Sprott School of Business: Rankings, Courses, Admissions, Tuition Fee, Cost of Attendance & Scholarships
Sprott School at Carleton University is an internationally accredited full-service business school in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. Located in the national capital it gives better career opportunities to its students and chances to collaborate with agencies that give global exposure. It offers undergraduate, graduate, doctoral, certificate, and professional programs to the domestic and international students willing to study in Canada. Sprott School of Business works with three core strengths: international focus, innovation, and responsible management. It works to lead the business sector with its innovative programs, researches, and collaborative partnerships.
|School Type||Private business school|
|MBA Employment Rate||100%|
|Average Percentage of international students over the recent years||14%|
|Intake Sessions||Fall and winter|
|Financial Aid||Scholarship and bursary|
- Sprott School of Business operates in the Dunton Tower of Carleton University in Ottawa, which is regarded as one of the best cities for international students in Canada
- Dunton at one of the top 5 universities in Canada is a 22-story tower house with four designated parking spaces.
- Carleton is building a new home for Sprott School of Business, Nicol Building.
- Nicol Building in the heart of the university’s campus and covers 115,000 square-foot space.
- Equipped with flexible classrooms, and a unique learning environment it offers special meeting and event spaces as well.
- The students of Sprott School of Business live in the residence facilities provided by the Carleton University.
- There are eight on-campus buildings with residence facilities.
- Most of the accommodations have traditional double rooms and limited numbers of single rooms.
- The suite-style rooms have both single and double rooms with beds, desk with chair, shared washroom, along with a sitting area and kitchen.
- The residence facility includes a mandatory meal plan.
- Sprott School of Business offers bachelor's, masters, doctorate, post-baccalaureate diploma, and professional programs in business and management.
- The Sprott MBA offers specialization in African Studies.
- MBA students with less than two years of work experience must complete an MBA internship program.
- Carleton offers a range of workshops to develop the professional skills of graduate students.
- Sprott School of Business and the Faculty of Engineering and Design runs an initiative The Technology Innovation Management Program that offers three degrees.
- The school offers eight collaborative specializations.
International students are required to follow the enlisted application process to secure admission at Sprott School of Business. Most highly coveted higher education institutes in Canada follow a similar admission process for international students.
- Application Portal: International Student Application
- Application Fees: Graduate: 100 CAD (150 CAD for MBA program); Undergraduate: 100 CAD
Application Deadline: Each graduate program has different deadlines. There are different deadlines for international and domestic students. The deadlines for international students are as follows:
- Master of Accounting
Summer: January 30, 2020
Final deadline: March 31, 2020
Fall: July 01, 2020
Deadline: July 31, 2020
- General Deadline for undergraduate students
Fall: June 01, 2020
Student Class Profile
- Percentage of International students: 60%
- Percentage of Male students: 52%
- Percentage of Female students: 48%
- Employment rate: 100%
- Standardized test scores: GMAT:600(MSc Management); GMAT:550 (MBA courses)
Note: Equivalent GRE scores are also accepted instead of GMAT scores
IELTS: 6.5/TOEFL iBT: 80/PTE: 60
Supporting Documents: Official academic transcript, statement of interest form, resume, two or more letters of recommendation form high school officials/ professors.
Cost of Attendance
The rough estimate of the cost of living in Canada for International applicants includes the following. However, this is the average cost and is subject to vary.
|Annual Budget Academic Year (2020-21)||Fees(CAD)|
|Tuition and Mandatory fees||27,282- 36,863|
|Rooms and Boards||10,893-13,663|
|Books and Supplies||1,400|
Financial Aid for International Students
- Carleton University provides several scholarships and bursaries to support the education of international students. Last year 12,000 scholarships worth 23 Million CAD were distributed to undergraduate students.
- The following are scholarship granted to deserving international students by Sprott School of Business:
- Sprott School of Business Scholarship: The Dean’s Entrance Scholarship of Excellence is awarded to the first-year BCom students worth 2000 CAD- 4000 CAD.
- Entrance Scholarship: The merit-based renewable Entrance scholarship is offered to the students admitted directly from high-school with an average of more than 80 percent.
- Prestige Scholarship: This scholarship is worth 5,000 to 7,500 CAD and offered yearly to the students with a mission average of more than 90 percent. This is the university's highest award.
- Deserving students can apply for Scholarships in Canada granted by government and external agencies.
- Apart from the above-mentioned financial aid options, scholarships are also available to graduate international students studying in Canada
- Sprott School of Business has an alumni network of over 115,00 graduates from over 82 countries. The school offers several benefits to them such as life insurance, athletic memberships, career assistance, travel program, fitness discount, etc.
Find a Program
Times Higher Education
Ranked #501 - #600
International Business (International)
I took admission in Sprott School of Business because of the curriculum of its MBA program. The placement rate of the college is really good and heard a lot about the faculty. I did BBA from a renowned university in Bangladesh and wanted to complete my MBA from abroad. After researching a lot on the internet I decided to apply for the Sprott School of business through the International Student Application, the application fee for the MBA program was $150.
Course Curriculum :
MBA has an integrated management curriculum, it is designed to teach us all the aspects of business management and strengthen our skill to perform like an expert in the industry. We get the chance to attend conferences, seminars, and many other programs during the course. The course concludes in 16 months only.
- Bus Station
- Book Store
- Shopping Mall
*All distance are measured radially. Actual distance may vary