University of Wollongong (UOW), ranked under 2% universities that have been recognized globally both academically and for the quality of graduates. Its employability satisfaction makes it a leading university in South Wales. Also UOW’s 98% disciplines have been ranked globally.
|University Type||Public Research University|
|No. of Campuses||5|
|Graduate Job Rate||95.1% (full time)|
|Funding||AUD 613 million|
|Cost of Attendance||AUD 12,500- 22,000 (annually)|
|Applications Accepted||Online/Offline/Through Agent/UAC|
|Intake Type||Semester wise|
|Mode of Program||Full time, part time, online|
Programs, Campus and Residence
- More than 340 degree programs are offered at University of Wollongong under five areas of study. Some of the 2018, worldwide top ranked subjects offered at the University are: Accounting & Finance, Art & Design, Business Management Studies, Engineering- Electrical & Electronic, Law, English Language & Literature, etc.
- On-campus, University of Wollongong offers residential facilities for international students. There are four residential colleges, motel- style accommodation, and a university village are available on-campus. Along with off-campus or private accommodation for students.
University of Wollongong Admission Process
- Application Form: International students can apply online, offline or through their country specific agents. The students belonging to Australia and/or pursuing an International Baccalaureate Diploma can apply through the UAC Application.
- Common requirements: Transcripts, Higher Secondary Certificate and, work experience with bachelor’s degree/diploma (for PG).
- Application fee: No fee.
- Additional requirements: Copy of passport, health examination and identity declaration.
- Application can be submitted six weeks before attending college. Application process begins from Semester 1: November 30; Semester 2: June 30.
- The following table shows the required score for each exam:
|GMAT (for PG)||550|
Cost of Attendance
|Department Name||Cost of Tuition (Annually)|
|Engineering & Information Sciences||AUD 99,504- AUD 147,072|
|Law, Humanities & Arts||AUD 78,192- AUD 125,820|
|Science, Medicine & Health||AUD 88,272- AUD 238,080|
|Social Sciences||AUD 78,192- AUD 108,288|
International students are offered various scholarships by the University of Wollongong. These scholarships are widely for research scholars also. Some of them are:
- Northcote Graduate Scholarships- for UK students.
- China Scholarships Council- for Chinese students.
- Fulbright and US Federal Grant- for US students.
- Malaysian Government MARA Scholarships- for Malaysian students.
- University of Wollongong Diplomat Scholarship- 30% tuition fees waivered.
University of Wollongong has an alumni network of 131,859 people globally. It offers benefits to alumni like: access to library membership, career services, discounts on hotels, discounts on further studies, event invitations, scholarly help from UOW’s scholars, scholarship for alumni, etc.