Bachelor of Science in Nursing [B.S.N]
Field of Study
International Student Tution
- The Bachelor of Science in Nursing at Canadore College is a 4-year program.
- This program offered on a full-time basis.
- A student is required to complete 120 credits Successfully.
- This program focus on main following areas:
- Nursing theory and practice
- Microbiology, molecular and cell biology
- Nursing in specialized settings
- Developmental psychology
- Human anatomy and physiology
- 89.3 per cent of Canadore College students secure employment in their field in six months after graduation
- The student to faculty ratio for the nursing program is 14:1.
- This program contains only course work.
- The nursing program leads to a BScN awarded by Canadore's partnering institution, Nipissing University.
- Students may have job opportunities as Hospitals Clinics, Long-term care facilities, Public health, Home nursing, etc.
|Degree Type Offered||Bachelor|
|Fees||$ 31528 for 4 years|
|Delivery Type||full time|
|Admission Intake||fall (Deadline - Feb 1)|
Eligibility & Entry Requirement
- Students have to submit an Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) with six 4U (University preparation)/4M (University/College preparation) credits including English, Biology, and Chemistry.
- Students have a minimum GPA of 2.7/4.0 (B grade).
- Students with the age of 19 years or more without the Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) will be considered on the basis of their results on the College's Mature Student Test.
Required Document List
Followings are the required document:
- Official Transcripts: Students must be required to submit a copy of their original transcripts.
- Letter of Recommendation: Students need to submit two letters of recommendation.
- ELP Scores: Students need to submit proof of English proficiency from the school or testing authority.
- Statement of purpose: Explain the reasons or intentions for pursuing studies in this program, including a description of prior experience.
|fall||Feb 1, 2022|
Fees & Funding
Tution & Application Fees
|Year||Year 1||Year 2||Year 3||Year 4|
|Books and Supply||$227||$227||$227||$227|
|Head||Avg Cost Per Year|
Scholarship Grants & Financial Aids
|Name||Amount||International Students Eligible||Application Deadline|
|Jared J. Davis Grant||$ 1000||Yes||N/A|
|Microsoft Tuition Scholarship||Variable||Yes||N/A|
|Debesh Kamal Scholarship||$ 1385||Yes||Apr 30, 2020|
|Axol Science Scholarship||$ 2000||Yes||Jul 1, 2020|
VISA & Work Study
- Students may require both a Student Visa and a Temporary Visitor Visa (TRV).
- Students need these documents for student visa application:
- Acceptance letter and acceptance information form from Canadore College
- Receipt from the college for student confirming deposit
- Evidence of good character and, if applicable, a letter from their sponsor
- Evidence of adequate funds to live and study in Canada for the duration of the program
- Certificate of medical clearance.
- The Canadore Work-Study Program provides part-time, on-campus employment to eligible students.
- Canadore College has been collaborating to create greater opportunities for international students to work for the firm part-time.
The Canadore Work-Study Program offers students 10 hours a week working within many college departments.
Career and Placement after Course
After a bachelor of science in Nursing followings are the career/job opportunities:
- Long-term care facilities
- Public health
- Home nursing