- Master of Business Administration at York University’s faculty Schulich School of Business is offered as a 16 to 20 months (4 terms) program.
- According to QS Global MBA rankings, York University's MBA program ranked as 5th place in 2020.
- 89%of students were hired within 3 months of graduation from this Schulich MBA program.
- The flexibility of the Schulich MBA program allows students to study full-time or part-time, during the daytime or evenings, and at a combination of the uptown Keele Campus and Miles S. Nadal Management Centre in downtown Toronto.
- The MBA curriculum at Schulich School of Business is offered as full-time, part-time, Accelerated Full-time and Accelerated Part-time basis, and students may switch between full-time and part-time status as the need arises during their degree.
- Both full-time and part-time studies at Keele campus start in September (Fall term) and January (Winter term).
- Note that students who wish to study part-time at the Nadal (downtown) campus must begin this MBA program in September (Fall term) only.
- Students can select a specialization the course requirements and electives for their area of interest. Note that Economics and Public Sector: Business and Government are not currently offered as formal specializations, although they may be pursued as elective areas of study for this Business Administration program.
- Some of the major Specializations offered in this MBA program at Schulich School of Business are:
- International Business
- Real Estate & Infrastructure
- Students have many job opportunities from the most popular companies like Amazon, Deloitte, IBM, P&G, Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce, etc., with an average salary of around 68,625 USD per year. 140 companies hired Schulich MBA/IMBA students.
To graduate, a student must achieve an overall GPA of at least 4.40. Students must complete the following to be eligible to graduate from the program:
- 33.00 credits of Required Foundations of Management Core Courses
- 27.00 credits of Elective Courses
Eligibility & Entry Requirement
- Students should hold an undergraduate degree from a recognized post-secondary institution with a minimum B average in the last two full years (or equivalent) of academic work.
- The bachelor’s degree must comprise of 90 credits (a bachelor's degree with or without honors).
Work Experience Eligibility:
- Minimum two years of relevant post-degree, full-time work experience or life experience
- Applicants with 3-year degrees may be considered for admission with one year of work experience.
Indian Student Eligibility:
Indian students are eligible to apply if they meet one of the following eligibility criteria:
- Completed a 4-year UG degree with first class in a relevant field from a recognized institution.
- Or, completed a master's degree with first-class in a relevant field from a recognized institution.
Submission of GRE/GMAT scores is compulsory for this program, however, it is recommended to submit a minimum GRE-309/GMAT-550 for better a chance of admission.
Along with the minimum eligibility requirements, international students hailing from non-English speaking countries need to prove English proficiency through IELTS/TOEFL/any equivalent test.
The above requirements are the minimum requirements and do not guarantee admission. The admissions committee will consider all evidence in the file and decide. To know more about the requirem…. Read More
Required Document List
Following Documents are required to attend this program:
- Statement of Purpose: An essay or other written statement written by the student.
- Resume/CV: Outline of academic achievements and/or awards, publications, relevant work, and/or volunteer experience.
- Academic Documents: Submit copies of official transcripts from post-secondary institutions attended.
- Sample of written work: Student has to write something interesting as their sample essay in the application form.
- Statement of Interest: Reasons or intentions for pursuing studies in this program, including a description of prior experience.
- Two confidential letters of recommendation: Referees (Teachers, guidance counselors, or Professors) should comment on academics and that references should submit along with the application system.
- Proof that students have enough money to support themselves during their stay in Canada.
- Letters of reference or any other documents the visa office tell students to bring.
Career and Placement after Course
Followings are the Job opportunities after MBA:
- Account Manager
- Equity Research Analysts
- Manager Consultant
- Marketing Manager
- Relationship Management
- Corporate Banking
- Trade Finance Services