Eligibility & Entry Requirement
Students applying to Biotechnology - Advanced must meet the following requirements:
- OSSD including Gr 12 C English
- Gr 12 C Maths
- Any two Gr 11 or 12 C Sciences
Work Experience Eligibility:
- Applicants with 3-year degrees may be considered for admission with one year of work experience
- Students do not require any kind of work experience for this program.
Along with the minimum eligibility requirements, international students hailing from non-English speaking countries need to prove English proficiency through IELTS/TOEFL/any equivalent test.
The above requirements are the minimum requirements and do not guarantee admission. The admissions committee will consider all evidence in the file and decide. To know more about the requirem….Read More
Required Document List
Following Documents are required to attend this program:
- Statement of Purpose: An essay or other written statement written by the student.
- Resume/CV: Outline of academic achievements and/or awards, publications, relevant work and/or volunteer experience.
- Academic Documents: Submit copies of official transcripts from post-secondary institutions attended.
- Sample of written work: Student has to write something interesting as their sample essay in the application form.
- Statement of Interest: Reasons or intentions for pursuing studies in this program, including a description of prior experience.
- Two confidential letters of recommendation: Referees (Teachers, guidance counselors, or Professors) should comment on academics and that references should submit along with the application system.
- Proof that students have enough money to support themselves during their stay in Canada.
- Letters of reference or any other documents the visa office tell students to bring.
VISA & Work Study
- International Students will need to apply for a valid Student VISA before entering Canada.
- Students must have a study permit to enroll in any degree, program or course that takes more than 6 months to complete.
- Whether students also need an Entry Visa depends on their country of citizenship.
- Study Permit and Visitor Visa (Optional) is required to study in Canada.
- A study permit is usually valid for the length of the student’s study program, plus an extra 90 days.
- The cost of the Study Permit is 112 USD.
- The students need these documents to apply for a study permit:
- Proof of acceptance i.e The offer letter that the student received from the university.
- Proof of identity
- Proof of financial support i.e Documents showing the financial status.
Students may qualify to Work while studying off-campus without a work permit. If student qualify, their study permit will allow them to:
- Work up to 20 hours per week during regular academic sessions, and
- Work full-time during scheduled breaks, such as the winter and summer holidays or spring break.
To qualify, the student must:
- Have a valid study permit
- Be a full-time student.
- Be enrolled at a designated learning institution at the post-secondary level or, in Quebec, a vocational program at the secondary level.
Career and Placement after Course
Biological Technologists and Technicians