Vancouver Community College: Rankings, Courses, Admissions, Tuition Fee, Cost of Attendance & Scholarships
Established in 1965, Vancouver Community College is a public Canadian community college located in Vancouver, British Columbia. It aims to provide real-world training through its industry-driven programs. More than 15,000 students representing over 150 countries are enrolled in the college.
One of the largest and oldest community colleges in Canada, Vancouver Community College has its 3 campuses namely Broadway, Downtown, and Annacis Island. It offers 91 Certificates, 31 Diplomas, 2 Post Diplomas, 3 Bachelors Degrees, 14 Apprenticeships, 2 Advanced Certificates, and 3 Short Certificates.
Its campus facilities include gourmet restaurants, an auto shop, and a salon and spa. These allow students to hone their skills and training while providing high-quality lower-cost services to the Downtown and East Vancouver communities.
Vancouver Community College Rankings
In 2020 Webometrics ranked Vancouver Community College as,
- #6327 in world university rankings.
- #1460 in continental ranking.
- #87 among institutes in Canada ranking.
- #5822 in openness.
- #6528 in excellence.
|Number of Programs||140|
|Annual Endowment||CAD 105 million|
|Student satisfaction rate||93%|
|Mode of Program||Part time, full time, & online|
|Language of teaching||English, French|
|Number of Campuses||Three|
|Financial Aid||Available as scholarships, grants, Bursaries & loans.|
|English language proficiency score||IELTS or TOFEL|
|Application Helpdeskemail@example.com | 604-443-8600|
Vancouver Community College Campus
- Vancouver Community College involves three main campuses.
- Downtown Campus is located at Hamilton
- Broadway Campus is which is situated at 1155 East Broadway
- The third campus was established in 2014 and is located at Annacis Island.
- VCC campus offers high-quality facilities including gourmet restaurants, an auto shop, and salon & spa at lower-cost.
- On-campus 24-hour security and campus parking is also available at VCC.
- Vancouver Community College has developed a Campus master plan to set a long-term vision for the future of Downtown and Broadway campuses.
Vancouver Community College Residence
- VCC suggests international students to arrange for their own housing as being a community college there is no housing facility.
- Liane’s Vancouver Homestay is the best option provided for VCC international students.
- Students placed with homestay families get facilities including a private room with a bed, bedding, dresser, chair, desk, desk lamp, and closet.
- Students will have to share common areas of the house including bathroom, kitchen, and TV room.
- Telephone and laundry facility is also provided along with three meals per day.
- Homestay fees include placement fees of CAD 290, homestay fee of CAD 854 per month, and airport pickup fee of CAD 75.
- For students, there are many options available in Metro Vancouver including Homestay, furnished & unfurnished rentals in houses, basement suites, condos, and apartments.
Vancouver Community College Programs
- VCC offers more than 100 certificate, Diploma, Degree, and Post-Degree full-time & part-time courses.
- Programs at Vancouver Community College are available in a variety of fields including Arts & Science, Culinary, Business, Language, Design, Fashion & Lifestyle, Health Science, Technology, and Music & Dance.
- VCC also offers special programs like Academic Upgrading with flexible courses to help the student reach their goals.
- The apprenticeship training program offers both classroom learning and On-the-job training to the students.
- VCC also offers Career-Oriented programs to students of all disabilities to provide access to meaningful employment.
- With the help of VCC’s University Transfer program, students can earn first-year university credits through flexible programs and transfer it to schools across Canada.
Some of the programs offered by the college along with their program fee are tabulated below:
|Bachelor of Applied Music||39,862|
|Bachelor of Hospitality Management||34,986|
|Business and Project Management Post-Degree Diploma||35,720|
|Canadian Business Management Post-Degree Diploma||35,720|
|Fashion Design & Production Diploma||31,610|
|Culinary Arts Diploma||35,496|
|Graphics Design Diploma||39,158|
Vancouver Community College Application Process
Student intake terms at VCC are winter, spring/summer, and fall. Qualified applicants receive an offer of admission only if the seats are available, or will be placed on the waiting list. International admissions to Vancouver Community College require following:
Application Portal:VCC Online Application
Application Fees: A CAD 145 non-refundable fee is applicable at the time of application.
Application DeadlinesThe college invites its admission application for the term of Winter, Spring, and Fall. In the term of 2019-20, a total of 15,460 students registered for admission at VCA. The application deadlines are given below:
|Term/Season||Application Opens||Deadline without a valid study permit||Deadline with a valid student permit|
|Winter 2022||February 1, 2021||August 31, 2021||November 30, 2021|
|Spring/Summer 2022||June 1, 2021||December 31, 2021||March 31, 2022|
|Fall 2022||October 30, 2022||April 30, 2022||July 31, 2022|
Documents required can vary for by programs, applicants need to check individual programs for specific admission requirements.
Vancouver Community College Cost of Attendance
Cost of attendance at VCC for academic year 2021-2022 is:
|Expenses||Cost in CAD|
|Tuition (Varies with program)||35,020|
|Medical & Dental||560|
- Additional fees including college initiative, campus resources, and U-Pass fees are also applicable and vary with the program.
- Tuition fees may vary from course to course, students need to confirm tuition fees for their desired course from the official website of the college.
- Fees mentioned above are approximate and subject to change with the approval of VCC’s board of Governors.
Vancouver Community College Financial Aid
- VCC offers financial aid in the form of Student Loans, bursaries, grants, awards, and scholarships for students who demonstrate financial need.
- VCC Emergency Bursary makes emergency funding available for students who need financial help due to being impacted by COVID-19.
- VCC General Bursary is available for students who can show financial need, is registered full-time student, or is disabled.
- Students at VCC may be eligible for a variety of scholarships to fund higher studies in Canada:
- BMW Group Canada Body and Paint Pre-Apprentice Scholarship of 15,000 CAD
- Dr. Bik May Wai Scholarship offers a 1000 CAD
- The Great-West Life, London Life & Canada Life Scholarship for New Canadians with a 1250 CAD scholarship.
- Jess Daniel Nichol Memorial Award offers a 3000 CAD scholarship.
- Pyrrha Scholarship worth 3,500 CAD
Vancouver Community College Alumni
- Alumni at VCC receive a free membership card that entitles students to on-campus benefits.
- Alumni get benefits such as access to the library, a 10% discount on items available at VCC bookstore; 10% off on spa & salon services, and discounts on certain events.
- VCC alumni could save on insurance with preferred rates from affinity program partner TD Insurance.
- Alumni can sign-up for a non-credit class and will receive 10% off on tuition.
- Notable alumni of VCC includes,
- Kevin Cherkas is a proud owner of the “Cuca” restaurant in Bali.
- Keith Maillard is a professor of creative writing at the University of British Columbia.
- Iain Lawrence is a bestselling Canadian author for children and young adults.
- Veda Hille is a Canadian songwriter.
Vancouver Community College Placement
- To explore career options VCC offers several courses for students to take including Assessment and career Options, Career Decision and Action Plans, Job Search Techniques ACED, Effective Communication, and Career Access-Academic Upgrading.
- For students with disabilities programs like Career Awareness and Deaf & Hard Hearing-Job Readiness are available at VCC.
- At VCC students can get one-to-one assistance, can speak with a counselor, or with Adviser to find the right path for career exploration.
- During the COVID-19 pandemic, VCC offers useful resources to help students in their job search.
- International students (work permit-holders) at VCC get help with job search, resume writing, and creating employer connections from BC Settlement and Integration Services.
International students are eligible to work part-time, up to 20 hours per week during their studies, and full-time during program breaks if enrolled full-time in a VCC certificate, diploma, or degree program that is six months or longer. International students will be eligible to apply for Post-Graduation Work Permit (PGWP) after completing a full-time certificate, diploma, or degree program of 8 months or longer.
How many students are enrolled in Vancouver Community College?
More than 15,000 students representing over 150 countries are enrolled in the college.
What are the programs offered by Vancouver Community College?
It offers 91 Certificates, 31 Diplomas, 2 Post Diplomas, 3 Bachelors Degrees, 14 Apprenticeships, 2 Advanced Certificates, and 3 Short Certificates in Baking and Pastry Arts, Business, Culinary Arts, Design, Early Childhood Care and Education, Hair Design and Esthetics, Health Sciences, Hospitality Management, Music and DanceTechnology, Transportation, and Trades.
What is the average IELTS score required for admission to Vancouver Community College?
An average IELTS score required is 6.5 for Vancouver Community College admissions.
Is Vancouver Community College a known school?
Yes, It is one of the largest and oldest community colleges in British Columbia which is known for its academics.
What is the application deadline for its programs?
The application deadline for the winter term is August 31, 2021.
What are some popular courses offered at Vancouver Community College?
Some of the popular courses offered here are Hairstyling, Applied Music, Culinary & Baking, Business, Design, etc.
What is the world ranking of this college?
Vancouver Community College ranking by one of the leading research websites of Europe, Webometrics is 6982 in the world ranking.
Does Vancouver Community College provide financial aid/scholarships to needy students?
Yes, Vancouver Community College provides more than 100 scholarship programs to need-based, residence-based, and entrance-based.
What is the total cost of attendance at Vancouver Community College?
The total cost of attendance for diploma and undergraduate programs is CAD 29,620.
FIND A PROGRAM
Application Portal : https://www.vcc.ca/applying/apply-now/
|total faculty||full time||part time||graduate assistants|
i have selected this college because i found this the best place for post degree programs.
Course Curriculum :
it was good providing a reasonable knowledge and skills important being in a canadian business.
I chose this college because my course is only available in this college in Vancouver and also college have all the facilities that i needed.
Course Curriculum :
As per my knowledge, my course updates every months according to vcc university which is good for students
I wanted to study in the Vancouver area, especially at public colleges and also took the hospitality courses I was looking for. I also applied to 3 other colleges and received an acceptance letter from another university and I personally chose this university.
Course Curriculum :
Syllabus is very updated and yes I will be also providing industrial exposure. Academics includes mainly of Hospitality operations , English , Mathematics, Room services and many more subjects which is of 4 semester and mainly focus on research things .
I wanted to pursue fashion designing but from a country abroad. Since I held a good score in my high school (arts background), it was easier for me to obtain admission at any college/university. I got to know about Vancouver Community College while I was doing my online research about what college to join. After going through the official website, I decided to apply. I paid a non-refundable application fee of $35.
Course Curriculum :
The course covers all the major topics required by us to be good in our field. Topics like fashion production, pattern drafting, computer-aided drafting, draping, knit garments, lined dresses, office attire, niche body types, etc are being covered.
The only college with Lpn program and its very reputable and well applauded for nursing. Lots of clinicals experience and hands on training. Very intense program. Its located in Vancouver and close to skytrain station. There were no other colleges in the city that were public and had the same program.
Course Curriculum :
Its good. No complaints
- Shopping Mall
- Book Store
- Bus Station
*All distance are measured radially. Actual distance may vary