Bachelor of Computer Science [B.C.S] (Mobile Computing)
Field of Study
International Student Tution
- Sheridan College offers BCS in Mobile Computing program for a duration of 4 years (8 semesters).
- This course is offered on a full-time basis.
- Students are considered full-time if they take more than 70% of the required credits or 2/3 of the required courses for their program.
- This program is for students interested in being at the forefront of computer science innovation.
- They provide internship and undergraduate research for a variety of exciting job opportunities in this growing rapidly field.
- This program offers eight academics semesters with 3 co-op semesters for up to 12 months of industry experience upon graduation.
- Pursue a capstone project or a thesis for maximum flexibility and future career options.
- Students will also have the opportunity to engage in applied research at Sheridan’s Centre for mobile innovation during the academic semester and co-op work team.
- The Faculty and student ratio for this program is 1:16.
- Students receive in-class and 1-on-1 career education support to help prepare for the internship.
- The internship component is delivered by Sheridan's Co-operative Education Office, which facilitates more than 1800 co-op/internship work term per year Sheridan-wide.
- The average salary goes up to 40,500 USD after completing this program.
|Degree Type Offered||Bachelor|
|Fees||$ 62576 for 4 years|
|Delivery Type||full time|
|Admission Intake||fall (Deadline - Feb 1)|
Eligibility & Entry Requirement
- Students must hold an Ontario Secondary School diploma with 65% on the combined average course in Grade 12.
- Students need to complete Grade 12 English with 65% or higher.
- Students must provide acceptable proof of at least three years of full-time study in a secondary school (high school) or school system where English was the primary language of teaching and grading.
- Students should have completed two semesters of postsecondary education including required courses with a minimum of 65% overall average.
English Language proficiency:
- Applicants from India, China, Vietnam, Philippines, and Pakistan should note that IELTS is the only proficiency score accepted by the Study Direct Stream (SDS) program.
- Meeting the minimum English requirements does not guarantee admission. Students with higher English proficiency scores will receive priority in the admission assessment process.
- Not all students will qualify for EAP-3106 in place of the required IELTS or TOEFL test scores.
- SAT and ACT scores are not required for admission consideration at Sheridan College.
The above requirements are the minimum requirements and do not guarantee admission. The admissions committee will consider all evidence in the file and decide. To know more about the requirem….Read More
Required Document List
Required Documents are:
- Transcript: Students must submit the official marks statements or transcripts that are provided by the college.
- Certificates: Certificates like High School or University/College Certificates are to be submitted of education qualification.
- Test Results: Provide proof of English proficiency, if English is not the first language in the student country, as proof of IELTS/TOEFL/PTE result scores is to be submitted.
|fall||Feb 1, 2022|
Fees & Funding
Tution & Application Fees
|Year||Year 1||Year 2||Year 3||Year 4|
|Head||Avg Cost Per Year|
|Housing and meals||$ 13095|
Scholarship Grants & Financial Aids
|Name||Amount||International Students Eligible||Application Deadline|
|ASID Foundation Legacy Scholarships||$ 4000||Yes||N/A|
|Adobe Women in Technology Scholarship||Variable||Yes||N/A|
|BrokerFish International student scholarship||$ 1000||Yes||Dec 21, 2020|
|Forktip Women’s- Innovation Scholarship||Variable||Yes||Aug 30, 2020|
VISA & Work Study
- International Students will need to apply for a valid Student VISA before entering Canada.
- A student visa is an immigration document that allows students to live and study in Canada.
- The student must have a student visa to enroll in any degree, program, or course that takes more than 6 months to complete.
- Whether students also need an Entry Visa depends on their country of citizenship.
- The Temporary Resident Visa (Entry Visa) is a stamp placed on their passport that allows them to enter Canada.
- In most cases, students Entry Visa will have the same expiry date as their Student VISA.
- A student VISA is usually valid for the length of the student’s study program, plus an extra 90 days.
- The students need these documents to apply for a study permit:
- Proof of acceptance i.e The offer letter that the student received from the university.
- Proof of identity
- Proof of financial support i.e Documents showing the financial status.
- Students may be eligible to work in Canada while studying if a study permit includes a condition that says a student can work on or off-campus.
- Students must also meet all the other requirements.
- Students can only start working in Canada when they start the study program.
- Students can't work before studies begin.
- Students may work up to 24 hours per week.
Career and Placement after Course
This program prepares graduates for positions such as:
- Mobile Application Developer
- AR/VR Developer
- Web Application Developer
- Software Developer
- Computer System Analyst
- Database Analyst
- Software Engineering Developer
- Wireless Network Design Specialist
- Software/Application Architect
- System Engineering Developer
- Software Designer
- Quality Assurance Specialist
- Software Tester
- Network Administrator
- Network Security Officer
- Wireless Network Security Consultant
- Information Systems Manager
- Information Technology consultant
I always wanted to study abroad so I consulted an overseas educational consultancy and they suggested me to apply to three to four colleges to be safe. Two colleges selected me and send me their selection letters. But I took admission at the Sheridan College because it is considered on of the premium colleges for international students. To apply through the online portal, I was required to pay an application fee of $100.
Course Curriculum :
The program offers eight academics semesters with 3 co-op semesters, within the program, I'm being provided internship and undergraduate research for a variety of exciting job opportunities in this growing rapidly field. Also, we have the opportunity to engage in applied research at our college's Centre for mobile innovation during the academic semester and co-op work team.