James Cook University (JCU), in Queensland has been ranked under those 2% universities that have been recognized globally for good academic performance, graduate employability and employer satisfaction. There are more than five subjects that are ranked 1 and 2 worldwide. Also the university’s 26 research centers have been awarded excellence awards.
|University Type||Public Research University|
|Campus Setting||Suburban, Regional|
|No. of Campuses||7|
|Graduate Job Rate||72.9% (full time)|
|Funding||AUD 827 million|
|Cost of Attendance||AUD 30,000-40,000 (annually)|
|Applications Accepted||Online/Offline/Through Agent/QTAC|
|Intake Type||Semester wise|
|Mode of Program||Full time, part time, online|
Programs, Campus and Residence
- 49 undergraduate and 68 postgraduate degree programs are offered at James Cook University under six colleges and 32 areas of study. JCU’s Marine Biology is ranked number one in the world. Other subjects that have ranked worldwide are: Art, Business Management Studies, Engineering, Law, Biomedical Sciences, Dental Surgery, etc.
- On-campus, James Cook University offers residential facilities for international students. There are four residential colleges on-campus. Along with off-campus accommodation for students.
James Cook University Admission Process
- Application Form: International students can apply online, offline or through their country specific agents. The students belonging to Australia and/or pursuing an International Baccalaureate Diploma can apply through the QTAC Application.
- Common requirements: Transcripts, Higher Secondary Certificate and, work experience with bachelor’s degree/diploma (for PG).
- Application fee: AUD 55
- Additional requirements: Copy of passport, health examination and identity declaration.
- Application can be submitted six weeks before attending college. Application process begins from Semester 1: January 30; Semester 2: June 30.
- The following table shows the required score for each exam:
|GMAT (for PG)||620|
Cost of Attendance
|Department Name||Cost of Tuition|
|Arts, Education & Information Sciences||AUD 29,400|
|Law & Nursing||AUD 31,200|
|Engineering & Pharmacy||AUD 35,800|
|Veterinary Sciences||AUD 57,200|
International students are offered various scholarships by the James Cook University. These scholarships are widely for research scholars also. Some of them are:
- Commonwealth Scholarships- for UK students.
- David Hastings Bursary; The Walter & Eliza Hall Trust Opportunity Scholarship- for students with physical disabilities.
- Fulbright and US Federal Grant- for US students.
James Cook University offers benefits to alumni like: various discounts on entertainment/printing/photocopying, car rentals, discounted membership of library and fitness centers, etc.