Campion College: Rankings, Courses, Admissions, Tuition Fee, Cost of Attendance & Scholarships
Founded in 1917, Campion College is the catholic college of Regina, based in the province of Saskatchewan. The college is federated with the University of Regina and is one of the top 100 institutes globally ranked higher education institutes of Canada by webometrics. It has 20 full-time professors and is also one of the 190 Jesuit post-secondary institutions, worldwide.
The institute offers several study areas, including, Astronomy, Catholic Studies, English, Film Studies, History, Humanities, Mathematics, Philosophy, Political Science, Psychology, Statistics, and Theatre Studies. Graduates of the college are entitled to a University of Regina degree and a Campion College certificate. The organization has a student satisfaction rate of nearly 87% and is one of the coveted choices among international applicants which can help you land high-paying jobs in Canada.
Admissions at Campion College are available in 3 intakes of fall, winter and spring and charges a nonrefundable fee of 100 CAD. With an acceptance rate of around 76%, the institute is indeed a lightly competitive college in the country.
The college’s Canada Ranking according to webometrics- 124
|Type of University||Public|
|Full- time Students Enrolled||640|
|Part-time Students Enrolled||70|
|Undergraduate Full-Time Programs||149|
|Annual Acceptance Rate||76%|
|Test Scores Accepted||IELTS - 6.5 overall, TOEFL- 80|
Programs, Campus and Accommodation
- Campion College is situated on the main campus of the University of Regina.
- The campus is located on treaty 4 land and set in one of the largest urban parks in North America.
- Situated in one of the largest urban parks in North America, it is located at an easily accessible location of 3737 Wascana Parkway, Regina, SK and is at close quarters from the huge Wascana Centre.
- Campion is an associate member of the Association of Jesuit Colleges and Universities (AJCU).
- The college is also a part of Alpha Sigma Nu, the international honor society for Jesuit institutions of higher learning.
- There are approximately 700 students studying liberal arts, science, media, performing arts, etc., at Campion.
- It is also home to the Provincial Legislature and an array of cultural recreational activities.
- The college is located on the main campus of University of Regina; hence the students are eligible to live in on-campus housing provided by the university.
- It offers four living options open for all students namely, Kisik Towers, La Residence, Paskwaw and Wakpa towers and College West.
- Kisik Towers, a 14-storey building includes two-bedroom/four-bedroom apartments, studio apartments and single dorms with private washrooms.
- La Residence offers 50 dorm rooms and provides a microwave and a fridge.
- Paskwaw and Wakpa towers have apartment style rooms including a shared kitchen, common living space and washrooms.
- College west has an assortment of apartment style, like, 2-bedroom apartments, two-storey, 7-bedroom apartments, etc.
- The college, in collaboration with the University of Regina, offers a range of courses for international students in the faculties of Arts, Sciences, and Media, Art, and Performance.
- The university also offers pre-professional programs for its applicants
- The college offers BA in fields like economics, English, Journalism, history, philosophy, etc.
- BSc degree is also offered at Campion, in various fields like Biology, Chemistry, Computer Technology, Physics, Software systems development.
- There’s a special program at the institute, where they allow the students to minor in Catholic studies.
- It has numerous pre-professional programs, which include the likes of, pre-agriculture and bioresources, pre-dentistry, pre-medical, pre-nutrition, etc.
Campion College Application Process
How and Where to Apply?
Campion College provides nearly the same application procedures for almost all the courses. Here are the simple steps for applying:
- Visit the website of the University of Regina
- Choose the program and the schedule
- Select Campion College as first preference.
- Submit the Online Application.
- Pay the Application Fee
- Submit all the required scores and other mandatory documents.
Application portal: University of Regina application form
Application fee: 100 CAN
Application deadline: August 15 (Fall)/November 1(Winter)/April 15(Spring/summer)
Biasc Admission requirements:
- High school transcripts.
- A list/schedule of high school courses.
International student admission requirements (India):
- Examination results of both 10th and 12th exams.’
- English language proficiency test scores.
- Copy of passport
- A statement in case of a break from education for 2+ years
English Proficiency requirements
Test scores acceptable at Campion College-
|Test Name||Minimum Score For UG Program||Minimum Score for Graduate Program|
|TOEFL||80- iBT, 550-PBT||80- iBT, 580-PBT|
|IELTS||6.5, with no band below 5.0||6.5, with no band below 6.0|
|CanTest||List- 4.5, Read-4.5, Write-4.0||
Campion College Cost of Attendance
For all the prospective candidates hoping to enroll at the institute in the upcoming sessional year, an estimated cost of living in Canada is as been tabulated below
|Type of Fee||Arts (CAD)||Business Admin (CAD)||Engineering (CAD)||Nursing (CAD)||Media, art and performance (CAD)|
|CCE online material fee||68/per course||68/per course||68/per course||68/per course||68/per course|
Scholarships/ Financial Aid
The college offers automatically awarded and application-based entrance scholarships in Canada for international students. The scholarships are for first-time first-year students. For the automatically awarded scholarships, students are judged based on their application form.
A few automatically awarded scholarship include,
|Award name||Amount (CAD)||Criteria||Semester|
|Archbishop O’Neill Memorial Scholarship||1,000||High school early conditional average marks||Fall|
|Campion college Centennial Indigenous Entrance Award||1,000||self-declared Indigenous student with highest Grade XII early conditional average||Fall|
|Dorothy Boyle Memorial Scholarship||1,000||High school early conditional average marks||Fall|
Some other Scholarships available at the institute based on academic and extracurricular performances and financial need are as compiled below.
|Harold J. Leibel Family Entrance Scholarship||CAD 1,000|
|Don and Claire Kramer Foundation Scholarship||CAD 6,000|
|Wolfe Family Entrance Scholarship||CAD 6,500|
|Mary Volk Memorial Entrance Scholarship||CAD 2500|
|Regina Archdiocesan Catholic Women's League Scholarship||CAD 1000|
|Dr. John M. and Regina Riffel Entrance Bursary||CAD 750|
|Jesuit Fathers Entrance Bursaries||CAD 500|
|Saskatchewan Knights of Columbus Bursaries||CAD 1000|
|Stuart Lefebvre Memorial Entrance & Continuing Bursaries||CAD 1,000|
- The college alumni receive awards and accolades for their achievement, as alumni of distinction.
- The Alumni of distinction winners get to give testimonials for the college magazine, ‘Brag’.
- Few notable alumni of Campion college include John Vernon, Canadian Actor. Clarence Spiegel, Football player. Donald Gilbert MacLennan, Civil servant and more.
The institute is federated with the University of Regina; hence students can access opportunities offered by the latter. U of R offers career exploration and counselling sessions for its students.
Career development sessions offered by the university include, Choosing/re-evaluating career direction, Interview prep, Customizing resumes and Career fair prep. The university hosts numerous career fairs throughout the year, like, spring career fair, volunteer fair, social work fair and many more.
Find a Program
Times Higher Education
Ranked #501 - #600
Ranked #501 - #600
Ranked #401 - #500
Ranked #251 - #300
I opted for this college because I wanted to pursue my bachelor's from Canada and this was one of the few courses which were affordable and had good reviews on the internet as well. I applied to it online with an application fee (payment made via demand draft) of $100.
Course Curriculum :
The course mainly involves the study of fundamental software development, information processing, and storage, computer architecture, and networks. It also has the prospect for specific research areas including Web search and retrieval systems, data mining, information retrieval and databases, parallel and distributed computing, computer graphics, artificial intelligence, expert systems, and scientific visualization
It's closest to my home so I saved costs not having to live in residence. I did early admission while I was still in high school. Admission fee was only $100. Good admissions scholarship for average over 95 percent. Took all science and math classes in high school with a good average so got accepted immediately.
Course Curriculum :
It is very challenging work, chemistry is a very hard degree to complete and many people in my year have already dropped out or switched to a different faculty.
The university is the closest university to my home town. I was happy that it was only 30 mins away from town. When I was originally applying to schools I had applied to the u of r for the nursing program. The nursing program at the u of r is one of the best ones in Canada and is the best in Saskatchewan. Even though I have changed majors to psychology. I am still happy with the school I chose!
Course Curriculum :
I really don't have very many complaints. However, I do not enjoy the classes I am required to take even though they have nothing to do with my major. These classes are such as two language classes, fine arts class and indigenous. I do understand that point in taking these classes as I'm doing a Bachelor of Arts In psychology at the u of r. However, it is hard to keep up a good mark in a class you really don't enjoy.
Nature had always been my love and concern. Right from planting a sapling to creating beautiful vegetation at the backyard of my house. When I was mulling over the prospects of taking up a career related to environmental protection, Campion College's Bachelor of Arts in Environmental Studies came as the first option. Though its a small college, it's housing amidst the sprawling campus of the University of Regina gives students the required access to those extraordinary resources available and I was swayed away by its vast infrastructure. Also, convincing my parents was a lot easier as they were very supportive and I ended up landing here by satisfying a few academic prerequisites along with submission of official transcripts from my high school, Visa, and other language documents. I was charged an application fee of $100 for taking admission to the college.
Course Curriculum :
My course is an interdisciplinary program that studies the natural environment as informed through the diverse perspectives of the social sciences, natural sciences, and the humanities. While studying this course I am looking critically at the various environmental issues, while developing practical skills and understanding to contribute to the future change.
Nature had always been my love and concern. Right from planting a sapling to creating beautiful vegetation at the backyard of my house, I was green-obsessed. When I was mulling over prospects of taking up a career related to environmental protection, Campion College's Bachelor of Arts in Environmental Studies came as the first option. Though its a small college, it's housing amidst the sprawling campus of the University of Regina gives students the required access to those extraordinary resources available and I was swayed away by its vast infrastructure. I submitted a few academic prerequisites along with the submission of official transcripts from my high school, Visa, and other language documents. I was charged an application fee of $100 for the online application through the official website.
Course Curriculum :
I was amazed at the way the classes took a direction and there was always a way to relax from those tight schedules being a part of the college's Students Union. Space often gave me the time to shed off my academic spectacle and take part in a number of sports and other events that gave me an opportunity to realize my hidden potential concurrently as I made a good social network.
- Shopping Mall
- Book Store
*All distance are measured radially. Actual distance may vary