Torrens University Australia: Rankings, Courses, Admissions, Tuition Fee, Cost of Attendance & Scholarships
Torrens University is a private research institute/university in Australia offering courses through its vertical structure in fields of study like Business, Design, Health, Hospitality, and Education. Founded in 2013, it is the 40th university in Australia and the first new university for 20 years.
Torrens University Australia is part of the 70 members of Laureate International Universities, a leading global international network of innovative institutions of higher education across 23 countries. This association allows students to leverage the community of over 1,000,000 students around the globe. The Institute has 15 campuses across Sydney, Blue Mountains, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide, and Auckland. The great campus environment and faculties have allowed the institute to maintain international student retention of over 90%.
Torrens University is ranked:
- 39th in Country ranking 2020 by Unirank.
- 3294th in world ranking 2020 by Unirank.
|Type of institute||private research institute|
|No. of campuses||15|
|Location||Sydney, Blue Mountains, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide, and Auckland|
|Programs offered||vocational, undergraduate and graduate levels|
|Application fee||85 -235 AUD|
|Housing facilities||Not available|
|Financial aid||Scholarships and discounts|
Torrens University Campus
- Its main campus is located on the historic site of the Menz biscuit factory at Wakefield Street, Adelaide.
- The Sydney campuses are Ultimo campus, The rocks campus, Pyrmont campus, Town hall campus, Torrens University language centre, Kent street campus, and Leura campus.
- The campuses located at Brisbane are Fortitude Valley Campus, Torrens University Language Centre, and Gotha Street Campus.
- The campuses located at Melbourne are Fitzroy Campus, Flinders Street Campus, and Torrens University Language Centre.
- Other campuses include Auckland Campus at Melbourne featuring simulation laboratory, State of the art industry aligned software and technology, Boutique size class, etc.
- The main campus features Breakout pods, Chill-out zones, Dedicated study areas, Hot disking for both staff and students, Open plan learning spaces, etc.
- The main campus can be accessed via different public transport system like train, bus, and cab.
- Facilities at the Sydney campuses include Learning Resource Library and Media Laboratory, Photo imaging studio, Digital media lab, Craft workshop, Fashion studio, Exhibition spaces, Custom-built beauty clinic, Hydrotherapy tub, Atrium, etc
- Most campuses of the school have free Wi-Fi for students and visitors’ usage
- There is a vibrant Student Representative Council which manages and coordinates student’s activities.
Torrens University Residence
- Torrens University does not operate or own its accommodation facilities however there are ranges of accommodation options available for international students in Adelaide
- Accommodation options available include student apartments, residential colleges, and private rentals
- International students are advised to contact the Student Services Team for help in finding a suitable housing option
Torrens University Program
- Torrens University offers online and hybrid modes of learning in some courses at some campuses allowing students who are working to cope with academics.
- Torrens incorporates some of the world’s most prestigious schools in business, public health, design and creative technology, project management, hospitality education, and sports management.
- Torrens offers programs in vocational, undergraduate and graduate levels across Business, Project management, Health, Design and Creative Technology, Hospitality, Education, and Sports Management.
- English language program is also offered to students who are not proficient in English and students who want to improve their command of English.
- All courses offered across all campuses of the university are currently being delivered online.
Torrens University Application Process
Application Portal: SATAC application for an undergraduate program at the Adelaide campus.
Torrens admission Portal for undergraduate, online or postgraduate courses at other campuses, plus application for online or postgraduate courses at Adelaide campus
Application Fee: 85 -235 AUD
Undergraduate: Undergraduate Applicants are expected to possess either of the following
- Year 12 with ATAR 60+ (or equivalent)
- Higher Education qualification
- Vocational qualification (AQF Level 4)
- Work and Life Experience Entry
Postgraduate: Australian bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Academic transcripts/ certificates of senior school studies
- English language proficiency test
- Proof of citizenship or residency in the form of a passport, visa
- Current curriculum vitae
- Any other program-specific requirements
Application Deadline: Torrens University operates on a rolling admission policy and has four Main Intakes per year and two accelerated Intakes, for both full-time and part-time higher education degree and diploma students.
English Language Requirements
The table below contains the English language requirements for undergraduate and postgraduate
|English Language Test||Undergraduate Requirements||Postgraduate Requirements|
|IELTS – Academic||6.0 (with no sub-score less than 5.5)||6.5 (with no sub-score less than 6.0)|
|TOEFL||60 (with a minimum of 18 in writing)||79 (with a minimum of 21 in writing)|
|Cambridge English Scale Score (from 2015)||169 (with no sub-score less than 162)||176 (with no sub-score less than 169)|
|Pearson Test of English (PTE)||50 (with no sub-score less than 42)||58 (with no sub-score less than 50)|
- Through a partnership with the Intensive English Language Institute (IELI) in Adelaide, the English language pathway program is offered to students with insufficient English Language test scores.
- Applicants should note that some courses may require a higher sub-sore(s) and/or overall score for entry.
Torrens University Cost of Attendance
The annual cost of attendance on annual basis is presented in the table below. The living expenses include the cost of accommodation, food, transportation, etc.
|Fees||Undergraduate (AUD)||Postgraduate (AUD)|
|Tuition fees||22,800||10,300 – 30,000|
|Overseas Health Cover||752||752|
|Total||44,593||32,093 – 51,793|
Other expenses for international students:
|Expense||Cost in AUD|
|Course fees||320/ week|
Torrens University Financial Aid
- New international students may be eligible for a scholarship depending on their country of citizenship, the intake that they commence in, and the course that they are applying for.
- Whenever Torrens University launch new courses, all new international students are provided an automatic scholarship on enrolment.
- New international students applying for admission in 2020 academic sessions are awarded undergraduate and postgraduate scholarships worth up to 30% on selected courses.
- Interested applicants are required to download the form here, fill the application form and submit it. Only eligible applicants will be considered. Details of the scholarships and discount on the selected courses are:
- Business Scholarship: worth 30% tuition fee discount for undergraduate and postgraduate students of the school of business
- Alumni Fee Discount: Alumni of the school who studied his/her undergraduate program at the school are eligible for a 25% fee discount for postgraduate program
- Design Merit Scholarship worth 25% fee discount are open to new undergraduate and postgraduate students in any of the 29 courses in the school of design
- International students may be eligible for a 15% Alternative Study Path Scholarship if he/she has completed onshore an English language program, year 12 high school certificate, vocational program or 6 months of higher education study.
- The scholarship application for international students spans all year round.
Torrens University Alumni Network
- Graduates of Torrens University Australia become part of a community of Alumni under Laureate International Universities that spans across 200 institutions across the globe.
- As an alumni member, the students can get 25% reduction in tuition fee for further education.
- The students also get a chance to participate in events and activities held exclusively for alumni association members.
Torrens University Notable Alumni
Some of the notable alumni of Torrens University are:
- Marcus Chan – Founder, Venli Consulting Group
- Ben Salter - Australian musician
- Nathan Frost – Film Cinematography
Torrens University, Australia Placements
- Students of the university undertake work placements/internships with some of the most dynamic and prestigious organizations in Australia, and around the globe.
- According to the 2018 report by Sydney Morning Herald, Torrens University had a full-time employment rate of 52.2% for creative arts, 60.3% for psychology, and 60.6% communications graduates.
- The institute has industrial collaboration with a number of top industries such as Accor Hotels, Bank of Melbourne, Allen Jack+Cottier, etc. Through this, the students from all the study areas are placed in high-paying companies.
FIND A PROGRAM
COLLEGE STUDENT REVIEWS
I applied to a few colleges and got acceptance letters from just a few, but I selected this one because of its high placement rates and agreements with career counsellors. The application fee was $80, and the admissions process involved multiple rounds of selection before an interview round.
Course Curriculum :
My course included artificial intelligence, computer vision, cryptography, animation, information management, multimedia, and networking, among other important computer science topics. If it was traditional class sessions or practical lab sessions, I had a great time.
This college appealed to me because it is one of the best business schools in the nation. It had a good college programme as well as outstanding other facilities. On their official website, I completed the online application process. The cost of my application was about $90.
Course Curriculum :
The education of my programme was outstanding. It was a challenging and adaptable course. It was necessary to attend a number of foreign lectures and conferences. It had given me the perfect combination of practical and interpersonal skills for motivating, shaping, and guiding global success. Client-facing assignments, consulting programmes, field workshops, and internships were all part of the programme.
Affordable fees along with the desired field of study were the main reasons.
Course Curriculum :
The course is relatively easy to manage along with your work.
Torrens is one of the most affordable universities of Australia. Their education is assignment and exams based. My course is also accredited by Australian Computer Society (ACS) which would help me in getting my skill assessment after completing this course. Their online education is very flexible and they have campuses in Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane and Adelaide. Any student from these campuses can join a class of any other campus as per their availability. Moreover, work and studies can be managed efficiently.
Course Curriculum :
The course curriculum consists of majorly all the latest trending subjects with a major focus on Agile methodology and Cyber-Security. They have also included programming languages like SQL and Python, which are the basics for any person who wishes to secure a job in a competitive job market.
*All distance are measured radially. Actual distance may vary