University of San Francisco (USF) Courses, Admissions, Tuition Fee, Cost of Attendance & Scholarships
University of San Francisco is a private university, located in San Francisco, US. In Fall 2020, USF enrolled over 10,000 students including 5,852 undergraduate students and 4,216 graduate students. USF is ranked 4th by US News Report 2021 for student diversity.
USF is accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission and is a highly reputed institute of the US Education System. USF offers over 110 undergraduate programs and around 60 graduate programs across its five faculties.
According to U.S News World Report 2022, University of San Francisco is ranked:
- 41st in the nation for its Master of Public Health (MPH) program
- 53rd in the nation for its Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) program
- 57th in the nation for its Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) program
- 87th in the nation for its full-time MBA program
- No. 102 in the nation for its part-time MBA program
- 73rd in the nation for its program in environmental law
According to U.S News World Report 2021, University of San Francisco is ranked:
- 77th in the nation for its program in tax law among best value schools
- 49th in Law Schools, Part-Time
- No. 103 in National Universities
|Endowment||342.1 million USD|
|Student Retention Rate||77%|
|Mode of Program||Full time; Part time; online|
|Campus Housing Capacity||21%|
|English language proficiency score||TOEFL or equivalent|
|Financial Aid||Available as Scholarships and Awards|
|Admission Helpdeskfirstname.lastname@example.org | 415 422-6563|
- USF offers over 40 majors and 70 minors at undergraduate level.
- Some of the popular courses offered at USF include art and science, law, management, education, nursing and health professions.
- It also offers 8 dual degree programs including Applied economics, biotechnology, computer science, financial analysis, etc.
- Graduate programs at USF include: MA, MBA, Master of fine arts, master of public affairs, master of science
- Doctor of education, doctor of nursing practice, doctor of psychology are some of the doctoral level programs at University of San Francisco.
- San Francisco's main campus is called 'Hilltop' and its four other satellite campuses have over 27 academic, administrative, residence and recreational buildings.
- The university is home to over 120 student organizations open to all students.
- UCF participates in the NCAA Division I and incorporates 26 Intramural and Club Sports.
- The university offers one off-campus and six on-campus residence halls, including five living-learning communities.
- A typical residence hall has features and amenities such as 24-hour front desk, key card, and code to access rooms, student lounges, pool table or games, WiFi, kitchen with refrigerator.
- Through the Student Disability Services (SDS), university provides housing for disabled students.
- There are Gender Inclusive housing options and off-campus rental options at and around the USF.
- Gender Inclusive Housings are open to transgender students, gender-queer students and any other students with a different sexual orientation.
International students applying for USF admission must apply 2 weeks in advance to get enough time for visa applications and other procedures.
Application portal: Common application
Application fee: Non-refundable fee of USD 70
Students have to send the below mentioned documents to USF before the application deadline.
- Official academic transcripts
- English language proficiency
- Letter of recommendation(optional)
- Certificate of finances
- Statement of purpose
- CV or Resume
As a prospective aspirant of the university, international students are highly encouraged to plan their finances well in advance. To ease out the same, an estimated budget for international students to study in the US is as mentioned below.
|Expenses||Undergraduate (USD)||Graduate (USD)|
|Room and Board||15,410||15,410|
- There are Career recruiting events organized by USF to connect students and employers.
- USF graduates rank in the top 3% of all the college graduates in the country ~ according to the Federal College Scorecard.
- Average salary for alumni and graduates by degree is mentioned below (By emoluments):
|Master in Science||84,000|
|Bachelor of Science||70,000|
|Bachelor of Arts||52,000|
USF offers financial aid in the form of awards, grants, student jobs and external scholarships to study in the USA for international students. A total of 76% of all undergraduates receive some form of financial aid from the institute which averages around 35,564 USD per student.
Aids available to international students at the university include:
- Academic Merit Scholarship Awards: Award undergraduates and amounts up to 25,000 USD per year of undergraduate study.
- School of Management International Merit Scholarship: With varying amounts or as a partial tuition waiver.
- Athletic scholarship: With varying amounts, this can be given to all students who achieve outstanding athletic feats in a particular sport or team at USF.
The university alumni benefits include unique access to its library collections, free career services to help alumni build a good professional profile and provision of official and unofficial transcripts by the institute, among others.
- James Phelan -A former United States Senator
- Carl Strickland -Co-founder of the Point Foundation
- Barbara Garcia -The Director of Public Health for San Francisco
Ques. What is the GPA requirement to get into USF?
Ans. The minimum GPA requirement to get in is 3.54. That is one needs a mixture of A’s, B’s and C’s
Ques. Which score should be taken for the SAT or ACT?
Ans. Either score is accepted. But due to pandemic, USF is having test optional policy, which means there is no need to submit any scores.
Ques. Is the USF semester or a quarter based system?
Ans. USF is a semester based system
Ques. How much is the campus housing capacity?
Ans. The campus can accommodate over 21% of the students
Ques. Are all the undergraduates’ guaranteed housing?
Ans. If student meets the require enrolment deposits and housing application deadline, they are guaranteed housing for two years
Ques. What is the total cost of attendance?
Ans. The total estimated cost of attendance is $69,612. This cost includes full-time tuition fees, fees, housing, dining, etc
Ques. What is the acceptance rate of USF?
Ans. The acceptance rate at USF is 66%
Ques. For which courses work experience is required?
Ans. For an MBA course work experience is required. One has to clear an interview to get admitted in this program.
Ques. Will submitting a letter of recommendation increase the chances of getting admitted?
Ans. USF has made it optional to submit letters of recommendation. However, if all the applicants are considered equal there is no advantage over others.
Ques. Are USF majors impacted?
Ans. No, majors are not impacted at USF. However, getting into a nursing program is highly competitive.
Find a Program
Application Portal :https://www.usfca.edu/admission/undergraduate/apply
Early Action Deadlines
Regular Decision Deadlines
|total faculty||full time||part time||graduate assistants|
The program offered exactly what I was looking for in an asian Studies program. While we study the Asia Pacific, I was also able to pursue my own research on Korean society, culture and media
Course Curriculum :
It was a great program, and since it’s small you get to build a good rapport with the professors. I would definitely recommend the program to someone interested in Asian studies
I chose this program because of the exposure it was offering. Also, having the same set of people traveling with you all around the world strengthens your network. Moreover, i am an entrepreneur so wanted to have academia strong in that field.
Course Curriculum :
Course was more of practical than theoretical which was a perfect balance for me to implement it in the real life.
I found out that the field of Information Technology has added more value to my career. So I wanted to explore further in this field. Thus, I applied for a few universities in the USA and got selected in 3 of them. Then I took admission at the University of San Francisco. The application form cost me $70.
Course Curriculum :
Talking about the course curriculum and the academics of my university, I would say that the college has a good course curriculum. Time to time significant changes are made in the curriculum which increases the effectiveness of the program that is quite a good thing to notice.
Belonging from a science background I decided to study in my stream. I opted for this university as it has one of the best science courses and faculty. The university helps to develop the skills needed to succeed as a person and professionals. It uses new technology solutions to enhance learning.
Course Curriculum :
The Biology curriculum provides the opportunity to satisfy all demands for admission to professional schools like medical, dental, pharmacy and veterinary schools and also to graduate programs.
I opted for USF because it had the direct-entry nursing program that I had been aiming for as well as being one of the tops in the nation. There are only a few direct-entry nursing programs in California so USF was a top choice for me. As a low-income student, I was able to apply to a majority of my colleges without fees and USF had already given me an application fee exemption due to my GPA and test scores. In the end, I chose USF from other schools like UC Santa Barbara and Azusa Pacific University because I felt that USF provided me the best of everything and provided me with enough financial assistance to be able to afford the education.
SAT- 1370, Act- 31. I opted for this nursing program because of how rigorous it was and touted as a nursing program. I believe that a high level of GPA and test scores are needed to be accepted as the acceptance rate was 15%. The nursing program is one of the best in the nation and sets itself from many nursing programs because of its ability to allow for direct-entry nursing programs.
- Book Store
- Super Market
- Shopping Mall
*All distance are measured radially. Actual distance may vary