LaSalle College - Vancouver: Rankings, Courses, Admissions, Tuition Fee, Cost of Attendance & Scholarships
LaSalle College Vancouver (LCV) was founded in 1998 as an English as a second language school (ESL). In 2002, the school started expanding its design-based programs like Fashion Design and Merchandising, Game 3D Modelling, Artistic Make-up, Interior Design, Graphic Design, and 2D/3D Animation as well as other online training programs.
Some of the popular E-learning programs at LaSalle College includes Interior Design, Fashion Marketing, Graphic Design - Branding, Administrative Assistant, Video Game 3D Modeling, Event Planning and Management, Fashion Styling and E-business, etc. All the programs aimed at allowing the graduates to enter the job market with confidence and build a solid career.
LCV's video game design program has consistently been named as one of the top undergraduate programs in Canada by the Princeton Review. The school is a member of the LCI Education network composed of 23 campuses across five continents. The average tuition fees at LaSalle College ranges from 16,500 CAD to 99,000 CAD depending on the category of program. Online programs are relatively inexpensive pegged at a range of 14,172CAD to 20,727 CAD
LaSalle College Vancouver Ranking
LaSalle College Vancouver (LCV) is ranked:
- 1st in Game design School in Canada by the Princeton Review 2018
- 10th in Top 50 Global Undergraduate Schools for Game Design by the Princeton Review 2018
- 209th in the list of 2020 Best Canadian Universities by Ranking Web of Universities
- 12389th in the list of 2020 Best Global Universities by Ranking Web of Universities
LaSalle College Vancouver Highlights
|Application fees||150 CAD|
|Financial aid||Grants, scholarships, loans|
|English language proficiency score||TOEFL or equivalent|
LaSalle College Vancouver Campus
- LaSalle College Vancouver (LCV) is located in an 80,000-square-foot building in beautiful Vancouver.
- The campus offers access to all amenities including the metro, shops, sports centers, hospital, cinemas, pharmacies, and supermarkets
- LaSalle College Vancouver campus is strategically situated at the foothills of the West Coast Mountains and on the Pacific Ocean coast
- The user-friendly public transportation, the proximity to spectacular scenery, and the environmentally-conscious culture make Vancouver an ideal place for learning.
- The campus has sufficient facilities that aid students in learning and acquiring knowledge
- Other locations of the campus include Istanbul, Colombia, Indonesia, Monterrey, Barcelona, Melbourne, Casablanca, and Tunis.
- LCV is also a member of the LCI Education network composed of 23 campuses on 5 continents.
LaSalle College Vancouver Residence
- Several housing options are available for students in the school. Some of the popular accommodation options include homestay, student house (private rooms), and student residence apartments
- Host families for homestay programs are carefully selected and scrutinized to provide quality service to students
- Some of the services in students’ residence include Sauna and Indoor heated pool, game room, library and business center, Kitchen, lounges, on-site restaurant and bistro, etc.
- Weekly room rates for accommodation through the various accommodation options range from 180 CAD to 1,695 CAD
LaSalle College Vancouver Program
- LaSalle Vancouver offers both online and on-campus programs for international students
- English for Academic Purposes (EAP) program is also available for students who do not meet the English Proficiency requirements
- LCV offers Certificates, diplomas and Bachelor programs in fields such as Game Design & VFX, Graphic Design, Interior Design, Audio & Film, Fashion, and Culinary.
- Some of the popular courses in fashion include Bachelor of Design in Fashion Design, Diploma in Fashion Design, and Diploma in Jewellery Design.
- LCV has been consistently named the top undergraduate school in Canada for video game design by the Princeton Review
- A study abroad program which spans from one week to one semester is available to students at any of the network’s campuses.
LaSalle College Vancouver Application Process
How to apply
Application Portal: Online Application Portal
Application Fee: 150 CAD
- Regular Quarter Starts – January, April, July, October
- Jewellery Design Start – September
Entry Requirements: All bachelor’s degree applicants are required to take the Accuplacer test. Depending on the test scores, students may be required to take Transitional Studies courses. A minimum score of “C” is required of the students before being eligible for their program of study.
- High School Transcript
- High School certificate or diplomas, written in English or an official English translation
- A Photocopy of a valid passport
- A Photocopy of valid Study Permit (Students who do not have a valid permit need to apply and obtain a valid Study Permit before commencing the program)
- Proof of English Language Proficiency
- A copy of government issued identification
- Admissions interview via phone or on campus
English Language Requirements
International students whose language is not English must prove their proficiency of the English language to study at foreign universities by submitting one of the following test scores
|Test||Certificates & Diploma||Bachelor Degree|
|Accuplacer ESL||320 composite||400|
LaSalle College Vancouver Cost of Study
The candidates who want to attend the foreign university need to plan an estimated expenses to study in Canada. The average cost of attending LaSalle College is mentioned below:
|Program Category||Tuition fee (CAD)|
|Bachelor of Science, Design and Applied Design||99,000|
|Diploma||17,820 – 57,740|
Some of the popular certificate courses with fees include:
|Culinary Arts & Restaurant Ownership (90 credits)||49,500 CAD|
|Digital Film & Video (90 credits)||49,500 CAD|
|Digital Photography (60 credits)||33,000 CAD|
|Fashion Design (90 credits)||49,500 CAD|
|Fashion Marketing (90 credits)||49,500 CAD|
|Game Art & Design (105 credits)||57,750 CAD|
N/B: The Tuition fee listed above is the total tuition fee covering the entire duration of the program.
The total estimated cost of study for the 2020 academic session is presented below:
|Tuition Fee||16,500 – 99,000|
|Total||32,500 – 115,000|
LaSalle College Vancouver Financial Aid for International Students
- LaSalle College Vancouver provides scholarships for international students enrolled in full-time programs.
- The scholarships support and recognize students with excellent academic, athletic, or creative records by providing up to 50% of their tuition.
- Entrance scholarships worth up to 5,000 CAD are offered to new students admitted into diploma programs, and up to 10,000 CAD to new students admitted into degree programs.
- Programs, where these entrance scholarships are available, are Game Design and VFX, Interior Design, Graphic Design, Fashion, Audio and Film, and Culinary
Some of the scholarships offered to international students at LaSalle College are:
- Talent Scholarship which covers up to 20% of annual full-time tuition fee open to new students in degree and diploma programs.
- Academic Excellence Award with various awards for applicants who have received an offer of admission. Applicants are required to submit a signed and completed form with a copy of the official transcripts (original and certified translation if not in English)
- Travel Bursary worth 1,000 CAD for applicants living more than 200km radius from campus to support transportation cost to campus
- Athletic scholarship worth up to 20% of the annual, full-time tuition.
Further, one may look for other scholarship opportunities for international students to study in Canada.
LaSalle College Vancouver Alumni
Some of the benefits enjoyed by LaSalle’ college alumni include Alumni networking, participation in events and occasion, etc.
Some of the notable alumni include:
- Amy Herndon – Fashion Designer
- Nikki Snider – VFX for Film and Television
- Eunice Natasha Gilbert – Culinary Arts
LaSalle College Vancouver Placement
- Before graduation, students are mentored by a Career Services advisor with whose helps students can gain more insight on how to scale through job interviews
- Seminars, workshops and One-on-one mock interview session are also organized to help students ace through recruitments processes
- The school through the career service help students in getting internships, freelance jobs, part time jobs and full time jobs through the Job search portal containing database of employers
- During the quarterly portfolio show with potential employers in attendance, students can showcase their academic work to potential as a precursor to getting placement
FIND A PROGRAM
Accredited college in Montreal, Private college backed by government funding, good staff, and quality of education.
The course is well laid out. DEC courses include English and French which are mandatory by the Quebec government for all CGEP colleges. Teachers are experienced and qualified. At the end of the course, there is a 3 months internship offered as well for all the courses.
I had an interest in pursuing a career in baking and opening my own chain of confectionery shops in the future. I asked a lot of people who are in this field and I also verified their opinions by searching online and came across the diploma programs offered by La Salle College. I applied here by getting all my transcripts evaluated by NACES.
Our course curriculum was amazing and was of the best in global standards. We were taught all about the nitty-gritty of baking and all fundamentals related to it from scratch. It was a blend of theory classes with a much larger focus on the actual practice of baking itself. Most of the famous chefs from the industry used to visit our college to impart knowledge through their master classes.
Learning Game Design & VFX has always been my passion. And when I visited an educational consultant then according to my profile he suggested me this college and I got admission easily.
The course curriculum is designed brilliantly. It has more practical knowledge. Labs are conducted 5 days a week. Projects are allocated to each and every student for better learning of programming skills.