Eli Broad College of Business: Rankings, Courses, Admissions, Tuition Fee, Cost of Attendance & Scholarships
Eli Broad College of Business is one of the 16 colleges in Michigan State University known for its vision in churning out world-class business graduates. The history of college can be dated back as far as 1861 when J.G. Ramsdell who is considered as the father of the college began teaching bookkeeping and commercial law. Through its over 16 decades of existence, the college has expanded to include some high demand programs like MBA, Supply chain management, business & accounting, and leadership, etc.
Eli Broad College of Business (popularly known as Broad) is ranked:
- 40th in the list of best business school in the United States in 2021 by U.S. News and Reports
- 1st in the list of 2020 top business schools in the United States offering Supply Chain Management and Logistics by U.S. News and Report
- 7th in the list of 2020 top business schools in the United States offering production/operations by U.S. News and Reports
- 22nd in the list of 2020 top business schools in the United States offering Accounting by U.S. News and Reports
- The Eli Broad College of Business is nestled on the 5,200 acres main campus of Michigan State University in East Lansing
- The college is located at 632 Bogue Street, East Lansing, Michigan, 48825, United States
- The location affords students easy access to the fully equipped intramural sports facilities, Broad Art Museum, MSU Museum, MSU Athletics facilities, Abrams Planetarium, W.J. Beal Botanical Garden, etc
- There are several transportation options for off-campus students including bikes, bus, Mopeds, and other green transportation options
- The facilities also provide space for mock interviews, paper critiques, resume reviews, presentation development, presentation rehearsal, personal and group consultations, and film making
- Recreational facilities available on campus include fitness rooms, volleyball courts, basketball courts, indoor pools, fitness studio, sailing center, turf arena, soccer fields, 18-hole golf course, outdoor pools, etc
- Students are at liberty to join any of the ten sports on campus, become members of any club or association on campus or take part in students leadership
- Students of Eli Broad College of Business are offered accommodation in the school residential housing which one of the largest residence hall systems in the United States.
- 99% of freshmen live on campus
- There are 27 residence halls grouped into five neighborhoods on campus
- Freshmen are encouraged to apply for the combined living and learning community of the college called Residential Business Community (RBC).
- RBC offers a three-part structure – living in the specialized residential community, learning in the state-of-the-art classroom, and leadership outside of the classroom
- On-campus housing provides academic support, recreational resources, health resources, award-winning dining facilities, student organizations, etc. to students
- The school produces most of the food available at its dining facilities and is ranked 22nd in the United States for best college food by Niche.
- Typical features in the residential units include Single- and double-style furnished rooms, community-style bathrooms, In-room Wi-Fi, Music practice rooms, Barrier-free housing, Co-ed floors, Quiet floors, Cable TV, Game room, TV lounge, Bike storage, etc.
- A meal plan is not mandatory
- Housing rates on campus range from 6,270 USD to 16,698 USD per annum
- Broad offers undergraduate students 7 majors and nine minors to choose from.
- In addition to 21 months on-campus MBA program, Broad business school offer seven other programs in its graduate school including supply chain management, accounting, and marketing research
- The executive MBA program is available to professionals who cannot follow up with the normal lecture schedule. Executive MBA classes are held on weekends.
- Broad offers executive development program to professionals who are passionate about professional skills advancement and gaining a competitive edge against industry competitors
- Broad also offers 100% online certificate programs for professionals all over the globe
- Also available in Broad are custom programs tailored specifically to meet the needs of executives, leaders, managers, and teams in organizations around the globe by offering a combination of need-based courses in a personalized setting.
- Students at Broad have access to leading-edge faculty, and facilitators, Experiential and action-centered learning events, applied simulations tools, and other necessities needed to churn out world-class business graduates.
- Broad also offer flexible hybrid program model in its graduate school to accommodate students from every walk of life
International students seeking admissions at the University can follow the below-mentioned admission details:
- For fall and spring, undergraduate admission application is a two-step: first application is to the Broad College, while the second application is to the intended major.
- Undergraduate: 75 USD
- Graduate: 100 USD (currently waived)
- Undergraduate Deadlines
- Spring: March 12th, 2020 for college application and April 1st, 2020 for major application
- Summer: July 12th, 2020
- Fall: October 22nd, 2020 for college application and November 1st, 2020 for major application
- Graduate Deadlines vary from one program to another
- Personal Statement
- An experiential profile and a case study
- Official Transcripts with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.5
- English language proficiency (IELTS:6.5, TOEFL iBT: 79)
- SAT/ACT (optional)
- Official Academic Transcripts
- English language proficiency (IELTS:7.0, TOEFL iBT: 100)
- Three Essays
- Two letters of Recommendations/References
- GMAT or GRE Test Score
Cost of Attendance
The table below presents the estimated cost of attendance for the 2019/2020 academic year which includes tuition and student budget.
|Fees||Undergraduate (USD)||Graduate (USD)|
|Tuition||41,330||45,000 - 52,458|
|Student Voted Taxes||-||44|
|International student fee||-||150|
|Books & Supplies||1,134||1,594|
|Personal and Miscellaneous||3,826||2,576|
|Average Loan Fees||-||218|
|Total||59,694||64,882 – 74,682|
- Broad school of business offers merit-based scholarships to all the enrolled students
- Undergraduate applicants must be admitted by the end of the spring semester to be eligible for Broad scholarships
- Applicants for Broad business school are also encouraged to apply early for private scholarships
- Some criteria for private scholarships include academic achievement, civic activities, memberships and affiliations, talents, etc
- All graduate applicants are automatically considered for graduate assistantships and fellowships
- Quarter-time graduate assistantships are worth approximately 38,000 USD plus health care coverage, partial tuition waiver, access to discounted parking on campus, etc.
- Some of the scholarships available at Broad are:
- Forté Foundation scholarship with varying amount
- ROMBA scholarship with varying amounts
- William Beardsley International Business Scholarship with varying amounts
Other Sources of Funding
Applying for scholarships to study in the US can be overwhelming due to their extensive application filing process. Here’s a brief list of research scholarship opportunities from private organizations both within the U.S. and India.
- American University Emerging global leader Scholarship
- United World Colleges International Youth Scholarships.
- Civil Society Leadership Award
- The Indian Trust Fellowship
- Stanford Reliance Dhirubhai Fellowships for Indian Students
- Fulbright-Nehru Research Fellowship
- Inlaks Scholarship
- Through the alumni network called the Broad Connect, more than 80,000 business alumni from 100 countries around the globe stay connected
- Members of Broad Connect give back to the school in various forms like gifts, donations, participation in school programs, etc.
- The alumni network facilitates the provision of numerous employment and internship opportunities, mentoring services, business presentations, recruitment exercises, etc, to hundreds of students and recent graduates of the college.
- Through the wisdom project, alumni volunteers share their wisdom and experience with undergraduates of the college.
- Prominent alumni of the college are:
- Louis R. Ross (MBA ’72), executive vice president, Ford Motor Company
- James J. Blanchard (B.A. ’64, M.S. ’65), former governor, State of Michigan
- Robert J. Schultz (B.S. ’53, MBA ’69), vice chairman, General Motors Corporation
- Francisco Itzaina (MBA Marketing ’74), president, Rolls-Royce International
- Through the career management center, Eli Broad College of Business connects students with top employers in the industry
- The career management team also advises and coaches students to navigate them for proper career advancement and job prospect
- Individualized and progressive career search support and targeted resources are also provided to students to prepare them for a career in business
- Popular employers of Eli Broad students are Ford, Whirlpool, Auro-owners insurance, AXA, Coyote, IBDO, Altria, BP, etc.
- 91% of 2019 graduating class of undergraduate programs are employed or continued education within six months of graduation
- 85% of MBA graduates of 2019 graduating class got placement within three months of graduation
- The average annual salary of Eli Broad College of Business according to PayScale is 114,000 USD
- According to Forbes, the job placements of Eli Broad College of Business graduates by functions are:
- Operations/Logistics 58%
- Consulting 13%
- Marketing/Sales 10%
- Other 7%
- Finance/Accounting 6%
- General Management 6%
Find a Program
I heard about this college form one of my relatives' son who did his masters from this university. He told me each and every thing about this university, from admission to placement cell. Under his tutelage, I applied to this university and the online application cost was $75.
Course Curriculum :
In my course curriculum, I had been provided deeper knowledge of supply chain practices and technologies in a hybrid format that could be completed while my work full time. The program was an innovative blend of in-residence classes and e-learning segments.
After completing my school education, I started my searching for a good american university in order to pursue my graduation in computer science. My high school academic and extra curricular records were above average. $75 was the online application cost of this university.
Course Curriculum :
My course structure was set in such a way that it covered all the analytical and design skills in areas such as computer architecture, digital logic design, analog and mixed-signal circuits, computer communication networks, digital computer control, integrated circuit engineering, software engineering, operating systems, data structures and algorithms, etc.
Being too passionate about the understanding of the financial markets since my high school days got me to pursue my master of finance degree. While deciding to do it from the United States I took the suggestion of one of my cousins who just got done with her degree from Eli broad college of business, it was because of her opinion and experience of faculty and flexible course curriculum got me to decide to pursue my degree in finance from the same institution. My application for a master's in finance was made online along with which an application fee of $85 was paid by me.
Course Curriculum :
The master's in finance degree helped me in developing the critical skills which will later be needed as a successful finance professional, the skills which I learned so far are corporate governance, asset valuation, risk management, securities trading, financial analysis. Along with this I also got to learn a lot about trading, investments, restructuring, etc. Apart from this my flexible finance curriculum also gave me ample time to acquire knowledge about the strategies which can be later on applied to the occupations related to finance.
I have completed a 4-year course in mechanical engineering after taking science in the 12th grade. It was through my friend who was pursuing an MBA at Eli Broad College of Business that I got to know about this college. I have been wanting to pursue my master's for a very long time abroad so I did my research and really liked the program. My friend also inquired to his friends who had really great things to say about the course so I went ahead and prepared for my GMAT, filled the form online, and paid an application fee of $100.
Course Curriculum :
My course has been really helpful when it comes to gaining more knowledge about my field. The experiential learning in the curriculum has been really helpful to get hands-on experience about the core subjects. I really like how the curriculum has a mix of both data management and business analytics both of which are important to understand the current scenario of my field. These subjects have helped me gain knowledge that will definitely help me in the future.
I applied to many universities and got an acceptance letter from a few of them, but I opted for this university because of its high placement rates and career counseling agreements. The cost of the online application here was $110 and the admission process comprised multiple selection stages followed by an interview round.
Course Curriculum :
My course structure was set in such a way that it covered all the analytical and design skills in areas such as computer architecture, digital logic design, analog, and mixed-signal circuits, computer communication networks, digital computer control, integrated circuit engineering, software engineering, operating systems, data structures, and algorithms, etc.
- Bus Station
*All distance are measured radially. Actual distance may vary