College of William & Mary: Rankings, Courses, Admissions, Tuition Fee, Cost of Attendance & Scholarships
Founded in 1693, College of William and Mary is a public research university that is the second oldest institution in the areas after Harvard University. This renowned organisation of the US Education System is the proud producer of four US Presidents and currently enrolls around 9,000 students from nearly 60 countries across the globe.
With more than 650 faculty members and a Student-Faculty ratio of 12:1, the institute is reputed for offering a platform for classroom discussions and one-on-one doubt clarification. It provides diverse 40 courses at undergraduate and graduate level. Around 60% of its students go to different corners of the world to study abroad every year.
Admissions at College of William and Mary observe an application deadline of January 1 and also requires an application fee of 75 USD along with the entry forms. The enrollment at the university is quite competitive since the institute is one of the selective universities for studying in the USA with an acceptance rate of 36%.
- #40 in National Universities, #18 in Best Colleges for Veterans and #5 in Best Undergraduate Teaching according to US News & World Report.
- Best Colleges for Education in America # 8 of 790, Top Public Universities in America, # 9 of 668 and Best Colleges for Chemistry in America # 14 of 290 as per Niche ratings.
|Annual Endowment||962 millionUSD|
|Student Retention Rate||95%|
|Mode of Program||Full time; Part time; online|
|Campus housing facility||72%|
|English language proficiency score||TOEFL or equivalent|
|Financial Aid||Available as grants, awards and scholarships|
Programs, Campus and Accomodation
- The University Campus is spread in 1200 acres of land and is known as one of the most beautiful campuses in the USA.
- The Campus comprises Administration Building, Classroom Buildings, Earl Gregg Swem Library with more than 2 million books, Housing, Sports facilities, the Muscarelle Museum of Art, an Integrated Science Center, dining facilities like coffee houses, a bakeshop, food court, and four convenience stores.
- The 160,000 sq ft. large Mason School of Business offers state-of-the-art facilities for instruction, activities, and research.
- The University also has a 42 acre Campus near the York River which houses the Virginia Institute of Marine Science.
- University’s owns two satellite campuses on the Eastern Shore and Rappahannock River also.
- The University housing has more than 75 Apartment buildings and residential halls. Brown Hall, Botetourt Complex, Green & Gold Village, Hunt Hall, Lemon Hall, Monroe Hall, Reves, Taliaferro, and Yates are all freshmen accommodations.
- Barrett, Chandler, Dupont, Hardy, Jefferson, Landrum, Old Dominion, and Richmond Halls, Bryan and Randolph Complexes, Colonial Williamsburg House, Fraternity Housing, Ludwell Apartments, One Tribe Place, Sorority Court, and Tribe Square are all Upper-Level accommodations.
- The University also has Graduate and Special Interest Housing.
- All accommodations are provided with basic amenities, TV connections, and the Internet.
- The Room rent is approximately USD 7 to 9, 000 for a year and the meal plans cost around USD 4 to 5,000 for a year.
- 70% of the undergraduates stay on Campus.
- The institute offers a range of courses for international students which comprises over 40 undergraduate and around the same number of graduate and professional degree programs.
- The graduate and professional programs are offered through five schools which includes Arts and Sciences, Raymond A. Mason School of Business, William & Mary School of Education, William & Mary School of Law and William & Mary’s Virginia Institute of Marine Science.
- The University also offers a wide range of online programs in the fields of Business, Education, Law, Health services, Computer studies, and Liberal Arts.
- More than 750 students every year enroll for study abroad programs in around 60 countries.
College of William and Mary Application Process
How to apply?
Application fee: USD 75 Nonrefundable
Application deadline: January 1
Basic Admission Requirements
- Standardized Test Scores Minimum Requirement- SAT- 130-1510 out of 1600 and ACT Composite 30-34 is the range of admitted undergraduates at the University. Graduate programs GRE/GMAT scores are required.
- Official transcripts of High school/College degree. These transcripts must be attested by the issuing university or Board.
- English Language proficiency test(s) IELTS 7.0, TOEFL iBT 100 Academic Module is required for international non-native English speaking applicants.
- Two letters of recommendation from teachers and counselors are required depending on the course.
- Financial supporting documents and Statement of Purpose required.
College of William and Mary Cost of Attendance
Aspirants of the institute are encouraged to plan their finances in advance before enrolling at the college. To aid the same, an estimated budget for international students looking to study in the US has been tabulated below.
|Cost Head||Expenses in USD (Approximate) Academic year|
|Room and Board (on Campus)||12,926|
|Books and Supplies||1,000|
|Personal Expenses and Transportation||2,320|
University offers financial aid in the form of grants, loans, awards and scholarships for international students to study in the USA. The institution typically meets 100% of demonstrated financial need for students. The average need-based scholarship offered by the institute is USD 17,558.
The university helps the students find state and federal grants, loans and other financial facilities to meet their cost of studies. The students coming from out of state are able to get up to 25% of their tuition cost through the grants. Approximately 54% of students receive some kind of financial aid.
It also provides various merit-based scholarships for its applicants to which they are automatically eligible at the time of application. Some of such studentships are as follows:
- 1693 Scholars: one of the most selective awards offered to 8 freshman students. Includes awards worth the tuition fees, additional fees and room plus board.
- William & Mary Scholars: for students who have faced great adversities or are capable enough to devote significantly to the diversity of campus. Awards range around in-state tuition fees every year. No separate application is needed.
- James Monroe Scholars: provided to nearly 20% of incoming freshers with 3.0 GPA or more to help them explore academic programs of choice. The amount offered is around 3000 USD for summer research.
- The University has a beautiful Alumni Hall that is under renovation and expansion currently. It has more than one lac, alumni, all over the world.
- The alumni association has a unique Visa signature card, Ringtone, Vehicle plates and a W&M Alumni brick that is personalized for the purchaser and is a unique article to keep as a memoir. The money collected from all these is utilized for various university programs.
- The Alumni association conducts various reunions, recreational events, sports events, philanthropic activities, and events and helps in mentoring the students.
- The alumni have a magazine and virtual platforms for connecting the members.
- The University has the most decorated list of alumni with four US presidents namely Thomas Jefferson, James Monroe, John Tyler, and George Washington.
- This is not all, the notable alumni of the university are Glenn Close, Emmy award winning Actress; Beth Comstock, Co-Founder of Hulu; Jill Ellis, Soccer Coach; Perry Ellis, Fashion Designer; Robert Gates, Former US Secretary of State; Jim McGlothin, Owner The United Company; Jon Stewart, Comedian; Ellen Stofen, NASA Chief Scientist to name a few.
The University’s Cohen Career Center organizes seminars, webinars, career fairs, and workshops to help students in writing their resumes and searching for jobs and internships.
The virtual career advising through TribeCareers, On-Campus Career fairs and professional development trips along with continuous help through the center is able to get suitable jobs and internships for the students.
The University has many top-ranked companies as its corporate partners which hire its students regularly. These include Ernst & Young, KPMG LLP, Accenture, CGI Federal, Deloitte, PricewaterhouseCoopers amongst others.
94% of the students of the college are able to get a job within 2 years of graduation and after 6 years they earn around USD 58,500 per year against the national average of USD 33,028.
Find a Program
COLLEGE STUDENT REVIEWS
|total faculty||full time||part time||graduate assistants|
Times Higher Education
Ranked #251 - #300
Ranked #151 - #175
Computer Science (International)
Ranked #301 - #400
Ranked #301 - #400
Ranked #401 - #500
View More >>
QS World University
Ranked #651 - #700
The is one of the oldest colleges in the United states and has a great alumni base. Along with that I found the courses that I was looking for here and so I decided to invest $75 for the application form which has to be submitted through the common application portal.
Course Curriculum :
The M.S. program is appropriate for students like me who intend to improve their professional skills also at the same time want to prepare for doctoral studies in computer science. The degree covers the CS subjects in great depth and breadth.
In my economics class, my friends, a year senior me applied for this college and discussed with me about it that how it stands sixth in the public university rankings in the nation and is kinda public, so I took upon their advice and applied for it and since they were already there, so I had some familiar faces to look and friends to help at the beginning itself.
Course Curriculum :
Our first year Focuses on deep Reading in discussions and prepares a base for the second year, which looks at the various academic disciplines and how they approach knowledge through different paradigms and methodologies. In the third year, we begin connecting theory to practice and to place your work in a global or cross-cultural context. In the fourth year, we have majors and electives.
From the moment I entered, the campus felt like home. Students interacted with my tour guide and myself, and the tour guide ensured that I knew every possible detail she could give. I loved learning about the history, diversity, and academics, and I knew William & Mary was the perfect choice for me.
Course Curriculum :
The COLL Curriculum is very straightforward, and allows students to create an education specific to their own academic needs! Although I have only had positive experiences, I have witnessed the very few students attempting to transfer struggle to apply these credits to other schools? curricula.
- Super Market
*All distance are measured radially. Actual distance may vary