Canadore College was inaugurated in the year 1967 in North Bay which is 180 minutes north of Toronto. The college focuses on student success, program and service excellence, connection to the community along with sustainability and creativity. It has a strong alumni network of 40,000 alumni. Nearly, 1000 students graduate every year from the college.
Ranking and Standings
- Stands at 130th place among colleges in Canada.
- Colleges and Institutes Canada (CICan) has awarded Shawn Chorney, vice-president of enrolment management, Indigenous and student services, with CICan Leadership Excellence Award, 2018.
- February 2018- OCAA recognized five elite student-athletes for outstanding performance in sports activities
- Two-years IION- Canadore Skills Training in Advanced Manufacturing & Production.
- Received a CAD 149,858 grant from the Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR) to explore the impact of Indigenous cultural continuity on the physical health and overall well-being of postsecondary success.
- The Village project- focuses on collaborative interprofessional education, Indigenous Eastern and Western healing and wellness practices.
- The college will introduce The energy-efficient building systems online course in Fall 2018 in accordance with the province of Ontario’s Climate Change Action Plan.
- Canadore was one of the first sponsors of the Ford’s World Women’s Curling Championship, 2018.
- Highest graduation rate in Ontario.
|Type of College||Public|
|Test Scores Accepted||TOEFL, IELTS|
|The medium of the course||English|
Campus and Residential Facilities
- Location- 180 minutes north of Toronto.
- Three campuses spread over 650 acres; easily accessible.
- Recently added a new campus: Parry Sound, Ontario; located between Barrie and Sudbury.
- Total number of campuses: 7
- Name of the campuses: Aviation Campus, Commerce Court, College Drive, West Parry Sound, Stanford Scarborough, Stanford Toronto, and Stanford Mississauga Campus
- The Education Center, Residence, Student Center, parking lots, and the Robert Surtees Athletic Centre are equipped with 24x7 operative security cameras.
- Emergency Preparedness Plan and has Administration and Security Staff to give a quick response to any unalarmed crisis.
- Health Care Center to provide an array of medical services to the students and employees.
Canadore offers residence to the students with different nationalities in the North Bay campus only.
- Apartment available with two private bedrooms for each student
- Facilities- Internet Access, Closet, Desk & chair, TV, and Kitchen area
- Additional services- front desk services, maintenance services, laundry services; large multi-purpose room, lounges, and fitness room.
- Choice to make single or split payment and make a security deposit of CAD 300.
- Apply online in February/ March; application is accepted at first come first serve basis.
Canadore College offers Full-time, Part-time, Apprenticeship, and Dual Credit programs in its curriculum.
- 121 full-time programs
- 30 Certificates, 2 Diploma programs, 9 Apprenticeship program, and 22 Dual Credit programs
- Medium of Education: English
- Choice to opt for campus study, online, or take distance education.
- The Early Childhood Education – Anishinaabemowin Diploma Program is the 1st of its type in Ontario.
All About Application Process
The application process is same for all. However, candidates must read the instructions carefully before applying for admission.
- All official academic transcripts
- Not all courses offered by the college require English Proficiency test score.
- Students whose first language is not English must take the English Proficiency Test. The eligible test scores are:
- TOEFL: 550 (Paper-Based) and 213 (Computer-Based) or 80 (Internet-Based)
- IELTS: Band score of minimum 5.5
- SPP in India requires minimum 6.0 IELTS Score
- OSSD or equivalent with ENG 4C, 4U or Grade 12 Math (C or U).
How To Apply at Canadore College
The college will begin admission process in September 2018; apply viz. official website of the college.
Steps to Apply
- Visit the website of the college, https://www.canadorecollege.ca/
- Choose the subject of your interest.
- Apply for admission with all the valid details
- Submit the supporting documents
- Pay the application fee
- Complete the application form
Pay an application fee of CAD 100
Cost and Expenses
The basic tuition fee for full-time, part-time, and apprenticeship programs varies from course-to-course. Here is a brief fees detail of different programs.
Additionally, CAD 1667- an ancillary fee for international students
Part-time Course Fee
|Part-time||CAD 315.40- CAD 1076.95|
Scholarships, Financial Grants, and Bursaries
Canadore College runs a financial assistance program for the full-time or part-time financially weak candidates.
- 144 scholarships- based on the candidate’s academic excellence, attendance, and contribution to the classroom.
- Scholarship Application- from November 1 to December 15.
- Scholarship Notification- March.
- Online bursaries, discretionary bursary, and emergency loans to the students.
- Except for online bursaries, application form for all is made available at the Financial Aid Office of the college.
- Bursaries Application- from October 1 to October 31.
- Notification- November or March via mail.
- Anishinabek Student Excellence Award 2018 for Anishinabek First Nation student at the post-secondary level for academic excellence.
- The award is worth CAD 2500 each.
- Chaney-Ensign Bursary Fund
- CLWD Educational Bursary
- Indspire Awards
- The Synergize Scholarship Fund
Work while Study
College offers part-time and summer works to help students take their first steps towards their professional career. The college runs two programs:
- Canadore Work Study Program: Part-time job opportunity that students could pursue while studying.
- On-Campus Job iCanWork: Work on-campus during summer break and gain professional experience through this program.
The college runs E-Hub, E-Hub Services, and E-Hub Resources portal for the students to frame their professional career while completing their degree.
- E-Hub: Promotes entrepreneurial cultural on-campus and provides necessary resources to help the students revamp their entrepreneurial skills.
- E-Hub Services: Provides mentoring and coaching to the students who want to run their own business. Support in the form of grants and resources, mentorship program, and internship opportunities.
- E-Hub Resources: This online portal has tools & videos and funding & support services to help the job seekers connect with the best opportunity.
The alumni of the college receive several benefits if stayed in touch with the Alumni Office of the college. Canadore offers several partnership programs, services and career opportunities to the alumni.
- Affinity Partnership: Life insurance contracts, home and auto insurance, the discount of hotel reservations, banquet halls reservations, etc.
- Career opportunities: Alumni can use the Canadore College Job Portal to access personalized career opportunities and reach new heights of success.
- Lifetime access to Education Center, library, and also the fitness center
- Special invitation to CCA sponsored activities
- Alumni credit card access
- Children of Alumni Bursaries
Some notable mentions:
- Adam Bembridge: Licensed Aircraft Maintenance Engineer
- Kelly Crawford: Principal of Academics at Kenjgewin Teg Educational Institute (KTEI)
- Susan Hay: Veteran broadcaster and TV host and served Global Toronto for 25 years
- Jim Eady: CEO and founder of Broadcast Services International Inc.
- Dana Hauser: First female executive chef in the entire Fairmont brand.