Dawson College Admission 2021-2022, Requirement, Deadline & Acceptance Rate
Dawson College in downtown Quebec is the largest CEGEP in the region offering pre-university and career-oriented or technical programs along with certificate programs, general education, and complementary courses. It also offers continuing education programs such as adult education, credit courses, and non-credit courses.
A fifteen-week semester system is followed by Dawson College. The Fall semester commences in late August and the Winter semester begins in Mid-January. The application deadlines for international applicants looking to pursue higher education in Canada will depend on their status.
The college’s minimum admission requirement is the successful completion of the Quebec Diploma of Secondary Studies or its equivalent from another country. Dawson University Conducts testing on program pre-requisites for specific programs which will include subjects such as English, Maths, Chemistry, Physics, Science, or French to assess an applicant’s qualification. Failing to appear for the test may result in disqualification of the application.
- Around 92% of Dawson pre-university program graduates have been accepted to top Universities in Quebec and Canada.
- Technical programs offered by Dawson provide students with all the necessary skills and practice for pursuing university studies or entering the workforce in a related field.
- International students are offered financial aid in the form of various academic scholarships.
- Dawson University will process the application and communicate the decision to students post-March 1 deadline
|Application Portal||Online Application|
|Application fee( non-refundable)||30 + 50 CAD (for evaluation of secondary school credentials)|
|Mode of Payment||Online payment or international money order|
|Intake seasons||Fall and Winter|
Dawson University will also conduct portfolio review, audition, in-person interview, language testing during the month of April or May before rendering a final decision regarding Admission.
Dawson College Admission Deadlines
Dawson College has specific admission guidelines for international applicants. While the college invites applications in both the Fall and Winter seasons, the admissions are not open for everyone.
All international applicants are requested to check the Dawson College’s admission deadlines given below:
Application Start Date
Application Close Date
January 12, 2021
March 1, 2021
End of September
November 1, 2021
- Applicants who have temporary status in Canada but, require authorization to study in Quebec must apply only for the Fall session. The admission deadline for this session is March 1.
- Applicants who have already obtained the authorization to study in Quebec must only apply for the Winter session.
Dawson College International Admissions
Candidates who have completed their higher secondary education outside Canada should either
- Request and official attestation of Equivalence from the Ministère de l’Immigration, de la Diversité et de l’Inclusion, MIDI – formerly MICC
- Or, pay an additional non-refundable fee of 50 CAD for evaluation of their secondary school transcripts, scores, and diplomas
Candidates who have previously attended any college or university should declare the same in their application. They must also have their official transcripts sent to the university by the registrar of the institution they have attended.
Where to Apply: Online Application
Application Fee: 30 CAD + 50 CAD
Before applying for a program at Dawson College, international applicants are advised to check the admission checklist given below:
- Application form and procession fee.
- Certified copies of secondary school records and transcripts
- Postsecondary records, if applicable
- Photocopy of applicant’s birth certificate
- Health records and medical clearance certificate
- Valid passport and study permit
English Proficiency Test Scores for International Students
International applicants whose primary language is not English are required to submit ELP scores. This requirement is also valid for those who have completed secondary school from an institution where the medium of instruction was not English.
Dawson College accepts the following test scores:
|Test Name||Minimum Score Required|
Visa for International Students
After receiving the acceptance letter from the college applicants need to apply for a valid visa in order to study in Canada. In order to study at Dawson College, the applicants will require a study permit. To enter Canada students even require a Temporary Residence Visa. The completion of this whole process may take around 3 months.
Applicants require the following documents to obtain the student visa:
- A valid passport
- Application fee ( billed in CND)
- Evidence of sufficient funds
- Medical examination
The requirements for a temporary Visa are given below:
- Valid passport
- Specified application fee (billed in CND)
- The offer of admission received from Dawson College
- Evidence of sufficient funds
- Medical exam
Students studying in Canada should also learn more about the student partnership program.
Dawson College Pre-University and Career Program Admissions
Dawson College currently offers 21 career-oriented or technical programs. The duration of these programs is 3 years. Each career-oriented program is designed to enhance the employment opportunities for the students. It also offers admissions in 7 pre-university programs, which include Health Science, Pure and Applied Science, Environment Science, Social Science, Arts Literature and Communication, Visual Arts and Liberal Arts. The admission requirements for these two programs are the same.
- Assessment of pre-requisites (English, French, Mathematics, Physics, Science, and Chemistry) through entrance test.
- Applicants are required to submit an in-person portfolio.
All the academic programs offered at Dawson College require that students have a DES(Diploma of Secondary Studies) or equivalent academic background. This includes the following:
- Secondary V Language of Instruction
- Secondary V Second Language
- Secondary IV and V Science
- Secondary IV and V Mathematics
- Secondary IV History
Additional Prerequisites include -
- Interview/Portfolio/Drawing test/audition/Video
- Two letters of recommendation
- Letter of Intent
- Placement at the English 101 level or higher (testing may be required)
- Placement at the French 100 or 101 level or higher (testing may be required
student should learn more about how to write a statement of purpose for Canada Universities.
All the applications are processed and reviewed after the admission deadlines. The college has a separate Application Status Portal, where the applicants can monitor their applications. The admission decisions will be made by the college’s admission office.
Applicants will receive an official mail explaining the decision on their application. Admitted applicants will be sent their acceptance letters both by mail and regular post.