Bachelor of Science [B.Sc]
Field of Study
International Student Tution
Eligibility & Entry Requirement
- Students must have a GPA of 3 on a 4.0 scale.
- To get admission in this program students must have a minimum ATAR Score (Australian Tertiary Admissions Rank) of (IES System) is 76.
- This entry score can be used as a guide to the standard required for entry.
Indian Student Eligibility:
To get admission in this program the minimum ATAR score (Australian Tertiary Admissions Rank) for
- CBSE Students – 65
- ISCE Students – 65
- State Board Students – 75
The above requirements are the minimum requirements and do not guarantee admission. The admissions committee will consider all evidence in the file and decide. To know more about the required….Read More
- Bachelor of Science at the University of Melbourne is offered as a 3-year teaching program.
- This program is offered on a full-time teaching basis
- Students will be taught, mentored, and inspired by international experts in their fields.
- The lecturers have a huge range of specialties, but what they have in common is their passion for sharing their knowledge with students.
- This Department attracts the brightest and most ambitious students from around Australia and internationally.
- This Department will challenge students to achieve their best, and friendly staff and support services will be there to help them succeed.
- Some of the majors in this course that students go through in this program are:
- Electrical Systems
- Ecosystem Science
- Data Science
- Computational Biology
- Environmental Engineering Systems
- Students can choose from hundreds of breadth (non-science) subjects on offer.
- Some students use breadth to explore a passion or interest – for example music or history.
- Others will improve their career prospects by studying a language or law, communication, or business skills.
- Students will develop a deep understanding of their major study area from the first to the third year.
- For this course, the student-to-teacher ratio is 19:1, which helps increase interaction between professors and students.
- The job opportunities after this program that students get in companies like:
- Ausnet Services
- Deloitte, etc., with an average salary of 47,250 USD.
|Degree Type Offered||Bachelor|
|Fees||104751 for 3 years|
|Delivery Type||full time|
|Admission Intake||Semester2 (Deadline - June 11)|
|Admission Intake||Semester1 (Deadline - Sept 30)|
Required Document List
Following Documents are required to attend this program:
- Statement of Purpose: An essay or other written statement written by the student.
- Resume/CV: Outline of academic achievements and/or awards, publications, relevant work and/or volunteer experience.
- Academic Documents: Submit copies of official transcripts from post-secondary institutions attended.
- Sample of written work: Student has to write something interesting as their sample essay in the application form.
- Statement of Interest: Reasons or intentions for pursuing studies in this program, including a description of prior experience.
- Two confidential letters of recommendation: Referees (Teachers, guidance counselors, or Professors) should comment on academics and that references should submit along with the application system.
|Semester2||Jun 11, 2021|
|Semester1||Sep 30, 2022|
Fees & Funding
Tution & Application Fees
|Year||Year 1||Year 2||Year 3|
|Head||Avg Cost Per Year|
|Housing and Food||$19303|
Scholarship Grants & Financial Aids
|Name||Amount||International Students Eligible||Application Deadline|
|Melbourne International Undergraduate Scholarship||$32088||Yes||N/A|
|Melbourne School of Engineering Scholarship||Variable||Yes||Apr 30, 2020|
|AG Whitlam International Undergraduate Merit Scholarship||$11949||Yes||N/A|
|BrokerFish International student scholarship||$1000||Yes||Dec 21, 2020|
VISA & Work Study
An international student must obtain a Student Visa of Australia to study and work in Australia for a period longer than 6 months.
Things to remember:
- Students can stay up to 5 years and in line with their enrolment.
- The cost of the VISA application is 420$.
- can be enrolled in a course of study in Australia.
- Students have to hold Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) or fall in one of the exemption categories.
With this VISA student can:
- participate in an eligible course of study.
- bring family members to Australia with students.
- apply online in or outside of Australia.
Types of VISA:
- Student Visa: The student visa is a temporary visa that allows students to come to Australia for a specified period to study at an Australian educational institution.
- Visitor Visa: After completing the course, students may need to apply for a Visitor (Tourist) Visa to attend the graduation ceremony or stay to have a holiday.
- Relative’s Visitor Visa: If a student's relatives wish to attend the graduation ceremony and require a letter to assist with their Visitor Visa application, they can order an official Graduation letter.
- Temporary Graduate Visa: The Temporary Graduate Visa allows graduates to work in Australia temporarily after they finish their studies. It has two streams: the Graduate Work stream and the Post-Study Workstream.
- Applying For permanent Residency: International students who wish to remain in Australia permanently need to apply for Permanent Residency (PR).
If students are under 18 years of age, they must have approved accommodation and welfare arrangements in place before a visa can be issued.
Australia is a great place to work as an international student. Students may choose to work while studying. This can be an option to earn extra spending money and get a taste of the local culture. Here are a few things to remember:
- Work hours: Students can work up to 40 hours every two weeks while studying, and unlimited hours during holiday breaks.
- Workplace protections: Students have the same protections at work as anyone else working in Australia.
- Minimum wage: Students will get at least a minimum rate of pay per hour no matter what job they do.
- Strong support: Students will find support every step of the journey as a student worker. Help is always available from the government and private organizations as well as an education provider.