Haskayne School of Business: Rankings, Courses, Admissions, Tuition Fee, Cost of Attendance & Scholarships
Haskayne School of Business, founded in 1967, an eponym after Richard F. Haskayne. The school is a component of the University of Calgary. Over 4,000 full-time and part-time students are enrolled in several bachelors, master, and doctorate programs. There are also 1,300 executive education program participants. As the next generation of leaders in Canada, the University celebrates over 25,000 alumni in 89 countries worldwide.
Haskayne School of Business is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB International). The school has maintained this accreditation since 1985 by undergoing a rigorous assessment once in every 5 years. Corporate Knights positioned Haskayne's MBA in the top Better World MBAs and also in Canada’s Best MBAs: Top 10 by Value by Canadian Business in 2016. It is one of the top business schools in Canada and a popular choice among international students.
Haskayne School of Business Rankings
- In the QS Top 50 Under 50 by QS World University Rankings (2016), the University of Calgary tops the ranking as number 1 in North America.
- Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) also ranked Alberta Haskayne Executive MBA among the top 20 Global Joint EMBA Rankings and among top 20 joint Executive MBA programs worldwide by Ivey Exec (2017).
- Maclean raked the Haskayne School of Business among the 20 best business schools in Canada in 2018.
|No. of Campus||2|
|Intake Season||Fall/ Winter|
|Mode of Program||Full-time/ Part-time|
|Financial Aid||Scholarships, Awards and Bursaries|
Haskayne School of Business Campus
- Haskayne School of Business has two campuses in Canada: the Scurfield Hall (main University of Calgary campus) and Downtown Campus (business district campus).
- Calgary is one of the most liveable cities in the world along with being one of the business hubs of Canada.
- The Scurfield Hall is the main site of the school situated in the southeast corner of the University of Calgary campus.
- The downtown campus is the home to the Haskayne School of Business’ Executive Education and Westman Centre for Real Estate Studies, and where MBA courses take hold.
- The school has numerous research centres on campus like the creative destruction lab – Rockies, Trico Foundation Social Entrepreneurship Centre, the Canadian Centre for Advanced Supply Chain Management and Logistics (CASL), Westman Centre for Real Estate Studies (WCRES), Hunter Centre for Entrepreneurship and Innovation (HCEI), Centre for Corporate Sustainability (CCS), and more.
- There are numerous student clubs and organizations on campus that encourage student participation outside the classroom.
Haskayne School of Business Residence
- The school offers accommodation options for international students at the University of Calgary campus.
- Several types of residence options are available depending on the students level of study.
- Residence rooms are fully furnished, with cooking facilities and a dining centre. Some types of rental accommodation includes high rise apartments, walk-up condos, suites, and shared accommodation.
- There are hostels available for students to reside in. However, they are not close to campus.
- At Haskayne School of Business, there are options available for temporary housing for students. This depends on the factors such as budget, convenience/distance to campus or the airport, and conformability to share an apartment.
- All international students are encouraged to book temporary accommodation before their arrival at Haskayne School of Business.
Haskayne School of Business Courses
- Haskayne School of Business offers a full range of degree programs in Business. These include 1 undergraduate degree program, 5 graduate degrees, 2 doctoral programs and executive education programs.
- The only undergraduate degree offered is the Bachelor of Commerce as three combined programs and 18 concentrations. Some concentrations are Accounting, Finance, Business, International Business Strategy, Marketing, Real Estate Studies, etc.
- The Haskayne MBA programs are available in 6 variations that include Daytime MBA, Evening MBA, Accelerated MBA, Combined MBA, Thesis MBA, and Executive MBA.
- Haskayne Executive Education that supports professional development needs is open for Individuals (Open Enrolment Programs), for organizations (Custom Programs), for board directors (Governance Programs).
- The Master of Science in Sustainable Energy Development (SEDV) is offered jointly by the School of Business, Schulich School of Engineering and Faculties of Graduate Studies in both Law and Environmental Design.
Haskayne School of Business Application Process
Haskayne School of Business welcomes applications for the fall semester. Being a renowned institution, securing admission can be slightly competitive.
How to Apply?
Applicants seeking admission to Haskayne School of Business must take note of the following:
Application Portal: Online Application
Application Fee: 125 CAD (Canadian Applicants); 145 CAD (international students)
Admission Requirements: The following requirements must be fulfilled to secure admission at Haskayne:
- Transcripts from all previously attended institutions (Translated to English)
- Official GMAT score report (for students with a GPA lower than 3.3)
- Proof of English language proficiency (if required)
- Professional work experience (depending on program)
- Two essay
- Reference letters
English language test score requirements
Haskayne School of Business Cost of Attendance
- International applicants are required to pay a differential fee together with international tuition fees. Dependent international students will receive assessed fees at the Canadian student rates.
- The list of tuition and general fees is compiled below:
|Fee Type||Amount (International students)|
|Tuition fees - Students admitted Spring 2020 (per 3 units)||2,017.20 CAD|
|Haskayne (per 3 units)||2,279.91 CAD|
|Schulich (per 3 units)||2,017.20 CAD|
|Tuition fees - Students admitted Winter 2020 (per 3 units)||1,925.52 CAD|
|Haskayne (per 3 units)||2,176.29 CAD|
|Schulich (per 3 units)||1,925.52 CAD|
|Student Services Fee||80.25 CAD|
Haskayne School of Business Scholarships/Financial Aid
- International students are offered scholarships, awards and bursaries at Haskayne School of Business.
- To be eligible, students must be registered full-time in an undergraduate program.
- International students are eligible to apply for financial aid that does not specify
- For every prospective student, these are some popular scholarships awarded at Haskayne.
|University of Calgary International Entrance Scholarship||15,000 CAD||Awarded to international undergraduate students applying to any faculty; students must satisfy the English language requirements for admission.|
|University of Calgary Alumni Association International Student Bursary||5,000 CAD||Awarded to international undergraduate students in third or fourth year in any faculty.|
|Romeo and Eva De Guia Scholarship||2,000 CAD||Awarded to continuing international students entering the second, third or fourth year in any faculty; students must satisfy English language proficiency requirements.|
Haskayne School of Business Alumni Network
- Haskayne School of Business alumni network comprises over 25,000 alumni in 90 countries.
- Haskayne alumni enjoy staying connected by participating in alumni communities of interest including active and prosperous alumni.
- Haskayne alumni benefit from worldwide educational tours, and discounted rates at active living, access to campus libraries and more.
- Some notable Haskayne school of business alumni are:
- Garrett Camp - co-founder of Uber
- Charlie Fischer - President & CEO, Nexen Inc.
- Kevin Foreman - General Manager of GeoAnalytics at INRIX
- George Gosbee - President, Chairman & CEO, Tristone Capital Inc.
- Gary Kovacs - Technologist in San Francisco Bay Area
Haskayne School of Business Placements
Every graduate at Haskayne School of Business gets selected rates on insurance and credit cards including hot-ticket deals. The Haskayne Career Development Centre connects students with employers and partners. It also helps students grow their careers professionally, gain work experience and build a network of business contacts including other advantages. At least 7 out of 10 graduates from Haskayne MBA get employed for 3 months after graduation. The average starting salary for graduates at Haskayne is 91,000 CAD.
Find a Program
|total faculty||full time||part time||graduate assistants|
Times Higher Education
Ranked #151 - #175
Ranked #251 - #300
International Business (International)
Among all the other colleges that I had options to choose from only this college had the AACSB Accreditation. This was the prime reason for me to choose this college. Since AACSB is really tough for any college to become eligible as it ensures higher opportunity for job placements for students with competitive salaries. I registered for the program through the official website of the college, the application fee that was $145.
Course Curriculum :
The MBA program is well-tailored for aspiring entrepreneurs or entrepreneurs who already have a business hence looking to expand and strategize their business model into a more robust and adaptive one that would be able to handle the cut-throat competitions in today's market. Assessments and the courses are highly competitive which ensures that by the end of the curriculum a student is well prepared for any hurdle in the career. MBA in Haskayne School of business can be done at a regular pace which I had opted for which spans around 20 months or the college also offers accelerated MBA courses which nearly take only half of that time.
- Bus Station
- Book Store
- Shopping Mall
*All distance are measured radially. Actual distance may vary