Northern Alberta Institute of Technology: Rankings, Courses, Admissions, Tuition Fee, Cost of Attendance & Scholarships
Northern Alberta Institute of Technology located in Edmonton has been providing excellent Higher education in Canada to students for the past 50 years. The campus was officially opened in 1963 with 3,633 full time students. At present, the institute is home to more than 16,400 students of which, 1900 students come from 88 different countries.
The institute offers full time as well as part-time courses in various programs. The University has significantly contributed to inspiring students to study in Canada, all thanks to the 2,700 staff members working there. NAIT believes in offering practical knowledge as well and thus has a partnership with around 64 industries. On average, 98% of employer satisfaction has been obtained from the students of the institute.
The University has courses related to technology and Administration and has application deadlines in the month of September and February depending on the course. The University has an alumni Network of 200,000 members showing its global presence. It has reflected its name in the Top Universities of Canada for being a leading apprenticeship trainer offering 30 registered traders programs.
The North Albert institute of technology has the following Rankings recently:
- #2123 in World rankings given by UniRank 2020.
- #2496 in World rankings by EduRank 2020.
|Type of University||Public|
|Housing capacity||Not available|
|Programs offered||Undergraduate level|
|Test scores accepted||IELTS, TOEFL, PTE.|
|Financial Aid||Scholarships and loans|
|Academic calendar||Semester based|
|Application Deadlines||September or February.|
Programs, Campus and Accommodation
- There are four campuses of the institute out of which 3; Main, Patricia, and South campus are in Edmonton and Spruce Grove Crane and Hoist campus are in Spruce Grove.
- The campus has facilities such as on-campus dining, online shopping, parking, etc.
- Moreover, the institute has more than 70 student clubs and organizations. Also, they have student-run media consisting of News TV shows, NAIT newspapers, and NR92 radio shows.
- The main campus has the HP center, Centre of applied sciences, and other facilities. The Patricia campus has the School of Skilled trades, Souch campus has training programs such as iron maker, boilermaker, plate fitter, etc. The Spruce Grove campus houses the Crane and Hoisting Equipment Operator apprentice programs.
- The Northern Alberta Institute of Technology does not offer on-campus housing to its students. Housing is available at the campus residences of the University of Alberta and MacEwan University.
- The campus residences are furnished and unfurnished. All the residences provide facilities to the students’ such as study room, fitness, and recreation facilities, free wireless internet, dining and grocery options, laundry service, parking and much more.
- The university residences are a train or bus ride away from the campus of Northern Alberta Institute of Technology.
- Napisy House, Newton Place and Hub are the three residence Halls available in Alberta Campus, while MacEwan University provides a double bedroom, four bedrooms, bachelor’s suite with luxurious facilities.
- The institute offers more than 80 credit programs which can lead to degrees, applied degrees, certificates and diplomas.
- The bachelor’s degree is offered in Baccalaurean Second Language programs Administration, Technology Management and Applied degrees which include Network Management, Finance.
- The programs are offered as full time courses, apprenticeships, and even as part-time courses.
- English as a Second Language program is offered to international students, these students get a conditional admission.
- The University not only teaches in classrooms, but also provides real exposure to the students by involving them in real projects in collaboration with companies.
Northern Alberta institute of technology application Process
Admissions at Northern Institute of Technology observe nearly similar procedures for both domestic and international candidates. The details for the same are as mentioned below.
How to apply?
Application Portal: Apply online at the official website
Application Fee: Not mentioned
Basic Admission requirements:
- Official transcripts of high school or college translated in English.
- English Language Proficiency Test scores.
- Scores Entrance Exams to Study in Canada such as GMAT or GRE.
- Letter of recommendation.
- Copy of Passport or student Visa.
- English Proficiency Test Marks: The following tests are accepted by the institute;
- IELTS= overall 6.5 bands with 6.5 in the Speaking component, 6.0 in the Reading component, 6.0 in the Listening component, and 6.0 in the Writing component.
- Internet-based TOEFL with 23 in the Speaking component, 20 in the Reading component, 20 in the Listening component, and 20 in the Writing component.
- NAIT English Language Proficiency with 75% or higher in each component.
- NAIT’s Level 6 courses NEAP611, NEAP621, and NEAP631 with 60% or higher in each course.
- Canadian Language Benchmarks Assessment with a minimum test score of 8 in each component/
Northern Alberta Institute of technology cost of Attendance
- The tuition fee depends on the program you apply to. However, the average fee per year ranges between 18,000 to 27,000 CAD
- Healthcare is free even for international students in Edmonton. The table below mentions the Cost of Living in Canada and attending the University for one year.
|Tuition Fee||18,000- 27,000 CAD|
|Books and Supplies||2,400 CAD|
|Transit Pass||340 CAD|
|Recreation and Athletic Fee||140 CAD|
|Rent Off-campus (2 bedrooms, shared or 1 bedroom apartment downtown)||7,200- 9,600 CAD|
|Food and Miscellaneous Off- campus||5,000 CAD|
The Northern Alberta Institute of Technology spends over 6.8 million CAD for student scholarships and awards. There are a number of Scholarships in Canada for international students. Some are listed below:
|Alberta Veterinary Medical Association||1,100 CAD||Second-year student in the Animal Health Technology program at the NAIT Edmonton Campus.|
|Abe and Joyce Weissenborn Bursary||1,000 CAD||Students enrolled in the second semester of the Petroleum Engineering Technology program at NAIT.
Students must have a score of 70% minimum in the first semester.
|Cliff Cameron Bursary||1,000 CAD||First, second, third & fourth-year students in any full-time program at NAIT|
- The University has a wide alumni network of 200,000 alumni in 95 countries.
- As NAIT alumni there are many advantages offered such as alumni events, Gym membership cards, dining options on campus, insurance on discounted rates on cars, home, condo, dental and health insurance. Some of the insurance companies are the TD Insurance Meloche Monnex program, Manulife Insurance, etc.
- Alumni are eligible for scholarships especially for alumni if they wish to continue studies. They also have access to NAIT’s advisors for jobs or career paths.
- Some notable alumni of the University are:
- Gil Cardinal (Canadian filmmaker)
- Olivia Cheng (Canadian actress)
- Kevin Martin (Canadian curler)
Students are provided placements through career fairs and events hosted by companies. Over 80 companies attend the career fair annually and bringing a resume is essential to get a job or increase connections. 89% of the alumni get High- paying jobs in Canada within 9 months of completing their education. Moreover, Career Connect allows students and alumni to apply for jobs posted by external employees.
FIND A PROGRAM
Application Portal : https://www.nait.ca/nait/international
I was looking for a bachelor of technology course which can be completed in 2-3 years and that is when I found this college. I went through a lot of reviews of the college and the course and found them to be convincing enough to join the college. I applied to the college online with a free online application.
Course Curriculum :
The course first deals with all the majors of engineering in the first, along with that a good grasp on mathematics, physics and chemistry is also ensured. The main aspect of the course is that it teaches problem-solving with that technology and science.
I searched all the best schools and I found NAIT on top. I did graduation from India in sciences and decided to pursue further studies in Canada. I heard a lot about NAIT that most of the students got placements in different industries from NAIT. I checked all the requirements and luckily I fulfilled all those requirements and finally got admission.
I like study of chemicals. To get in this program, math, physics, chemistry is important and IELTS score should not be less than 6 in each module and must have above 70% in grade 12. In graduation degree, there should be at least 70% marks to get easy placed. At NAIT there are about 30 students in my batch and in each semester we have 24 credits.
Shorter program lengths, 2 years instead of 4 years. Also teach what Industry wants, making it easier to find a job after. They use very practical examples to make it easier to learn, understand and retain.
Course Curriculum :
90% of the classes are needed for an understanding of the program. But there are a few that aren't needed. Give you a little bit of everything before you need to specialize. And after that, you can be fairly open with what classes you are wanting to take.
- Bus Station
- Book Store
- Shopping Mall
- Super Market
*All distance are measured radially. Actual distance may vary