Canadore College: Rankings, Courses, Admissions, Tuition Fee, Cost of Attendance & Scholarships
Established in 1967, Canadore College is a public institution with campuses across North Bay and Ontario. With an urban setting, the college offers an array of full-time and part-time, degree, diploma and certificate programs. The diploma programs offered by Canadore are approved by the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities.
Each year more than 1,000 students graduate from the college setting the highest graduation rates in Ontario. The college has an approximate enrollment of 5,600 full-time students in over 80 diploma programs representing over 400 communities across the world. Additionally, 3,000 students are enrolled in part-time programs. With over 47,000 active alumni around the world, Canadore has one of the highest student satisfaction rates among other colleges in Canada.
|Location||North Bay, Ontario|
|No. of Campuses||4|
|Student Retention Rate||80%|
|Mode of Program||Full time, Part-time and Online|
|Accepted English Language Test Scores||IELTS|
|Financial Aid||Scholarships, bursaries|
Canadore College Campus
- Canadore College has 3 campuses in the North Bay area known as the Aviation Campus, Commerce Court, and Education Centre.
- North Bay city is at a distance of 180 minutes from Toronto and Ottawa.
- The city is easy accessible by bus, car or plane.
- The City of North Bay offers regular bus transit to College Drive, Commerce Court and Aviation campuses. All college students receive a Canadore student card to avail this service.
- The College also has a new campus in Parry Sound, Ontario between Barrie and Sudbury.
- The Harris Learning Library of the college is one of the largest among other libraries in the Ontario college system.
- Students can enjoy leisure time by taking advantage of the free gym service, fitness room, ski trails, walking trails, etc.
- The College is an active participant in the Ontario Colleges Athletic Association (OCAA) and organized more than 40 recreational activities on campus supported by the Panther Athletic Council (PAC).
Canadore College Residence
- Students can opt for on-campus or off-campus accommodation.
- Accommodation for international students is available only on the North Bay campus that can accommodate 675 students.
- The average annual residence fee is 11,800 CAD which covers all major fees including room, residence association fees, Wi-Fi, cable connection and other utilities.
- Students can also enjoy facilities such as fitness room, TV, game room, laundry, 24/7 front desk staff, etc.
- Rooms offer double extra-long bed, closet, desk and chair, high speed internet and kitchen equipped with full size refrigerator, preparation area, kitchen chair and table.
- Students in the traditional-style residence halls enroll in the All Access Meal Plan while students in the suite-style residence complex have the option of the Reduced Meal Plan.
Canadore College Courses
- Canadore College offers around 170 certificates and diplomas and more than 357 courses.
- Students can choose from a variety of disciplines including Aviation Technology, Business and Management, Community Justice and Police Studies, Culinary Arts, Environmental Studies and Biotechnology, Language, and more.
- The College offers various academic credentials such as Bachelor of Science in Nursing, Apprenticeship, Certificate, Dual Credit, Ontario College Advanced Diploma, Ontario College Diploma, Ontario College Certificate and Ontario College Graduate Certificate.
- The institute follows a flexible mode of programs with full-time and part-time study options.
Top Programs in Canadore University
|Programs||Fees Per Annum||Admissions Requirements|
|B.Sc Nursing||$7,057||OSSD with six (6) 4U/4M credits including English, Biology,
and Chemistry (A minimum 70% average is required); TOEFL/ IELTS
|Diploma in Business||$9,575||OSSD or equivalent, ENG4C or ENG4U, any Gr 11 Math (C) or (U); TOEFL/ IELTS|
|Diploma in Business – Accounting||$9,597||OSSD or equivalent, ENG4C or ENG4U, any Gr 11 Math (C) or (U); TOEFL/ IELTS|
|Diploma in Mechanical Engineering-Technician||$9,597||OSSD or equivalent, ENG4C or ENG4U, Grade 12 Math (C), or (U),
Recommended courses include: MCT4C and SPH4C or SPH4U; TOEFL/ IELTS
|Diploma in Civil Engineering – Technology||$9,597||OSSD or equivalent, ENG4C or ENG4U, any 12 Math (C), or (U); TOEFL/ IELTS|
|Diploma in Early Childhood Education||$9,597||OSSD or equivalent, ENG4C or ENG4U; TOEFL/ IELTS|
|Advanced Diploma in Computer Programmer Analyst||$9,597||-|
|Advanced Diploma in Environmental Technology||$9,597||-|
|Advanced Diploma in Game Design and Development||$9,597||-|
|Advanced Diploma in Graphic Design||$9,597||-|
|Diploma in Practical Nursing||$11,900||-|
|Diploma in Public Relations||$9,597||-|
Canadore College Application Process
The application process of Canadore College is the same for all. However, international candidates who wish to study in Canada must apply for a study permit. Applications are available 4-5 months before the program start date and are processed within one day or one week depending on the bulk of applications received.
How to Apply?
The requirements for admission to Canadore College are summarized below:
Application Fee: 100 CAD
- Intakes for January 2021 are closed for international students.
- Intakes for May 2021 will be available from November 16, 2020.
- Intakes for September 2021 is expected to open in late November.
Admission Requirements: Following documents must be submitted along with the application for admission:
- Transcripts from all previously attended institutions.
- Proof of English language proficiency
- Minimum IELTS score of 6.0 in each language skill.
- Test Scores for GMAT, GRE (if required by the program)
- Specific subject requirements such as math or physics
- Work experience
Canadore College Cost of Attendance
- The tuition fee for various programs differs from course on the course. Some of them are given in table below:
|Course||Tuition Fee (in CAD)|
|B.Sc. in Nursing||6,937|
|Civil Engineering - Technology||12,795|
|Computer Systems - Networking Technology||12,795|
|Health Care Administration||12,795|
- All international students are required to pay an ancillary fee of 1,123 CAD that cover expenses such as technology support, health plan, student council fee, etc.
- Other expenses to be incurred by an international student on account of cost of living in Canada are summarized below:
|Expense||Estimated Cost (in CAD)|
|Books and Supplies||2,000|
|Personal Expenses (per week)||500|
Canadore College Scholarships/Financial Aid
- Canadore College has very limited financial aid opportunities for its students.
- Scholarships are awarded on the basis of academic excellence, attendance and contribution to the college and classroom.
- In the previous year, 144 deserving students received scholarships.
- International students seeking financial aid will have to apply for assistance in their home country. Students can take advantage of various scholarships for studying in Canada.
- International students are eligible to work on campus under the work-study program for a maximum 20 hours per week and full-time during holidays. To be eligible, students must maintain full-time status and acceptable academic standards.
- To be eligible to work off-campus, students require a Canadian Work Permit. It takes 6-8 weeks to obtain a work permit. Students also need to obtain a Social Insurance Number (SIN) for receiving benefits and services from the government programs.
Canadore College Alumni Network
- Canadore College has an alumni network of over 45,000 members. There are numerous benefits offered by the Alumni Office for keeping in touch with all members.
- Special events, volunteering opportunitiesare organized throughout the year. Alumni members also have access to the university’s career resources.
- Canadore alumni also have lifetime access to facilities including the Harris Learning Library.
- Some notable alumni include:
- Sara Mayhew - Writer and Manga artist
- Kevin Frankish - Canadian TV Presenter
- Susan Hay - Canadian TV Presenter
Canadore College Placements
Canadore College provides its students with several job search portals, job programs, and job groups to engage in and find job opportunities in Canada. The average annual salary of a Canadore College graduate is estimated to be around 70,000 CAD. Above 70% of graduates are engaged in full-time employment and around 10% indulge in further studies. Various workshops and meetups are also held by the institute to provide opportunities to the candidates.
FIND A PROGRAM
|total faculty||full time||part time||graduate assistants|
My college took pride in creating the best possible environment for learning and is the college of choice for us from across the province and around the world. They focus on student success, program and service excellence, connection to the community, sustainability, and innovation. My GPA was 8. I had to submit a common application for $100 as the application fee.
Course Curriculum :
Prepare to launch an exciting and rewarding career in the business field. Learn to develop strategic business plans and navigate economic influences affecting the global market through business simulations and working with real clients. Whether you go on to work for yourself or a large corporation or continue your education, the opportunities are endless.
Since my family relocated to the Canada, I began searching for opportunities to further my education here. My dream of studying in the Canada was becoming a reality. I applied to this university because it was the closest to where I was living. To apply my application, I was led to an online portal, I had to pay a $100 application charge.
Course Curriculum :
In terms of theory and application, I had a well-balanced course program. We had the ideal mix of classroom seminars and laboratory sessions in which we put our new found experience into effect. We were introduced to a range of industry-standard concepts and practices. All the subjects like management, consumer behavior, finance were covered.
I applied or five to six colleges based on my major qualifications, but I was only admitted to this one. So, to be qualified for admission into my major, I filled out an online application form and added a personal essay, two letters of recommendation, financial proof, and my test scores. The filing fee was $100, which I had to pay.
Course Curriculum :
To test our leadership skills, the course combined theory and experience. It covered topics such as international management, financial accounting, organisational behaviour, marketing, and strategic management, as well as optional electives such as leadership, industrial organisation, team dynamics, and entrepreneurship.
I choose this university because it is fully committed to our success and this kind of dedication means that they welcome feedback from current and prospective students, parents, faculty, staff, alumni, and community members as they continue to enrich our experience here. My GPA was 7, and I had to submit an application form for an application fee of $95.
Course Curriculum :
The course covers accounting for corporations, long-term debt, debt and share investments, the statement of cash flow, financial statement analysis, and the framework for financial accounting.
My college took pride in creating the best possible environment for learning and is the college of choice for us from across the province and around the world. The focus is on our success, program and service excellence, connection to the community, sustainability, and innovation. My GPA was around 8.4. I had to submit a online application fee of $95.
Course Curriculum :
Prepare to launch an exciting and rewarding career in the business field. Learn to develop strategic business plans and navigate economic influences affecting the global market through business simulations and working with real clients. Whether we go on to work for yourself or a large corporation or continue our education, the opportunities are endless.
- Bus Station
- Book Store
- Shopping Mall
- Super Market
*All distance are measured radially. Actual distance may vary