College Boreal: Rankings, Courses, Admissions, Tuition Fee, Cost of Attendance & Scholarships
Officially opened in September 1995, College Boreal is a Francophone community college for applied arts and technology located primarily in Sudbury, Ontario. It has seven campuses in all four corners of the province. Over 18,000 students graduated from the college over the years. The goal of the college is to serve the French speaking community by producing a bilingual workforce who would be committed to the economic, social and cultural aspects of the province.
College Boreal has the highest student satisfaction rate and graduation rate among 24 community colleges in Ontario. Boreal has stood out in all the 5 key performance indicators determined by the Ministry of Colleges and Universities. The college has consistently ranked #1 with a graduation rate of 76.30% in the province for the 18th time in 19 years. It has the top rank in student satisfaction rate (87%) across the province. Graduates of the college have expressed their satisfaction from the college experience and 93% would recommend this college to interested individuals.
|No. of Campuses||7|
|Campus Accommodation||Available (only on Sudbury campus)|
|Language Proficiency Requirements||French and English|
|Mode of Program||Full-time/ Part-time/ Online|
|Medium of Instruction||French/ English|
|Financial Aid||Scholarships, Bursaries|
College Boreal Campus
- The main campus of the Boreal College is situated in Sudbury.
- The College has six campuses located at Hearst, Kapuskasing, Nipissing, Timmins, Toronto and Windsor.
- Some features of the Sudbury campus are:
- The main building of the Sudbury Campus covers 40,000 square metres and consists of restaurants, workshops, a state of the art 350-seat amphitheater, specialized laboratories, recording studio, art galleries, etc.
- Various social, intellectual and sports events and activities are organised at the Sudbury campus.
- 51 programs are offered on this campus.
- It is the only residential campus of the college that offers 138 rooms.
- Each campus has a convenient location and offers several facilities and services to make it easy for students to adjust.
- The Toronto campus offers over 20 programs in French language.
College Boreal Residence
- Only Sadbury campus of College Boreal offers residential options among the other campuses.
- There are 138 rooms for students with excellent housing facilities.
- The amenities available in the accommodations include kitchen, bathroom, laundry rooms, study space, multipurpose rooms for recreation, WiFi, telephone, cable services, common areas, etc.
- Rooms are well furnished with a double bed, drawers, a closet, a desk and chair
- A plethora of interesting events and activities like theme nights, pool and card tournaments, movie nights, are organised for students to communicate with each other.
- Located in a quiet wooded area, the college offers a wide range of services nearby like pub, health services, dental clinic, ATM machine, cafeteria, etc.
- Students are allocated rooms by the selection committee based on their needs and lifestyles.
College Boreal Courses
- College Boreal offers several post secondary college courses in its seven campuses.
- A total of 80+ programs are offered by the College Boreal.
- The College offers online programs, apprenticeship programs, continuing education and corporate training, upgrading programs and CNFS programs.
- The postsecondary college programs are offered under seven departments namely:
- Computer Science
- Environment and Natural Resources
- Trade and Applied Technology
- Health Sciences
- Community Services
- General Arts and Science
- The courses are either in French or English language
- The credentials available are Ontario College Advanced Diploma, Ontario College Certificate, Ontario College Diploma and Ontario College Graduate Certificate.
College Boreal Application Process
College Boreal accepts applications through the Ontario Colleges Application Service (OCAS). The applicants can select up to five courses of their choice (maximum 3 programs per college) using a single application. Applicants are notified about the admission decision by February 1 via mail to their residential address. Students must accept or decline the offer by May 1.
How to Apply?
International students seeking admission to College Boreal must take note of the following:
Application Portal: Ontario Colleges Application Service. College Boreal International application forms must be sent directly to the college.
Application Fee: 95 CAD
Application Deadline: No application deadlines
Basic Admission Requirements: The following requirements must be fulfilled to be eligible for admission:
- Applicants must have an Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or equivalent, such as ACE.
- Applicants who are 19 years or older and do not possess an Ontario Secondary School Diploma are enrolled as mature students if they meet the prerequisite requirements.
- The applicants are required to demonstrate minimum proficiency in English and French language to get accepted in the College Boreal.
The minimum French language proficiency scores required are:
|TFI||B2 and 650|
|TCF||B2 (level 2), 400-499|
The minimum English language proficiency scores required are:
- The international students must submit evaluation of their academic qualifications for Canadian equivalent scores by ICAS, or WES agencies.
Application Process: The following steps must be followed for admission:
- Choose your program and campus
- Check program requirements
- Fill our International Application for,
- Attach digitised copies of the below mentioned supporting documents:
- Transcripts of last attended institutions/ diplomas
- Official identity documents (birth certificate or passport)
- Official language proficiency test scores
- Pay 350 CAD application fee (300 CAD will be tuition fees but non refundable)
- Send all the above mentioned documents to email@example.com
College Boreal Cost of Attendance
- Tuition fees for domestic and international students at the College Boreal are different and also depends on the choice of program.
- A summary of the cost of attendance to be incurred for studying at the college are as follows:
|Expense||Amount (in CAD)|
|Tuition fees + Ancillary Fees||573 – 7,422|
|Part time Course fee/hour||6.8 – 9.4|
- The fee structure for international students is as follows:
|Expense||Amount (in CAD)|
|Tuition Fee + Ancillary||2,438 – 21,620|
|Part time courses’ tuition fee/hour||17.36 - 19.96|
|Residence/Housing Sudbury Campus||6,030|
College Boreal Scholarships/Financial Aid
- Students will receive scholarships up to 10,000 CAD per year with the help of the Ontario student assistance program. It is a need-based scholarship awarded to students who require financial assistance to pay for their post secondary studies.
- Some of the scholarships offered by the College Boréal include
- Daniel Giroux Bursary - 2,000 CAD is awarded to students with remarkable academic and sporting achievements.
- Pierre Riopel Bursary - Students are awarded 2,000 CAD for participation in community involvement.
- Gisèle Chrétien Bursary - 2,000 CAD is awarded to students who demonstrate distinction in perseverance.
- Jean Watters Award - Students with distinction in leadership and associations are awarded 2,000 CAD.
- College Boréal Foundation Bursary of Excellence - 2,000 CAD is awarded to the students who receive distinction in perseverance, independence and resourcefulness.
- A total of 1,000 CAD is awarded for academic achievement to students from health sciences, business, trade, etc. departments.
College Boreal Alumni Network
- College Boréal has an alumni association of over 17,000 members.
- There are a plethora of benefits and perks of being a part of the college’s alumni. Some of the benefits offered by the college to the alumni are:
- Free career counselling and employment services
- Low cost room rentals in the college access centres and campuses for conferences and other events
- Lifetime library access
- COOPs catering services
- Discount on professional development courses
- Discounts on car rentals and hotel rooms
- Life and health insurance
- Banking products like credit cards and bank accounts
College Boreal Placements
- 86.50% of Boréal College graduates found employment within six months of graduation.
- 93% of the employers that hired students at the College Boreal are seen to be highly satisfied with the students.
- The college provides its students with a dynamic working environment wherein innovations are promoted.
- The Career Center of the college provides numerous career services including:
- Support with preparation of CV and Cover Letter
- Individual Employment Consultation
- Classroom Workshops
- Job Bulletin Boards
- List of Career Planning Websites and Job Search Career Fairs
- Interviewing Techniques and Skills
- Boreal Guarantee Initiative
- Some of the Employer Services include job posting service, visits and installation of kiosks on campus, and classroom presentations.
College Boreal FAQs
Ques. What is the IELTS Requirement at the College Boreal?
Ans. The IELTS requirement at the College Boreal is a minimum score of 4.5.
Ques. What is the international student tuition fee at the College Boreal?
Ans. The tuition fees for international students range from CAD 11,000 to CAD 20,000 depending on the program. The cost of attendance also includes other ancillary costs like technological equipment fees, student performance fees and records, sports and recreation fees, study support, career guidance, and others.
Ques. Where are the campuses of College Boreal located?
Ans. The seven campuses are located in Hearst, Kapuskasing, Nipissing, Sudbury, Timmins, Toronto, and Windsor.
Ques. Where is the main campus located?
Ans. The main campus is located in Sudbury and the location also has accommodation facilities available for domestic as well as international students. Students can apply for housing options online on the college website.
Ques. What is the employability rate at the College Boreal?
Ans. The employability rate seen at the College Boreal is 86.5%. 93% of the employers that hired students at the College Boreal are seen to be highly satisfied with the students.
Ques. How can I apply to the College Boreal?
Ans. The first step is to fill in the application request form and pay the application form of CAD 350 which is nonrefundable. Next, students will have to submit their Submit transcripts/diploma copies, Language proficiency test score, and a copy of the First page of their passport.
Ques. What are the admission requirements for international students for the program Business Administration-Accounting?
Ans. Online application, academic transcripts, proof of English/French proficiency, Math credit, some applicants may be asked to submit additional documents.
Ques. What are the requirements for the diploma program of Dental Hygiene at the College Boreal?
Ans. Online application, Academic transcripts, Proof of English/French proficiency, General first-aid certificate issued by an organisation, CPR requirements, Up to date immunizations, Criminal record check, and a WHMIS Certificate
Ques. What are the application deadlines at the College Boreal?
Ans. There are no specific application deadlines for any program at the College Boreal. The fall semester starts from June 1 and the Winter semester starts from October 1, students are advised to send in their applications at least 3 months before the semester starts.
Ques. Does the college provide accommodation facilities to international students?
Ans. Yes, the College Boreal offers accommodation to international as well as domestic students in the form of residential homes, the homes/apartments are available in the Sudbury residences. The capacity is 138 places. Each small apartment has a little kitchen along with a bathroom. Students can apply for the Sudbury residences through an online application form available on the college website.
FIND A PROGRAM
|total faculty||full time||part time||graduate assistants|
It's French, it opens a lot of opportunities in the French community, helps knowing more people, I knew it because it's hard for me to study in English, so this college is like studying in the Quebec province.
Course Curriculum :
Business administration is quite good, it's one of the hardest courses in the college but it's still very interesting, marketing and human resources are very easy and if you just attend the classes you can succeed.
- Bus Station
- Shopping Mall
- Super Market
- Book Store
*All distance are measured radially. Actual distance may vary