Arizona State University THE Ranking, QS Ranking, Subject-Specific Rankings, Comparative Rankings
Arizona State University (ASU) is a comprehensive public research university established in 1886 in the greater Phoenix metropolitan area. Arizona State University has been ranked no.1 in the United States for innovation by US News and World Report. It is ranked #46 among the top public schools in the US and provides some of the best undergraduate programs in Engineering, Management, Marketing, and Artificial Intelligence.
- ASU is among the top 10 universities in the US for first-year experience and a choice of international students.
- According to QS World University Rankings 2020, Arizona State University has ranked 3rd for employer student connections.
- ASU has also been named with’ America’s best value colleges’ by Forbes for 3 years in a row.
- ASU’s law school is among the top 10 law schools in the nation.
Spread over 650 acres, it is one of the largest universities in the US due to its UG student headcount. ASU provides students with comprehensive career and professional development services to ensure they are prepared for the working world when they graduate. It’s a university where students and faculty work with NASA to develop, advance, and lead innovations in space explorations. The university is well-recognized for its subjects, employability and has been well ranked by many prestigious agencies. Read on to discover the latest rankings of Arizona State University.
Arizona State University World Ranking
Arizona State University has been ranked in the famous league tables, such as QS, THE, and Shanghai ranking. Let’s see where ASU stands globally.
Qs World Ranking
Rankings conferred by QS are recognized worldwide due to their unique ranking system. QS releases its ranking list annually based on the global overall score given considering various factors. Now let’s have a look at the latest rank of Arizona State University in the world and its ranking trend over the past few years.
The above ranking is based on the criteria such as overall score, academic reputation, employer reputation, faculty students, citations per faculty, international faculty, and international students. Different scores scored by each criterion are as follows:
- Academic reputation -43.4
- Employer reputation – 33.4
- Faculty-student – 11.1
- Citations per faculty – 57.6
- International faculty – 67.5
- International students – 46.3
The overall score is 40.4.
Times Higher Education Ranking
As per the World University Ranking by Times Higher Education 2021 ASU has been ranked 184th position with an overall score of 55.2.
The ranking position from 2012 to 2021 is given below:
Shanghai Ranking: In 2021 ASU has been ranked with #101-150 by the Academic Ranking of World Universities.
Arizona State University Ranking in the US
As stated by the US News and World Report National ranking, ASU at Tempe ranks #103 among the national universities.
- According to US News and World Report, 2021 ASU tops as the best ‘Best Graduate Schools’ among the nation with 29 graduate programs in the top 10 list in the country. The university also holds 19th rank for undergraduate teaching.
- Ranked among top 10 nationally for best online bachelor’s program by US News and World Report 2020.
- Since 2016 Arizona State University has been ranked 1st in the U.S for innovation by US News and World report. Till it continues to be the top innovative schools in the US ahead of MIT and Stanford.
- Recognized as North America's greenest college and ranked 4th nationally for sustainability.
- As per Niche ranking, ASU is one of the best Hispanic – serving institutions in America with a rank of #23 out of 358.
- Holding a rank of #136 ASU becomes one of the best colleges for education in the U.S out of 896 colleges.
- ASU is a best college for Chemistry (#194 of 655) ,Psychology (#200 of 1069) ,communications (#249 of 878) ,political science (#279 of 793) , anthropology and sociology (#284 of 757) and biology (#367 of 1048) in America.
Other than this, Arizona State University has been ranked at 91st by QS among all the universities in the US.
Arizona State University Subject Ranking
Arizona State University is renowned worldwide for offering comprehensive programs in different subject areas. These subjects have been ranked among the top subjects offered by top universities all over the world. Let’s have a look at the subject-wise rankings of Arizona State University:
Qs World University Ranking By Subject
Following are the ranks scored by ASU Tempe for their subjects according to the QS World subject ranking. This ranking is based on the criteria such as academic reputation, employer reputation, H- index Citations, and Citations per paper. The overall score obtained was 81
|Accounting and Finance, Architecture, Business and management studies, Economics and econometrics||101-150|
|Arts and Design, Biological sciences, mathematics, sociology English language, and literature Communication and media studies, Engineering – civil and structural, electrical and electronic, mechanical||151-200|
|Chemistry, law and legal studies, physics, and astronomy||251-300|
|Computer science and information systems, Linguistics, material science, modern languages, Engineering - chemical||201-250|
|Development studies, Earth and marine sciences, Education and training, psychology, geography, statistics, and operational research||51-100|
|Engineering and technology||202|
|Life sciences and medicine||278|
|Social science and management||166|
|Arts and humanities||206|
Anthropology and Archaeology are the top-ranked subjects as per QS world ranking by subjects.
Times Higher Education Subject Ranking
As per the 2021 Times Higher Education Subject Ranking, Arizona State University ranks scored by various subjects, and their scores are given below:
|Arts and humanities||151 -175|
|Clinical, Preclinical and health||301-400|
|Engineering and technology||99|
|Physical sciences||126 -150|
|Business and economics||49|
Arizona State University Miscellaneous Ranking
Other than the world, national and subject-wise rankings, Arizona State University has been ranked for several other categories. Let’s have a glimpse of other types of rankings acquired by Arizona State University:
Qs Graduate Employability Ranking
The employability ranking history is based on the criteria such as alumni outcome, partnership with employers, and employer-student connections. The overall score is 55.5 – 57.7
- ASU ranks 1st as the most conservative and value college in Arizona.
- Arizona State University holds 5th position as the best college in Arizona as well as a college with the best academics, communications, and student life.
- ASU ranks 6th out of 13 positions in terms of best professors and diverse colleges in Arizona.
- In the Phoenix area, it is the top 1 best value college.
Global And National Excellence Of Arizona State University
- For advancing the ‘United Nations’ sustainable development goals it has ranked 1st in nation and 5th in the world.
- The university holds 10th position in the world in the subject of education ranked by Academic ranking of world universities- Shanghai ranking.
- Since 2008 ASU is a ‘military-friendly school’ and earned a silver medal from G.I jobs magazine 2020.
- ASU has also been famous for its research and innovative works most notably space exploration, electron microscopy, sustainability, and human origins.
- The Financial Times 2020 edition of top international programs reports Arizona State University’s Thunderbird School of Global Management as a world leader in executive education.
- ASU is recognized globally in six subject areas that rank in the top 20, including public administration, management, environmental science and engineering, law, business administration, and education.
- US News and world report 2020 says that ASU’s 6 online graduate business programs rank among the top 10 including the online MBA.
- ASU is recognized with the Active Minds’ Healthy Campus Award for the promotion and protection of the mental and physical health and overall well-being of its students. The prestigious award reflects ASU’s commitment to campus health, leading to greater student engagement, retention, and success.
- ASU has been the top 5 producers of Teach for America teachers 5 years in a row.
- Times Magazine names ASU’s president Michael M Crow as one of the best college presidents in the US. He is also among the world’s top 50 greatest leaders published in Fortune Magazine in 2019.
Arizona State University has proven its excellence in the field of academics, teaching, research, and innovation thus have created an impact in the global economy by its large number of contributions. Its top ranking has attracted the students worldwide and provided multiple pathways to global opportunities for ASU’s students helping them to reach heights and explore various dimensions of their area of interest.