-time students: 12%; the percentage of full-time students: 88%
- Percentage of male students: 40%; Percentage of female students: 60%
- Average SAT Scores: 1274 (Math: 640; Reading & Writing: 634)
- Average GPA of entering students (undergraduate level): 3.9
- Supporting Documents Required:
- Official transcripts
- Standardized test scores (ACT/ SAT scores)
- Resume of activities
- Letters of Recommendation
- College essays
- English Proficiency Scores
|Pearson Test of English||54|
|Evidence-based Reading and Writing of the SAT||550|
|English portion of the ACT||21|
- Application Procedure:
- Fill in the details on the online application portal. Freshmen students need to submit a personal essay along with the educational background and citizenship.
- The transcript should be sent electronically by the issuing authority to the University at firstname.lastname@example.org. All the transcripts should be issued in English or should have a professional English Translation.
- Submit proof of English Language proficiency.
- Submit some additional documents like resume and letter of recommendation. Although, these are not mandatory but advised.
Saint Louis University Cost of Attendance
On an annual basis, a full-time international student at Saint Louis University need to incur the following expenses to study in U.S.
|Cost of Attendance Budget||Cost (USD)|
|Tuition Fees||42,540 USD (undergraduate level); 20,880 (graduate level)|
|Books and Supplies||1,000|
|University Fees (Mandatory)||297|
|Activity Fee (Mandatory)||30|
|University Health Insurance (Optional)||1,764 (individual plan)|
Saint Louis University Financial Aid for International Students
- The international students are not eligible for Federal Student grants and loans. However, the can complete the college board CSS profile to be considered for international student aid.
- Some of the merit-based scholarships available in U.S. are the Billiken, Ignatian, University, Dean’s and Vice President’s scholarships. The scholarship amount ranges from 8,000-23,000 USD/ year. Students are not required to submit separate applications to be considered for these merit-based scholarships.
- Details of various scholarships offered by the university are given in the table below:
|Name of Scholarship||Eligibility||Value of Award|
|Billiken, Ignatian, University, Deans’ and Vice Presidents’ scholarships||GPA between 2.0-3.2||8,000-25,000 USD|
|Presidential Scholarship||Cumulative high school GPA of 3.85 or above||Full tuition|
|Martin Luther King Junior Scholarship||Cumulative high school GPA of 3.25 or above||3,000 USD per year|
|Saint Louis University National Merit Award||Based on high school GPA and test scores||2,000 USD per year|
Saint Louis University Alumni
- The SLU alumni members enjoy a number of facilities including professional development, license plates, insurance discounts, SLU credit cards, etc.
- Some of the famous people who attended SLU include Bill Clay (politician), James Gunn (film director), Gene Kranz (NASA flight director)
Saint Louis University Placement
- St. Louis University has a graduate employment record of 96%. The average salary of students graduating from this university is 44,642 USD.
- According to PayScale, the average salary offered at Saint Louis University is 67,137 USD. Graduates with less than 5 years of work experience is 57,100 USD.
- Emolument reports state that Master’s in Science is the best paying degree of the university with an average graduate salary of 91,000 USD.
- Graduates of the university employed in the financial services earn 100,000 USD annually.
Ques. What GPA is required to get into SLU?
Ans. The average GPA requirement of SLU is 3.77 to 4.0
Ques. How to qualify for I20?
Ans. A student has to submit proof of having necessary financial support to attend SLU as an international student to receive I-20
Ques. How will the student know that SLU has received his documents?
Ans. Students must contact the international admission counselor to check the status of the application.
Ques. Is it compulsory to live on campus?
Ans. The entire first-time freshman are required to live on the campus for the first four consecutive semesters.
Ques. What is the graduate application fee at SLU?
Ans. For most of the programs, the application fee is $65
Ques. Can someone apply with unofficial copies of university transcripts or GRE scores?
Ans. Photocopies and faxes won’t be accepted. The application will not proceed until official copies of all the documents are received.
Ques. After getting admitted, what to do next?
Ans. The electronic admission packet contains instructions on the next steps and other useful information.
Ques. Is SLU hard to get into?
Ans. SLU admissions are selective. The acceptance rate here is 58%. The student requires an average SAT score of 1170-1380 or an average ACT score of 25-30
Ques. What is the most popular major at SLU?
Ans. Biology is the most popular major at SLU.
FIND A PROGRAM
|total faculty||full time||part time||graduate assistants|
Computer programming, Binary writing, coding and many more is my hobby. After completing my class 12 specialization in Computer science, I wanted to excel in that particular stream. My relatives are in the United States told me about this college. Their daughter was also studying there. Getting a genuine review from them and making research I decided to study there. So I set my applications there over their online portal by paying a nominal fee of $50.
Course Curriculum :
The course is very intense. From Binary programming to writing algorithms. Other than computers there are various other subjects that need to be studied. Long story, in short, it's worth the price I am paying.
After completing my bachelor's in computer science, I decided to expand the horizon of my knowledge and go out of India and I decided to choose the USA for that matter. I took suggestions from a few consultants and finally decided on this college. The application fee that I paid for my online application process was $65.
Course Curriculum :
We are provided with the depth of knowledge necessary to pursue advanced academic or technological work in a modern, ever-changing world. We also learn enhanced analytical skills through an in-depth understanding of theoretical and practical concepts, written and oral communication skills, and the critical and creative thinking skills required to advance in the field.
I was looking for a good program in which I won't have to invest a lot of time and I fount this amazing program here with a perfect curriculum that fit my requirements, hence I opted for this college by paying $65 for the online application form. Also, I took guidance from an education counselor before applying here.
Course Curriculum :
My one-year MBA is a cohort-based program that begins each summer and spans three terms, i.e. summer, fall, and spring. Also, between the fall and spring semesters, we also got the chance to study abroad for one week in Hong Kong to gain valuable hands-on international business experience.
It is very prestigious college and to get through it, it’s very difficult and hence I chose this college when selected. I had humanities background. This was not only one college that I applied but a few others. The to the application fees costed around $140.
Course Curriculum :
The course curriculum has been a very diversed.I have no creative as well as the professional writing through those years it will build vocabulary at the same time it will help an individual to grow
My university used to focus on putting students and patients first. SLU's leaders are dedicated to the principles of shared governance and are committed to the careful and strategic stewardship of the University's resources. My GPA was around 8. I had applied through an online application form, costing around $45.
Course Curriculum :
My program offered extensive courses and personalized interaction with nationally recognized professors. I was directly exposed to practicing attorneys and clients through professional skills courses, SLU legal clinics, and externship programs. Guest speakers who have diverse legal backgrounds and career experience ranging from federal and state judges to partners, associates, and corporate executives provide me with a real-world approach to learning.
- Book Store
- Shopping Mall
- Super Market
- Bus Station
*All distance are measured radially. Actual distance may vary