Graduate Certificate (Big Data Analytics)
Field of Study
International Student Tution
- Graduate Certificate in Big Data Analytics at Georgian College is offered as 1 year (2 semesters) program.
- It is an on-campus program offered on both a full-time and part-time basis.
- This program provides students with a unique blend of theoretical knowledge and applied skills.
- The main concepts of the program are:
- Data Manipulation Techniques
- Information Encoding Standards
- Data Systems Architecture
- Business Processes and Modelling
- Data Programming
- Mathematics for Data Analytics
- Data Visualization
- Students learn how to collect, curate, manipulate, encode, and store data sets so they can be analyzed and mined in such a way that they can be reused and repurposed to solve challenges.
- The Employment rate of Georgian College is 89.7%.
- Students will learn from professors who have real-world experience and are active in the industry.
- This program also offers a part-time delivery format which can be by students in 2 years.
- The part-time classes are scheduled in the evening which includes two courses per semester and in this course, students can register on a course-by-course basis.
- Students can only apply for part-time courses if they have previously completed postsecondary education such as a degree or diploma from an accredited university or college.
- Students must have these Hardware and software requirements in their laptops:
- Windows 10
- 16 Gb RAM
- 1 Tb hard drive
- A budget of $800
- If students are planning to use a Mac, they will want to Bootcamp the Mac and install Windows 10
- All other software will be installed in class
- Students can get employed in roles such as Data Analyst, Data Visualization Developer, Business Intelligence (BI) Specialist, Analytics Specialist, BI Solutions Architect, or Business Analytic Specialist.
- The average salary after completing this course is 49,000 USD.
|Degree Type Offered||Certificate|
|Fees||$ 14332 for 1 year|
|Delivery Type||full time|
|Admission Intake||fall (Deadline - Feb 1)|
Eligibility & Entry Requirement
- Students have to complete a post-secondary diploma or degree, or equivalent from a recognized institution.
- Students must have a specialty in science, technology, engineering, mathematics, or business.
To be successful in this program, students are required to have a personal notebook computer (either PC or Mac architecture) prior to the start of the program that meets or exceeds the following hardware specifications:
- Intel i5 processor or AMD equivalent
- 8GB of memory (16 GB recommended)
- 250GB hard drive (SSD recommended)
Indian Student Eligibility:
Indian students are eligible to apply if they have any one of the following certificates:
- All-India Senior School Certificate (AISSCE)
- Higher Secondary Certificate (HSC)
- Indian School Certificate (ISC)
- Intermediate Examination Certificate
- Pre-University Examination Certificate
- Diploma / Degree certificate Mark sheets for each year of study.
Along with the minimum eligibility requirements, international students hailing from non-English speaking countries need to prove English proficiency through IELTS/TOEFL/PTE/any equivalent test to get admission to this program.
Required Document List
Following are the required documents:
- Application form: All international student applications must be submitted through the International Application System (IAS), where program availability is located.
- CV/Resume: Outline of academic achievements and/or awards, publications, relevant work, and/or volunteer experience.
- Academic Documents: Students need to show proof of graduation, subjects are taken and grades received.
- Transcript: Students must submit the official marks statements or transcripts that are provided by the college.
- Clinical and field placement forms: Students have to submit documents required prior to the start of registration in order to ensure students' placement and to allow participation in clinical and field placement facilities.
- ELP Scores: Students have to submit original or certified copies of English language proficiency test scores like IELTS, TOEFL, or other test scores.
|fall||Feb 1, 2021|
Applications for all full-time programs will be accepted on an ongoing basis after the Feb. 1 deadline for all three intakes.
Fees & Funding
Tution & Application Fees
|Head||Avg Cost Per Year|
Scholarship Grants & Financial Aids
|Name||Amount||International Students Eligible||Application Deadline|
|BrokerFish International student scholarship||$ 1000||Yes||Dec 21, 2020|
|Forktip Women’s- Innovation Scholarship||Variable||Yes||Aug 30, 2020|
VISA & Work Study
- Student visa and Visitor Visa (Optional) is required to study in Canada.
- The Student visa is a document that the Canadian government issues that allow foreign students to study at institutions in Canada.
- A student visa is usually valid for the length of the student’s study program, with an additional 90 days. The 90 days lets the student prepare to leave Canada or apply to extend their stay.
- The cost of the student visa is 112 USD.
- The students need these documents to apply for a study permit:
- Proof of acceptance i.e The offer letter that the student received from the university.
- Proof of identity i.e. a valid passport or travel document.
- Proof of financial support i.e Documents showing the financial status.
- Immigration Medical Examination (IME).
- The International student can work as in Canada if their mode of study is full-time, they’re allowed to work on- or off-campus.
- A SIN is a 9 digit number that the Government of Canada gives the students. They need one to work in Canada.
- International students can work up to 20 hours per week during their studies and 40 hours per week during vacation.
- They can earn approximately CAD 8 - CAD 10 per hour as a part-time. Students can work full time off campus during co-op terms and can earn approximately CAD 10 - CAD 15 per hour.
Career and Placement after Course
- Graduates of this program are able to collect, organize and correlate data for a wide range of industries including government, applied research, human resources, health care, and sales and marketing.
- Leveraging prior background, skills, and experience, students may be employed in roles such as Data Analyst, Data Visualization Developer, Business Intelligence (BI) Specialist, Analytics Specialist, BI Solutions Architect or Business Analytic Specialist.
Since this was the only college providing Big Data Certification
Course Curriculum :
Curriculum is framed in such a manner that mostly relevant subjects are taught, but teaching may vary. Since course is online due to pandemic, experience will vary too.
I was impressed by it's infrastructure and that the executive council that promotes our rights, heightens our engagement, and enhances the quality of student life. My GPA was 7.7, and I was required to submit an application form worth an application fee of $100.
Course Curriculum :
Big Data allows users to visualize past, present, and future patterns by linking and presenting information in meaningful ways. Data Analytics offers deeper insight into the meaning of data sets by telling the story behind the information. This enables stakeholders to make more informed decisions, predict trends and better understand the needs and sentiments of customers.
I chose these two colleges as they have very good management, high skilled professors, labs with cutting edge technology and industry defined, modern and practical based programs.
Course Curriculum :
The Couse Curriculum and Academics are very good and up to date. Tech companies all around the globe uses the technology and tools being tought in these colleges.
I had deep interest in data analytics. I searched about the course and there were 2,3 colleges in option . I talked with alumni members . And selected this college
Course Curriculum :
Course was good . Because of online learning I did not get the chance to participate in curricular activities. Otherwise over all experience was smooth and very nice.