Villanova University: Rankings, Courses, Admissions, Tuition Fee, Cost of Attendance & Scholarships
Villanova University of Pennsylvania, US dates back to 1842 and it was founded by the Order of St. Augustine. It is a private, Catholic University and it has a 96.7% placement rate for undergraduates. Presently the University is a family of 6500 full-time undergraduate students, 3500 graduate and law students, and around 125,000 alumni worldwide. 33 students of this University have received the Fulbright scholarship in session 2020. The institute is a prestigious name in the US Education System that comprises six colleges offering over 155 courses at undergraduate, graduate and doctoral levels.
Situated around 12 miles away from Philadelphia it can be easily accessible with the help of the highways, three on-campus train stops, and the nearby Philadelphia International Airport. Villanova University offers Online, Bachelor’s, Master’s, Doctoral, and Law degrees along with certain certificate programs. It is affordable for international students as it provides merit-based scholarships and need-based financial aid.
The institute is the host to the largest student-run Special Olympics event in the world. The total student enrollment of the university is around 6,917 with a student-teacher ratio of 11:1. Admissions at Villanova University are offered on a rolling basis but do observe an early application and regular deadline of November 1 and January 15, respectively.
Each year, the university receives more than 20,000 applications and offers admissions at an acceptance rate of merely 29%. This makes it one of the highly selective institutes for aspirants looking to study in the USA.
Villanova University Rankings
Villanova University is ranked at the following positions by different surveys:
- 46th in the US News and World Report in the “Best Colleges” National Universities Category in 2021
- 942 World Rank and 207 National Rank by the Center for World University Ranking (CWUR), 2020
- Villanova School of Business ranked 1st Nationwide among the Best Undergraduate Business Schools according to the Bloomberg Businessweek
- 3rd in terms of “Best Economic Value” according to “The Economist”
- 31st rank nationwide among “Best Values in Private Colleges” according to the Kiplinger’s Personal Finance
- Top Producer of Fulbright Scholars according to “The Chronicle of Higher Education” agency
|Annual Endowment||711 million USD|
|Student Retention Rate||95%|
|Mode of Program||Full time; Part time; online|
|Campus Housing Capacity||66%|
|English language proficiency score||TOEFL or equivalent|
|Financial Aid||Available as grants, awards and scholarships|
Villanova University Campus
- This university’s 260-acre campus is located 12 miles from Philadelphia on the Historic Main Line.
- There are 6 colleges of this University on campus. They are the College of Liberal Arts & Sciences, Villanova School of Business, College of Engineering, Charles Widger School of Law, M. Louise Fitzpatrick College of Nursing, and College of Professional Studies.
- It can be located near the intersection of the two interstate highways, I-76 and I-476 and is just a short trip away from New York City and Washington DC
- Three on-campus train stops provide easy transportation for students to almost any destination on the East Coast including the nearby Philadelphia International Airport
- The University provides over 36 honors societies, 265+ extracurricular groups and activities, and 44 clubs and intramural sports teams.
- The Fall 2020 semester is planned to be held on-campus in spite of the COVID 19 situation but the classes will be held after enforcing special precautionary measures.
- Villanova, being America’s fifth-largest city and a UNESCO World Heritage City is packed with museums, theaters, and many major tourist attractions
Villanova University Accommodation
- 98% of the first-year students of Villanova University live on-campus
- On-campus housing includes 18 traditional residence halls and 14 apartment/suite-style halls which are reserved by upper-class students.
- They provide over 32 undergraduate residence halls ranging in size from 30 to 540 students.
- After a student has submitted their online Housing Contract via the Housing & Dining web page, they will receive a housing assignment. The type of accommodation a freshman will receive will be decided by the university.
- New residence halls are available from the Fall semester of 2019 on Lancaster Avenue. This complex includes apartments, suites, and single rooms with 1,135 beds for upper-class students.
Villanova University Programs
- Villanova offers a wide range of academic programs including- Bachelor’s, Master’s, Doctoral, Law, and Certificate.
- They provide over 50 Bachelor’s programs including business, engineering, nursing, liberal arts, and the sciences.
- Over 40 Master’s programs are offered across disciplines including the 5-year bachelor/master programs
- Doctoral programs in the fields of nursing, engineering, philosophy, and theology are offered
- JD and other law degrees are offered in coordination with certain other departments and schools of the university
- Certificate programs are offered on a wide variety of undergraduate, postgraduate, and post master’s as well as non-credit programs.
Villanova University Application Process
Application portal: Common Application
Application fee: 80 USD
- Early Decision I and Early Action- 1st November,
- Early Decision II and Regular Decision- 15th January
Villanova University Cost of Attendance
Students need to plan their finances properly before enrolling at Villanova University. To help them with the same we have tabulated an estimated budget for international students who are willing to study in this university:-
|Orientation fee (one-time fee)||$250|
|Student health and wellness fee||$370|
Villanova University Scholarships
- Villanova University offers more than $116.7 million in merit-based scholarships and need-based financial aid for undergraduate students
- Of the total amount, around $74.6 million is awarded to the students through the need-based Villanova Grant program.
- Villanova University grant is awarded to full-time, day college students who have demonstrated financial-need and achieved a minimum of 12 credits/semester. It can be received for a maximum of 4 academic years and is not applicable in the summer term.
- Student employment is provided to full-time students who have successfully demonstrated financial needs. Students are responsible for finding their own job on campus
- The Presidential scholarship program offers merit-based scholarships that are renewable and covers the full tuition, room, board, general fee, and cost of textbooks for 8 consecutive semesters.
- The Presidential Scholarship application needs to be submitted by January 2, 2021.
Other Sources of Funding
Applying for scholarships to study in the US can be overwhelming due to their extensive application filing process. Here’s a brief list of research scholarship opportunities from private organizations both within the U.S. and India.
- American University Emerging global leader Scholarship
- United World Colleges International Youth Scholarships.
- Civil Society Leadership Award
- The Indian Trust Fellowship
- Stanford Reliance Dhirubhai Fellowships for Indian Students
- Fulbright-Nehru Research Fellowship
- Inlaks Scholarship
Villanova University Alumni
- The Villanova University alumni association was founded in 1875 and is guided by an elected 22-member Board of Directors
- The association comprises of over 125,000 alumni over the world
- All students who graduate from this University are considered as members of the association
- Some notable alumni are:
- Lt. Col. Andrew M. Alien- A NASA astronaut who piloted space shuttle missions in 1992 and 1994
- William M. Brown- Chairman, CEO and President of Harris Corporation
- Edmond Dougherty-Lead-developer of the Emmy Award-winning Skycam
- John Paul Jones: Chairman and CEO of Air Products and Chemicals, Inc
- Kelly Ayotte: Hailing from the State of New Hampshire, this alumnus was a former U.S. Senator
Villanova University Placements
- Nova network is the university’s professional and social network. Through this network students and alumni can share their experiences and grow their professional network
- The Career Center of this university offers career coaching top students as well as the alumni
- Students can receive personalized career coaching by master-level counselors by booking an appointment via “Handshake” which is the university’s modern and intuitive Career Service Management Platform
- Villanova university hosts various career fairs and recruiting events throughout the year.
- The upcoming career fair is the Fall Career Fair on Thursday, September 10th
Moreover, the university is situated at a very accessible location and is convenient to reach from wherever the student resides. The city life is vibrant and many shops are present near the university which can cater to every need of the student. Its residential halls provide safe accommodation for students at affordable prices.
The grants and scholarships offered by the university will help students with financial aid to continue their studies at the university. Moreover, it is an affordable and convenient option for international students.
FIND A PROGRAM
Application Portal : https://www1.villanova.edu/villanova/admission/overview.html
Early Action Deadlines
Regular Decision Deadlines
|total faculty||full time||part time||graduate assistants|
Center for World University Rankings
The program is very research oriented. It has a 8 week schedule instead of the 16 weeks like other universities. It allows students to pick the electives based on the certification they want so along with a Masters degree they get an additional certification when they graduate. They have a capstone requirement which has 4 options through which you graduate ( A free university sponsored exam, HR certification, thesis or internship report).
Course Curriculum :
I think they are very discussion oriented. You learn because you do it! The style is focused not just on lectures but very participative discussions.
Getting inspired by my doctor mother made me follow her steps. After completing my schooling I decided to practice medicine. I applied to top medical colleges and was selected at Villanova University. This professionally enriched and values-based community made me inclined more towards the university.
Course Curriculum :
It is a four-year-long traditional course. I need around 136 credits to complete it. My course is a combination of both practical and technical knowledge. During my first two years, I am required to take a combination of liberal arts and science courses. As well as courses in basic nursing theory and clinical skills are to be taken.
I was recruited for athletics but mostly I chose it because it has a highly ranked political science program. Also, the location was nice because it was in the suburbs but highly accessible to the city of Philadelphia.
Course Curriculum :
I very much enjoy the political science curriculum, but I believe that Villanova has far too extensive core requirements. Liberal arts education is a scam which makes you pay more money to take classes you do not want to take. There is so much useless core that does not contribute to anyone's education.
- Bus Station
- Shopping Mall
*All distance are measured radially. Actual distance may vary